Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The NIS/NISA thread: CLADUN on PC!?!  (Read 14076 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NIS/NISA thread: Disgaea is like Wizardry
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:25 am »

Actually ndkid you would be surprised to hear this... but I actually really like Disgaea. I don't know why I have to keep saying it but whatever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:27:30 am by Neonivek »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: The NIS/NISA thread: Disgaea eats semantics for breakfast
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 03:03:24 pm »

The crazy game breaking being the point is in fact why I liked Phantom Brave better.

I still recall my level 50 archer and her lv4300 yellow mine cart of doom.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 04:55:36 pm »

The crazy game breaking being the point is in fact why I liked Phantom Brave better.

I still recall my level 50 archer and her lv4300 yellow mine cart of doom.

Crazy Game Breaking is one of the large selling points of Disgaea and Phantom Brave. (and Makai Kingdom too... if it was... you know... really good... I still liked it)

Kinda makes me wonder if Nippon Ichi is even capable of making a game where the party tactics is important, in the classical sense, instead of just breaking the game. La Pucile would be close, and I never played its Symphony game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 07:43:51 pm »

I felt sorry for Marona in Phantom Brave that games really depressing. I need to go back and beat it.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

I felt sorry for Marona in Phantom Brave that games really depressing. I need to go back and beat it.

The story of Phantom Brave is actually continued in Soul Nomad AND you get as small tidbit of what happened after in Makai Kingdom.

They are still hinting at a sequel.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 08:19:49 pm »

The story of Phantom Brave is actually continued in Soul Nomad AND you get as small tidbit of what happened after in Makai Kingdom.

I Soul Nomad any good? I need to get a PS2 or they need to make a remake of it
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 08:47:13 pm »

Last I heard there was some consideration of bringing Soul Nomad to PSP as a port.

Nippon Ichi President Interview Continues With Soul Nomad, Vita, And Future Plans

Quote from: Siliconera
You’re bringing Makai Kingdom to PSP, but what about Soul Nomad? Do you think we will see it appear on PSP or maybe with enhanced Disgaea 4 style graphics?

Do you think it will sell?

On PSP in North America? With the current retail state, it would be very difficult. On PlayStation 3? Maybe and enhanced graphics would help.

We’re wondering about that right now because changing Soul Nomad to PSP format takes time to do and the PSP market is waning in North America, so it’s a challenge. In Japan, Disgaea 3 has the most requests for a portable version. Number two is Makai Kingdom, which is coming to PSP. And number three is Soul Nomad. In the line, it’s third place, so there is a chance, but we need to figure out how to do it.

With the PSVita showing up I really don’t see a PSP port happening.  If there was enough demand for Soul Nomad as a portable getting a PSVita game may be possible since Disgaea 3 is getting the PSVita treatment.  For right now you’d have to get the PS2 version and a PS2 as well as it sounds like you don’t have one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

I Soul Nomad any good? I need to get a PS2 or they need to make a remake of it

The best description I can make for it is... It is a Great game that tries its hardest to be as horrible as possible.

It has two stories and one is BAAAAD and the other is actually quite good.

As well the newgame+ is overly limiting (Only characters you get outside the story are kept from game to game...) which makes starting over again a pain.

It really REALLY depends on how tollerant you are to its short commings. I can easily see someone hate this more then Makai Kingdom.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2012, 11:39:31 pm »

Nippon Ichi translates to Japan One. No idea why I felt like posting that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2012, 02:57:29 pm »

Aww but I liked SNatWE, at least the little I have played of it.

I am thinking of making a LP with B12ers as units of one of the games. That is, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom or Soul Nomad, as I have already completed the first two Disgaea games and don't own any others (other than Prinny: I wanna be the Dood, but that doesn't count in this context).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »

Do Phantom Brave. I think that one would be the most interesting.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2012, 03:37:41 pm »

Depends on what kind of letsplay you are doing.

Phantom Brave has a much more stable game ignoring the insane item use.

Makai Kingdom just is a train wreck, but also has a bit more for the players to input (afterall you have Merchants, Engineers, professors you can name after the players who are in the town)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »

It's also the only one where the main character, iirc, doesn't get to blow up the entire world.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's also the game which I am the least experienced with because I haven't played it since finding out that it doesn't have a RNG.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:45:29 pm by Darvi »

Chaosgabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »

I´m not sure if the question has been sufficiently answered, so i´ll give my opinion on it even if the thread has moved on long before:
D3 was my first NIS game and i did enjoy it quite a bit. I´ve sunken ~40h in it with is quite a lot for me nowadays. Ofc that was not enough to finish it, but after that i kinda lost the interest in the grind. The chars were really funny and the story messy as hell, but i think that is to be excepted from a Disgea game. ^^
I am contemplating if i should get me a psp 3000, as ZHP sound very interesting, but then i have more spare cash than spare time and wouldn´t be able to use it that much.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.

010100000101001001000101010100000100000101010010010001010010000001010100010011110010
000001000100010010010100010100101100001000000100111000110000001100000100001000101110

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AirXgJdhuyq6dHNvWVVsZWF6S2xuZzdkSi1xSUdPeVE&hl=de#gid=0

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

Get a PSP 1000 or 2000 if you want a PSP, they're much easier to have Custom Firmware on to get the PSP to do more things than the 3000, and you might as well have more use for it than just to play ZHP.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6