Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830393 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17925 on: January 08, 2014, 05:38:56 am »

((Yeah, but you don't get nearly as many cases where the collateral damage of a nuke is permissible. Grenade launchers are less situational.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17926 on: January 08, 2014, 05:42:54 am »

((More dakka seems like a good choice. Besides, what could go possibly wrong about firing a 10cm lump of explosive shrapnel, alongside a stream of fire, at enemy xenos? Hopefully, I'll be able to upgrade a mech suit into a unstoppable killing machine, with a high enough Handiwork. The (totally not a dump stat) 0 Will hopefully gets him more.. psychopathy.))

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: January 08, 2014, 05:59:28 am »

((We can get nukes like that. Grenade launchers are nothing.))

((Actually, I think our nukes are about football sized. Might be wrong, PW could say for sure, but I'm fairly sure that's correct.

((Hopefully, I'll be able to upgrade a mech suit into a unstoppable killing machine, with a high enough Handiwork.))

((Have fun. The Battlesuit pretty much already fits that description, compared to most of what we'll be fighting.

It's also probably cheaper than whatever you have in mind.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:03:21 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: January 08, 2014, 06:15:21 am »

((Actually, I think our nukes are about football sized. Might be wrong, PW could say for sure, but I'm fairly sure that's correct.
((I meant we could get them whenever we want.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: January 08, 2014, 06:20:21 am »

((Have fun. The Battlesuit pretty much already fits that description, compared to most of what we'll be fighting.

It's also probably cheaper than whatever you have in mind.))
((The Modular Combat Suit is also much more expensive than a Battlesuit, most likely. Conservative estimates put the Melee in the 26-28 range (kinetic amps, tesla emitters, battlesuit plating), and the Drone in the 30-32 range (twenty custom drones plus bells&whistles), to the Battlesuit's 20.

That still won't stop me from trying to build them. ^_^

And seriously, 100mm may not be a typical grenade launcher, but it's not artillery unless it has range in the kilometers. It's really more of a mortar. And 50mm is very much an artillery caliber. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_cm_Pak_38 ;) ))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:23:02 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: January 08, 2014, 06:29:07 am »

And seriously, 100mm may not be a typical grenade launcher, but it's not artillery unless it has range in the kilometers. It's really more of a mortar. And 50mm is very much an artillery caliber.))

((Au contraire.

You got more than the PaK 38 for calling 50mm artillery? At least there's examples of 50mm grenade launchers. That it was used as an artillery caliber does not mean that it was only an artillery caliber (look at the 37mm PaK 36, and consider that most grenade launchers today are 40mm, bigger than the 'artillery' caliber PaK 36).))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:35:14 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: January 08, 2014, 06:30:18 am »

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: January 08, 2014, 06:37:18 am »

((To be honest, I got the inspiration for the suit from a combination of the Marauder and Firebat from Starcraft 2, heavily bolstered with armor plate and some serious weapon upgrades.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: January 08, 2014, 07:06:56 am »

(( TECHNICIAN! GET HIM! *grabs smurf and drags him over to the other thread to he can be set to the greuling work of replacing the armor on the sword* :P

No seriously, get over here, I need you to take my place so I can fly aircraft! Also, you have more handiwork than all three of us put together. Halp! We don't know the things!This thread here :P

And in all seriousness, welcome aboard!))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: January 08, 2014, 07:12:07 am »

I think you missed the action in my turn:
Also, grab a container and use manip to 'bend' some of the electrogas into the container. Use the container that seems most applicable, and be sure not to get to near to the gas itself; put the jar down a few meters away from it, stand back, use manip.

((so it's ok to just leave the braindeads on ship then, I assume?))

Also, questions galore:

"Now, how do you plan on pulling off this boarding operation? Are we going to launch once they've deployed their ground forces, once they're beaten, or somewhere between that? Should I reserve a few squads for the boarding action, or will we pull people from the other teams? And how exactly would the boarding itself go? Want us to crash a shuttle into their hangar bay and go from there? And do we have something to get through their blast doors in case they shut them before we can enter? Oh, and are we going to board all their ships at the same time, or a few at a time? And could the other ships turn tail and flee if we're not fast enough? Finally, what's the chance of them using gauss weaponry, missiles or other solid ammo against our boarding ships, and would we survive that?

Oh, and Simus mentioned using neutron warheads as well as regular nukes. What do you think of that?"

You touch the rifle. The gauntlet unfolds into a massive number of mechanical limbs and moving parts and pieces and subsumes the rifle, pulling it from your hands. After a few seconds the gauntlet shrinks back to normal size. The rifle is gone.
((Omnomnom firearms. Full of Fiber and Iron.))

((You know, for all his ominous talking Xan hasn't actually, y'know... Really done anything yet with his powers. Except for absorbing those dead sods maybe. I'm curious how well his shapeshifting will hold up in a real combat situation.))

((Also: hi smurfingtonthethird. Welcome to the smurf. Oh, and we indeed have a variety of armored smurfs, there are several battlesuit variants not smurfed in the Armory. ))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:40:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: January 08, 2014, 09:57:23 am »

Besides, what could go possibly wrong about firing a 10cm lump of explosive shrapnel, alongside a stream of fire, at enemy xenos?
((That reminds me. Are you up-to-date on what we're doing?))

((I meant we could get them whenever we want.))
((Which does not mean that they are in any way practical...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: January 08, 2014, 10:17:40 am »

((I will affirm this...))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: January 08, 2014, 11:08:44 am »

Approach cau...tious...ly. Stop if any effects become apparent.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: January 08, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »

(( TECHNICIAN! GET HIM! *grabs smurf and drags him over to the other thread to he can be set to the greuling work of replacing the armor on the sword* :P

No seriously, get over here, I need you to take my place so I can fly aircraft! Also, you have more handiwork than all three of us put together. Halp! We don't know the things!This thread here :P

And in all seriousness, welcome aboard!))
((I'll get to work once PW approves me.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17939 on: January 08, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »

I'll head out on my own. Keep looking for more lootable anomalies.
First one you come across is what looks like a giant lump of spiky pollen that has a reddish glow to it.

Milno doesn't even blink as his bizarre, probably mildly self-aware glove decides one of few actual weapons appears to be a delicious snack. "Alien tech." he flatly states. Boon and doom, both in a single package.

Since he has already screwed up in a way... Why not try something new?

Spend a turn concentrating on the glove's powers, trying to visualize the gauss-rocket hybrid rifle with the intention of making the glove "turn" into it for a few minutes.
A dynamic bonus turn, I assume?

Look for any tunnels down here. If I find none, head up to the 15th floor and go into that tunnel. If there is a tunnel where I am, however, enter that one after notifying teammates.

You take the path at the bottom and follow it around for a bit. More organs, more goo, more mess; it would be rather disgusting if such things freaked you out anymore. But considering you're pretty much the same thing in a slightly more stable state, it doesn't. The path you follow has a stream of acid running down the center of it, and you have to stay off to one side to not step in the stuff. Eventually, you come to what seems to be a lake of the stuff; a lake of acid with dozens of similar tunnels connecting into it, flowing a constant stream of acid and semi-dissolved matter into what you can only assume is a stomach.

"Thumping. Maybe it's the heart? Though why it would expose the heart is beyond me. Dammit. Okay, anyone who wants to follow me can, but I'm not gonna blame you if you don't. Milno, if this tunnel closes, consider yourself in command."

Begin charging brain to create a hollow ball of force around our little group if the walls suddenly close. Enter the tunnel.
Follow Morul into the tunnel. Flamethrower at the ready, as always.

((Well, hell. Ok then))

Follow any teammates that look like they are heading off in a group, readying the laser rifle and thinking of the best ways to use the microwave amp down here
(With amps, the answer is always "Very carefully")

Stick next to Morul. Also enter tunnel B
Act as rearguard for the group, looking out for any sudden floods of acid.

The tunnel leads to a chamber that resembles the inside of a ribcage. In the center of the room, suspended on great ropes of sinew and arteries, Are what look like a human heart and a human brain. They're massive though, and seemingly alive, though you're not sure if they're actually being used for anything.  The walls of the room are covered in eye balls.

I think you missed the action in my turn:
Also, grab a container and use manip to 'bend' some of the electrogas into the container. Use the container that seems most applicable, and be sure not to get to near to the gas itself; put the jar down a few meters away from it, stand back, use manip.

((so it's ok to just leave the braindeads on ship then, I assume?))

Also, questions galore:

"Now, how do you plan on pulling off this boarding operation? Are we going to launch once they've deployed their ground forces, once they're beaten, or somewhere between that? Should I reserve a few squads for the boarding action, or will we pull people from the other teams? And how exactly would the boarding itself go? Want us to crash a shuttle into their hangar bay and go from there? And do we have something to get through their blast doors in case they shut them before we can enter? Oh, and are we going to board all their ships at the same time, or a few at a time? And could the other ships turn tail and flee if we're not fast enough? Finally, what's the chance of them using gauss weaponry, missiles or other solid ammo against our boarding ships, and would we survive that?

Oh, and Simus mentioned using neutron warheads as well as regular nukes. What do you think of that?"

You touch the rifle. The gauntlet unfolds into a massive number of mechanical limbs and moving parts and pieces and subsumes the rifle, pulling it from your hands. After a few seconds the gauntlet shrinks back to normal size. The rifle is gone.
((Omnomnom firearms. Full of Fiber and Iron.))

((You know, for all his ominous talking Xan hasn't actually, y'know... Really done anything yet with his powers. Except for absorbing those dead sods maybe. I'm curious how well his shapeshifting will hold up in a real combat situation.))

((Also: hi smurfingtonthethird. Welcome to the smurf. Oh, and we indeed have a variety of armored smurfs, there are several battlesuit variants not smurfed in the Armory. ))

What kinda container you want to get? Since that gas reacts poorly to rocks, it might not be easy to contain.

>There should be a time when the battle has reached and passed it's crucial moment; when the worst is over and it's just down to cleaning up. We'll launch them then. As per crew, I'd say get some people picked and prepped so that when the moment comes you can order them off the front lines and onto the ships.

The ships will have a method of cutting in. Really, those ships are gonna more like hollowed out cannon balls we fire into them then traditional ships. Also, don't worry too much about solid ammo; they don't have missiles and Gauss cannons aren't designed for point defense. It would be like hitting a fly with a cannon.

Neutron bombs are fine.

Approach cau...tious...ly. Stop if any effects become apparent.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You step in close. Poke. Poke poke.

Nothing.

I want in on this glorious madness. Hope its never too late.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gonna assume you know whats going on and what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1256