Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov - Yet Another Slavic Apocalypse Simulator  (Read 10652 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov - Yet Another Slavic Apocalypse Simulator
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2021, 11:32:47 pm »

At some point I'll get around to actually playing with a group.

Been doing pretty good on my own, though.

Just finished up two Kill Scav quests on woods. The one for Prapor to kill 15 (which I've been chipping away at) and the one from Jaeger to kill 5 without wearing body armor.

To do the unarmored one I ended up lucking out and finding the perfect spot to snipe scavs from right near my spawn. Just across the water from the Scav bunker (west of it) there is a sheltered spot in some rocks with a nice bush for cover. I was able to lie there and just snipe them for a bit. You can't see a whole lot of the bunker area, but enough. Took out 3 sniping, 1 as I was going in to loot, 1 that spawned IN the bunker (with a shotgun I took from one that I took out earlier) and then another I randomly ran across as I was heading south to evac. It was a good, good run.

Right before that I had a run that was a failure, objectively, but a personal victory. I'd spawned in the south and looted that random base near the RUAF roadblock. Killed a scav (with my pistol, since I had a sniper rifle to try and snipe them with). Did a quick loot run in case the noise attracted any attention and bugged out. Only extract I had available was Outskirts, so i needed to somehow get past sawmill without dying. So I took it slow, creeping around a bit in case anyone else was using the road.
  Managed to spot another player creeping about who hadn't spotted me. Since my main weapon was a sniper rifle, and I was in a good spot, I took a shot at him. Missed, and he took cover, but I was ready and got a good shot the second time, taking him down.
  Waited a bit to see if that drew any attention, and when nothing happened I moved up to find the body. Ditched my sniper rifle in a bush so it'd come back with insurance and grabbed the guns off the guy I killed. He had nice guns. While looting it I got jumped by another player. We exchanged fire a little bit and while I took a bit of damage I managed to do enough to him that he bugged off. I healed up a bit, and then got jumped again. Literally. Crazy bastard leaped over me and tried to knife me. Fortunately I was able to get off a head shot on him and survived. Badly, badly injured, but alive. And with a pack full of decent healing items to boot. Healed up best I could and tried to limp my way to the evac. Didn't even take the time to try and loot the second guy, since I figured it'd just get me killed and i was basically full on stuff regardless. Am a bit sad I didn't think to grab his dog tag, though.
  Got shot myself before I even made it past the sawmill. Which was expected, I was too hurt to go at any speed and a lot of noise had been made.
I would have just hid in a bush for a while to let things die down, but I'd taken a stomach wound and was draining food and water too fast. I'd looted some, but it wasn't going to be enough. Pity. Still, took out two PMCs and damaged a third in a heck of a fight. I officially do not suck any more.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]