Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Set default pasture for all incoming animals  (Read 1215 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Set default pasture for all incoming animals
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »

I think that it would make sense to be able to set a pasture zone as being the default pasture for all incoming animals.

As it is now new animals brought during each migration wave either congregate in meeting areas until either I remember that migrants sometimes bring animals with them or more commonly until they starve to death (where applicable) because meeting areas are almost invariably indoors.

Alternately, you could just have non-pastured animals wander around completely at random. It wouldn't be as optimal but it would at least make more sense than arbitrarily having them congregate in dining halls and statuary gardens.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:54:34 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BeenCarl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • American Society for Velociraptor Attack Protection
Re: Set default pasture for all incoming animals
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 08:34:26 am »

Well it would be nice to actually utilize the animal before it dies.
It's like fighting goblins with lye, and winning.
Velociraptor season is here.
Are you prepared?
http://www.velociraptors.info/

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 08:38:31 am »

What do you mean by this?

Shearing, milking, breeding, war/hunt training and egg production are already possible. Also, if you happen to be able to get a spider, you can farm silk with a bit of work.

As for the original suggestion, I really agree. And this could be expanded to all the animals you buy from merchants.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:08:30 am »

I want this only to apply to goats, and elves
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:56:43 pm »

Shearing, milking, breeding, war/hunt training and egg production are already possible. Also, if you happen to be able to get a spider, you can farm silk with a bit of work.

As for the original suggestion, I really agree. And this could be expanded to all the animals you buy from merchants.

Sometimes one can't or forget to track migrant's animals and find corpses of them deep underground. It's happened to me, and am guessing that's what happened there.

Also yes to this suggestion, or at least tame animals and pets needing to graze auto-assigning to nearest pasture with grass

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »

Sometimes one can't or forget to track migrant's animals and find corpses of them deep underground. It's happened to me, and am guessing that's what happened there.

Also yes to this suggestion, or at least tame animals and pets needing to graze auto-assigning to nearest pasture with grass

Yes. This is indeed what's been happening to me.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις