Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The NIS/NISA thread: CLADUN on PC!?!  (Read 14075 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NIS/NISA thread: Disgaea eats semantics for breakfast
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2012, 05:34:34 pm »

By the way, thanks to everyone who answered about Disgaea 3: PSP version. I'll definitely be picking it up, if only to run through all four story modes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 05:21:04 pm »

Which Subpeonas are worth going through the dungeons for? I've got at least eight of all of them.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2012, 11:17:23 am »

If anyone is still on the fence about getting Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention there’s a semi-review of the game on Siliconera.  The article seems to mostly contain an overview of the added content and mechanics of the game and some minor story spoilers may be thrown in there as well.

The Semi-Review.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:55 am »

figured this thread isn't realy old enough to consider making a new thread specifically for cladun x2 appearing on steam, what this could mean if it was to sell decently they might port other games onto steam....shame the game is a closed system so you cant mod it(player made levels would be one of the best things)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2012, 09:54:15 am »

I'm pretty sure I heard some people in the happy thread mention that you could mod the sprites.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2012, 10:01:15 am »

I can't believe the topic creator forgot one of the coolest aspects of ZHP

Everytime you die you just get more powerful.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2012, 10:02:51 am »

interesting...as in the creature sprites? altering your character and item sprites is a feature of the game and you can export images as a bmp(pulls up the window's generic save file to location), so it looks like they did some work on putting it on the pc
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:53 am »

figured this thread isn't realy old enough to consider making a new thread specifically for cladun x2 appearing on steam, what this could mean if it was to sell decently they might port other games onto steam....shame the game is a closed system so you cant mod it(player made levels would be one of the best things)
reads .... WAIT
cladun x2 appearing on steam ???!?!?!
why .... how did i miss this?
when? How?  WAT?
Ok, time to support the living crud out of it by gifting it to most of my friends. If it is out yet.
Can not check because still at work.
Status?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2012, 10:23:21 am »

it is, and both freeform and Janet have been talknig about it in the happy thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2012, 11:43:34 am »

Cladun is still more appropriate for a handheld.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2012, 11:44:39 am »

Yeah, the controls are something you have to get used to on a keyboard. Or on a controller :V

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2012, 12:39:38 pm »

It's more about the portability and shortness of the levels that makes it appropriate on a handheld.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2012, 01:57:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure I heard some people in the happy thread mention that you could mod the sprites.

The game has built in modification of player sprites and you can edit weapons and armor too. Plus custom music by a simplified MML much like the kind used in Mabinogi. (Though unlike mabi you can layer 5 tracks)

Plus while the controls take some getting used to, there's limited mouse support in the menus and import/export features. Theres's been some obvious love in this port but it's still clearly a testbed. A very FUN well made testbed but it's one none the less.

It's more about the portability and shortness of the levels that makes it appropriate on a handheld.

This is only true if you aren't stupidly competitive about score/times like I am. I've plunked in entire 3-5 hour sessions limited to beating a friends times on levels I've already beaten. If I had this on a PSP I'd likely have to charge it 3-4 times IN A DAY
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2012, 02:07:11 pm »

A PSP battery that lasts 1 hour? A new battery is in order.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2012, 02:09:16 pm »

I said the play sessions devoted to speed running were about 3-4 hours. I lost track of time and nearly played 10 hours straight the first time. My old PSP usually lasted 3 hours per charge.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6