Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3802501 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette
« Reply #18780 on: March 18, 2014, 09:24:17 am »

((Or, more amusingly, a human who thinks he's a custom robot made by interstellar police aliens.))
((That's propably something I could use. That being said, I've been thinking of using a more fitting concept instead. The stats would be kept pretty much the same, but instead he'd be a genetically engineered half gorrila man. Would that work or is it too unfiiting? Would he have to be use the Transhuman proffesion? Sorry if I ask too many questions, I just don't want to fuck the concept up again.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:51:19 am by darkpaladin109 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18781 on: March 18, 2014, 10:07:08 am »

((Or, more amusingly, a human who thinks he's a custom robot made by interstellar police aliens.))
((That's propably something I could use. That being said, I've been thinking of using a more fitting concept instead. The stats would be kept pretty much the same, but instead he'd be a genetically engineered half gorrila man. Would that work or is it too unfiiting? Would he have to be use the Transhuman proffesion? Sorry if I ask too many questions, I just don't want to fuck the concept up again.))

((Genetic engineering's highly illegal and rare outside of convict circles, and the professions don't actually have to make any kind of sense.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18782 on: March 18, 2014, 10:30:10 am »

In general I don't care about what your character starts as or their back story is as long as they don't have any sort of advantages or abilities beyond that of a normal person or, at best, a civilian robot (Which still feels pain and isn't terribly robust or capable of surviving much damage, but at least doesn't have to worry about bleeding out).

Anything that doesn't mesh with the canon of the world will just be written off as Stasis dementia, hallucinations or memory alteration caused by prolonged stasis hibernation.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18783 on: March 18, 2014, 10:30:51 am »

((Yeah, a genetically engineered guy would be thrown into the HMRC for the crime of existing.  And I'm pretty sure it'd be fine.  We've had some pretty... strange inmates.  One person started the game with nearly everything aside from her brain and some skin replaced with robotic prostheses, another was a evil card-carrying mastermind-style villain with fairly extensive correspondence between her injuries and backstory.

I've been mildly curious if PW would allow a character who had the whole history of the last few missions of ER tattoo'd on him))

Aaand ninja'd by PW

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18784 on: March 18, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

((I'm just gonna use the new concept then, since I like it more than the previous one.))
Name: Magilla
Appearance: A large and muscular man with thick black hair. He constantly walks around like a gorrila.
Personal information: He was created by a scientist as the first sucesfull Gorrilla-Human hybrid. The scientist was later executed for crimes in creating genetic abominations and Maggilla was assigned to HMRC since he could prove useful.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Being a genetic abomination.
Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skills:
Profession: Mercenary (+1 to Intuition and Conventional weapons, -1 to Medical Tech and Handiwork)
That should be the final version of this.
EDIT: Whoops, forgot to delete the first skill distribuition. Fixed now.
EDIT2: Added the type of weapons I get the bonus for from my proffesion. Didn't notice that you only chose one of them the first time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:57:07 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18785 on: March 19, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »

Sweeet.

Alright, here goes:

Name: Sir Hale Avenlard LXI (the 61st)
Appearance: For some reason, Hale has eyes that somehow work fine despite being completely irises, which are light blue. He has a small Spaniard-esque moustache. He is young, fit, and about 5' 11".
Personal information: He was born and raised with a very high-end education, and had a very high IQ from the start. He has a penchant for swordplay.
Reason: He "accidentally" killed someone. He swears he didn't do it, and is probably not lying.
Spoiler: Stats: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills: (click to show/hide)
Profession: Physimancer

got it. Question is, do you want to start playing right now or wait till the current military clusterfuck is over and then step in. Doing the latter has a much lower chance of death.

I think I'll wait.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18786 on: March 19, 2014, 11:40:37 pm »

((I'm just gonna use the new concept then, since I like it more than the previous one.))
Appearance: A large and muscular man with thick black hair. He constantly walks around like a gorrila.
Personal information: He was created by a scientist as the first sucesfull Gorrilla-Human hybrid. The scientist was later executed for crimes in creating genetic abominations and Maggilla was assigned to HMRC since he could prove useful.
Stats:
Skills:
Profession: Mercenary
Are you gonna speak in horrible puns like the real Magilla? Also, I assume you want to wait till Death is over.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18787 on: March 20, 2014, 06:30:28 am »

Stats:
Skills:
Profession: Mercenary
Are you gonna speak in horrible puns like the real Magilla? Also, I assume you want to wait till Death is over.
Maybe. And yes, I'l wait tofr Mission 12 to end, since I think that I should start with something simpler and marginally less deadly.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18788 on: March 20, 2014, 06:58:52 am »

What could be less deadly than being fired at an orbiting spaceship from a massive cannon in the hopes of overpowering its crew before any nearby ships notice and blow you to space dust with their weapons? That's, like, literally one of the least dangerous things HMRC ever did.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18789 on: March 20, 2014, 07:12:50 am »

What could be less deadly than being fired at an orbiting spaceship from a massive cannon in the hopes of overpowering its crew before any nearby ships notice and blow you to space dust with their weapons? That's, like, literally one of the least dangerous things HMRC ever did.
It's also the fact that there's propably people more suitable for the mission then me.
Also, mind if I sig this?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18790 on: March 20, 2014, 07:28:26 am »

Sure, go ahead. ^_^

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18791 on: March 20, 2014, 09:24:41 am »

The scary thing is... there's actually a distinct possiblity this is true...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18792 on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:51 am »

At least with this one, we pretty much know what we're going to face.  Bullets, lasers, and explosives?  Boooooriiiiing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18793 on: March 20, 2014, 10:04:18 am »

Yeah. We had an unknown alien civilization with deadly PD, an anomalous deadly area with unknown properties, a research base with its crew mysteriously killed by unknown forces, a hot drop into a well-defended area with (again) deadly PD, a mission to take out a renegade covert ops/mind control expert in the middle of a populated area, a mission into the depths of an unknown fissure leading into another dimension, a mission to evacuate a mining base in the process of being destroyed by unknown forces, a trip into a valley populated by evolving murderbots, a mission into the mind of a living ship with obscene destructive capabilities, a mission to a manifestation of the concept of an affront to the laws of physics, and a downright normal peacekeeping/ruler-murdering mission that we still managed to turn into a ridiculously deadly clusterfunk. And the recent events.

I think this getting-shot-from-a-cannon-into-orbit-to-commandeer-armed-battleships thing easily rates as the second or third easiest job the Paragons Of Normalcy In the Employ of Steve ever got sent on. :)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18794 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:04 am »

Paragons Of Normalcy In the Employ of Steve

((I see what you did there.))