Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: epic final stands?  (Read 6427 times)

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: epic final stands?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:44:23 am »

Well to get into their dungeon-thingy you'd need to enter through the other side... so how'd you get to your position without going through all those creeps!
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 09:58:49 am »

I was standing on the ramp that got me in there, after all of my companions were killed by cutebolds.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:33 am »

Oh I see... That would be the perfect time to chuck some dragon blood at them though.. Firebreath Shotgun anyone?
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »

anyone have some boogy man related ones? cause i just riped one's arm off with my teeth as my first kill on my new adventurer (of corse not an instant kill though) but i dont feel like discribing it right now
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:40 am »

I was under attack by hundreds of defenseless villagers merciless bandits after murdering their king in his sleep defeating their leader in fair combat and one scored a lucky shot to my foot. Unable to run or charge I started punching, and stabbing, and biting waiting to be overrun. I killed eighty four before they started to retreat and I tried to make my escape, one of them got behind me and stabbed me in the head with his carving knife which I wrestled away from him and used to cut off his hand at the wrist. I grabbed him with my leg and threw him down, he punched me in the chest and bruised my last functioning lung. I cut his head off with his knife. As I lay dying I looked at my inventory, it turns out the knife that when I wrestled the knife away I failed to pull it out of my skull. I decapitated him with a knife that was still jammed into my face.

Shanxi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 09:27:05 am »

I was under attack by hundreds of defenseless villagers merciless bandits after murdering their king in his sleep defeating their leader in fair combat and one scored a lucky shot to my foot. Unable to run or charge I started punching, and stabbing, and biting waiting to be overrun. I killed eighty four before they started to retreat and I tried to make my escape, one of them got behind me and stabbed me in the head with his carving knife which I wrestled away from him and used to cut off his hand at the wrist. I grabbed him with my leg and threw him down, he punched me in the chest and bruised my last functioning lung. I cut his head off with his knife. As I lay dying I looked at my inventory, it turns out the knife that when I wrestled the knife away I failed to pull it out of my skull. I decapitated him with a knife that was still jammed into my face.
Try getting pushed off a cliff by a peacock and then getting mauled by elven merchants...
I cried..everything but elves!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:14 am »

I've had two...occasions, both involving ranged enemies.

One time, and I actually died here, I was assaulting a bandit camp, DF2010.  This was before the uber-archers, but even then, there were a few hawkeyes.  So, after killing the swordsmen, axemen, etc, I see this archer or crossbowman blending in with the green surroundings.

I approach, and immediately get a projectile lodged in my throat, opening a major artery.  I furiously gut and cut him, and he dies.  I try to see if the bleeding stops.  It didn't.

Another time, I was the villain, slaughtering a DF2010 village, and there's this crossbowman ( well technically a hunter ) inside one house, which I had almost cleared.  One shot, took out the tendons of one foot, can't walk.  In my rage, I disarm him, cripple his leg, drop my sword, pick up his crossbow, and beat him to death with it. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BastiBasti

• Bay Watcher
  • ‼SCIENCE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 01:48:42 pm »

This may be the pinnical of dwarfyness.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 12:47:23 am »

Knife User Peasant with Iron Dagger against Swordsman, missing my right lower arm and both legs, heavily bleeding, when suddenly... this happens

The spinning large coarse iron dagger strikes the Swordsman in the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Swordsman has been shot and killed.

He was a dabbling thrower.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:50:32 am by Urist McBeanie »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 12:53:51 am »

Remember: epic final stand =/= awesome moment.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 [2]