Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832586 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18645 on: February 04, 2014, 06:05:28 pm »

((And everything else hasn't?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18646 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:02 pm »

((Yeah, this is a running itinerary of 'bad idea'.))

Good thing he had no more use for conventional money. Or any conventional money.

Try tuning self to sense organisms
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18647 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »

((And everything else hasn't?))
((My idea is a good one.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18648 on: February 04, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »

((Oi!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18649 on: February 05, 2014, 01:44:32 am »

slowly circle the area, avoiding anything that seems hazardous. Look for anything else that is different or otherwise out of place. Note if the biohorror has sensory organs in the area. Note if there are exits from here other than the way we came in.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18650 on: February 05, 2014, 02:53:00 pm »

((Reposting so the message gets heard.))

Quote from: Simus>All
If you are interested in staying on Hephaestus, the meeting begins as soon as everyone who responds to this assembles in the Briefing Room. If you are otherwise occupied, inform me and I'll patch you in, but I prefer physical presence.
Quote from: Simus>Milno, Jim, Miyamoto
I would like you three, if you are not otherwise occupied, to join the meeting as well, in case anyone from your roster wishes to stay.
Quote from: Simus>Jim
Meet me early if you wish to discuss what occurred with Auron.

((Why is the stuff like laser rifles and gauss rifles costing us anything?  I thought we had thousands of them on the Sword.))

((Since we instead have massive slabs of carbon (which I think is what's being used as our Resource Units), I think it was, and the AM simply transmutes it into what's needed. If I understood things correctly.))

((I'm pretty sure it was mentioned earlier that laser rifles and gauss rifles were left over from the Altered Wars, and they had millions of them laying around... I can't find the quote right now though... Hmm....

Anyways, if it isn't cost effective to make the Commando, why not go the other extreme?

Spoiler: Sod Fodder Squad (click to show/hide)

They will sacrifice their lives for the greater good of Mother Russia!
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18651 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »

Will Steve mine the jump point the fleet will return from or do we have to expend RUs for that?

Does this system have any facilities on other planets, moons or asteroids? Any sensor arrays?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18652 on: February 05, 2014, 04:07:37 pm »

Transfer my brain from my head to the core of my chest, sealing it in multiple layers of shock-absorbing organic gel, supertough bone-chitin-impact resistant organic armor, enough to protect it but not taking up too much space there. Keep my eyes and mouth and such in the head area, and keep the general head shape to fool onlookers.
Ok. You're pretty barrel chested now, but not outrageously so.

"Well. It can grow a pair of shoulders and shrug them at me, but it can't just make a mouth and speak to me. Sure universe, make my life harder."

Activate loudspeaker.

"Okay, how about this. I'll climb up there, and start cutting. If you feel weird, or anything out of the ordinary, wave a tentacle at me, and I'll stop. Shrug once for yes, shrug twice for no."

((Okay, THIS has bad idea written all over it.))

Single shrug

((Yeah, this is a running itinerary of 'bad idea'.))

Good thing he had no more use for conventional money. Or any conventional money.

Try tuning self to sense organisms

Look where you are son. You wanna try and tune yourself to sense rocks while in a cave? You're gonna blind your 6th sense.

slowly circle the area, avoiding anything that seems hazardous. Look for anything else that is different or otherwise out of place. Note if the biohorror has sensory organs in the area. Note if there are exits from here other than the way we came in.
You're kinda hanging by dendrites so circling around means climbing means potential falling.

Though you can't see anything out of place or any other exits. There are places where the nerves seem to head out of the chamber, but they're flush to the flesh, so to speak.

Will Steve mine the jump point the fleet will return from or do we have to expend RUs for that?

Does this system have any facilities on other planets, moons or asteroids? Any sensor arrays?

It will cost RU. Though, it's a pretty good idea.

Nothing really. There are a few sensors on the moon and scattered around on other planets, but mostly just basic monitoring stations so Hephaestus can keep an eye on the solar system.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18653 on: February 05, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

"Holy shit. That actually worked. Now, how to get up there in one piece?"

Plot my route up the neurons to the glowy bit, and start heading up. If I fall, catch myself with my amp.

((Wow. It seems violence isn't always the answer here. Who knew?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18654 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:33 pm »

RU cost for battlesuits for the entire team, excluding people that can't use them or already have them.
((We'll be more killy and less dead.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18655 on: February 05, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »

Dynamic charge shapeshifting again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18656 on: February 05, 2014, 04:24:13 pm »

RU cost for battlesuits for the entire team, excluding people that can't use them or already have them.
((We'll be more killy and less dead.))

((Nope. Piecewise will ramp the dificulty up to compensate. He's stated this before.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18657 on: February 05, 2014, 04:45:00 pm »

((Can I get a cost estimate of the Sod Fodder Squad? Heheh, it rhymes...))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18658 on: February 05, 2014, 08:45:45 pm »

Look where you are son. You wanna try and tune yourself to sense rocks while in a cave? You're gonna blind your 6th sense.
That's good thinking.
Find north
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18659 on: February 05, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »

Dynamic charge shapeshifting again.
((What are you doing Xan.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 1256