Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: epic final stands?  (Read 6422 times)

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
epic final stands?
« on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

that's what i call it anyway when you can't walk, don't have a cruch, and are still fighting (i dont realy like that game though, but the concept and name is epic) so on adventure mode my ax dwarf was on a killing spree in a massive dungeon with no companions left and a swordman got a lucky shot and i fell (then knocked him down and killed him afterwards) and then i thought i should go back so  as i was just about there i took a wrong turn through a door see a lasher...*crawls back through door* then i see he's got a buddy but then i throw one of em to the ground with my left lower arm, choke him once to make him pass out, finish him off with a chop to the face and do the same with the other guy (blocking blows all the wile) then i found the right way to the outside with no more resistance and the leg healed just fine (or close enough) so...anyone have any storys like that?
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

Needicla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: epic final stands?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

Yes, I have, I asked a man for the capital, he said "Oxbox Tox is a short walk to the south"
So I walked to the south, for 10 minutes, I have found nothing.
On an upward slope, I found a yak attacking me, I had no way to go, if I go backwards, I will fall off the slope.
If I go upwards, there's a yak blocking, so I had to stay and get gored.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 05:13:15 pm »

Cutebold surrounded by 17 trolls.

Nuff' said.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 05:41:01 pm »

Heh...
Latest adventure with Legendary Human Female warrior, Lev 35 Stealth got surrounded in a tomb by around 30 skeletons and 1 Iron Clad Maceman mummy.
My Bronze Sword was not really doing a lot of damage to him and when I got spotted it all went to hell. Was able to cut off most of his limbs, then a skeleton got a lucky strike. BAM dead.
700+ Kills totals.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:35:01 pm »

an epic final stand. get thrown across the room by the vampire lord I was sent to kill. upon striking the far wall, my adventurers weapon arm breaks and he loses hold of his axe and shield. in that same obstacle collision, I suffer a broken liver, kidney, and lung. the vampire finishes off the last of my hired swords and charges across the room to finish me off. taking up my axe in my good hand I rise to my feet and also charge. the vampires copper boning knife gets lodged in my chest. I make one last swing, because I know Ill be dead in a moment. the axe strikes the vampire in the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc. the vampire is dead, and I die of suffocation on my way back down the keeps stairs. the only joy I take from my adventurers death is the image of him falling down the stairs like a slinky after he chokes to death on nothing.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:42:28 pm »

I had one adventurer who fought off an army of goblin raiders with both arms and legs incapacitated. Started just being paralyzed below the waist from an arrow to the spine, hacked off most of their legs while my companions were being slaughtered, and then got my ass whooped by their overlord (who was also legless) and lost the use of both arms. Then proceeded to kill them by biting and spitting arrows at them (and then spitting rocks at the overlord until he fell off a bridge and drowned).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:45:08 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:42:53 pm »

Once got my legs shot out from under me after my comrades had fallen (6 of us had killed nearly 30 guys and incaped 5 more) So, out of spite I keep fighting, expecting fully to get shot in the face, but my helmet suprsingly holds against the arrows hitting it. I bisected one axeman, decaptitaed another (how the fuck I was able to do that from knee level I have no idea) And, when a crossbow bolt get's logged in my arm, I yanked it out. And then started stabbing incapped enmies in the head with it. racked up another 6 kills before bolt hits me in the head and renders me a complete cripple.

Now imagine someone doing the worm in a bid to escape thier enemies before being shot four more times and dying of bloodloss. All in all, I think my little group killed 3/5s of a sizable bandit force. One hell of a fight.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »

6 z-level cliff over a major river. Surrounded by bandits. One guess what I did.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Alamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 01:55:51 am »

6 z-level cliff over a major river. Surrounded by bandits. One guess what I did.
Explode, perchance?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 02:47:36 am »

Jump into the air, and then slam on the bottom of the river, break a few things and drown because DF isn't a Hollywood action movie ?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 05:00:31 am »

Jump into the air, and then slam on the bottom of the river, break a few things and drown because DF isn't a Hollywood action movie ?
Mh, its quite survivable, i fell off a waterfall and healed just fine.
(after fighting off 3 alligators)
Then i got maceman'd to death.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 08:07:11 am »

Mh, its quite survivable, i fell off a waterfall and healed just fine.
(after fighting off 3 alligators)
Then i got maceman'd to death.

Hah. No, I stepped behind a tree for a moment, snuck, and killed them one by one like a gore-soaked Batman.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:11 am »

I'll let the pic do the talking.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Had fun.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:03 am »

How the hell did you get on the other side of them in the first place!
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 09:42:04 am »

I was on the right... Wrong side?
Pages: [1] 2