Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Champion vs goblin army.  (Read 3966 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: Champion vs goblin army.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »

I just tested a single grand master everything, fully-steel-armored dwarf against 50 GDCS in the arena. The dwarf was able to kill 34/50, leaving 16 survivors. The dwarf suffered from exhaustion due to the constant dodging.

I repeated the experiment, this time selecting a vampire dwarf (immune to exhaustion). It won with no injuries.

Not a one of the mighty Giant Desert Crossbow Scorpions managed to get a single sting in? At no point did his weapon become lodged in one giving it the chance to disarm him?

Damn. Clearly the scorpions need more archery practice so they can take him out at a distance.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 09:39:08 pm »

Pshaw, I did this all the time back in .31. My champin, candyclad, would eat entire sieges for breakfast. I cagetrap spammed just to catch the sieges. I even had an observation window by the arena.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 09:40:42 pm »

Champions.. up there with fluffy wamblers and deadly dust.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:25 pm »

I got lucky. One of my first moods was an armorsmith who made a steel breastplate. I had to assign it specific, they won't touch it If I just put steel breastplate on their equip screen.

Phynhas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »

I smirkled when you lingered over a minotaur.  I'd say let him play with the champion, but I wouldn't want one of my pets getting hurt either, since the mino would probably end up as hamburger... unless you savescum?  Do it!  LEAN FINELY-TEXTURED BEEF!

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 11:36:09 pm »

I see them pretty common. My markdwarves usually take them out before they reach the cage traps. Hell the markdwarfs will take out entire sieges before they reach the cage traps. I had deactivate the markdwarf squad to catch everything I have. I think thats when that minotaur slipped through. I normally use that arena cage to train markdwarfs. I have them do a patrol route around the cage, then loop back to the ammo pile for one of the waypoints. I added the outer wall so fighting stops scaring the haulers. I do that trick where you can disarm weapons but not armor. Keeps the rookie markdwarfs safe from goblin archers. They get more target practice when they still have armor on.

designate mass forbid and mass dump on the animal cage stockpile. Then go to the stocks screen and unforbid everything with a D next to it. That will force them to grab all of the weapons and leave the armor. Once thats done, do a designate mass Undump and reclaim on the cage stockpile again.

I think on my next fort. I am going to make the same thing, but really deep underground, on top of a large 10x10 retracting bridge over the magma sea to dispose of everything super easy without requiring so many hauling jobs.  I can just unforbid iron only weapons to claim and flush everything else down with a toilet lever.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 02:29:48 am »

Nice Master Chief you got there.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 2 [3]