Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The NIS/NISA thread: CLADUN on PC!?!  (Read 13991 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: The NIS/NISA thread: Disgaea eats semantics for breakfast
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2012, 03:42:39 pm »

This thread resurfaces JUST when I get my copy of D3(I now own the entire Disgaea Series, or at least the main games). Am, I being monitored?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2012, 04:02:35 pm »

Oh, hi! Hi old thread. Yes, I was considering bringing this up again. Mainly due to an important note: since we now have Cladun X2 on Steam, this could mean MORE NIS/NISA games on Steam! HOLY SNAP. I realize that Cladun isn't developed directly by NIS, so I don't know if there are any legal barriers to getting, say, a Disgaea game on Steam. But if there weren't, and Steam let me play Disgaea 3 or 4, I would spend all of my monies on it ASAP.

Interesting notes about the Cladun X2 Steam port:

-You CANNOT import anything from the PSP games (which means no downloading the cool stuff from the X2 wiki).
-You can, however, edit the characters much easily now! There's direct bitmap important and export for every frame of every animation. Get your sprite editing program and go nuts!
-I think the core gameplay is otherwise relatively unchanged, though. I recommend everyone in here try the demo. It's small file size, and it's a very niche game, but if you enjoy the hack-and-slashing and character management stuff, I can tell you that after the first three dungeon sets you unlock Roguelike Mode (not actually called that, but it's two varieties of random dungeons [which are very much varied each time you play] with fun gimmicks and awesome loot). That, at least, would appeal to some on here.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:10 pm »

Oh, hi! Hi old thread. Yes, I was considering bringing this up again. Mainly due to an important note: since we now have Cladun X2 on Steam, this could mean MORE NIS/NISA games on Steam! HOLY SNAP. I realize that Cladun isn't developed directly by NIS, so I don't know if there are any legal barriers to getting, say, a Disgaea game on Steam. But if there weren't, and Steam let me play Disgaea 3 or 4, I would spend all of my monies on it ASAP.

-You CANNOT import anything from the PSP games (which means no downloading the cool stuff from the X2 wiki).
-You can, however, edit the characters much easily now! There's direct bitmap important and export for every frame of every animation. Get your sprite editing program and go nuts!
-I think the core gameplay is otherwise relatively unchanged, though. I recommend everyone in here try the demo. It's small file size, and it's a very niche game, but if you enjoy the hack-and-slashing and character management stuff, I can tell you that after the first three dungeon sets you unlock Roguelike Mode (not actually called that, but it's two varieties of random dungeons [which are very much varied each time you play] with fun gimmicks and awesome loot). That, at least, would appeal to some on here.

Does this one have multiplayer? The first ones ran really bad.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »

I recommend everyone in here try the demo. It's small file size, and it's a very niche game, but if you enjoy the hack-and-slashing and character management stuff, I can tell you that after the first three dungeon sets you unlock Roguelike Mode (not actually called that, but it's two varieties of random dungeons [which are very much varied each time you play] with fun gimmicks and awesome loot). That, at least, would appeal to some on here.

Yes yes yes. 100 times this. I've been playing it a lot and besides some minor fixable issues it's been totally worth it. Dungeon diving is always fun, especially at this quality. And being able to do it as whoever you want is even better.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2012, 04:49:08 pm »

Does this one have multiplayer? The first ones ran really bad.

My reply to this seems to have not gone through. No, neither version of this has multiplayer. There are some minor framerate problems if you have a terrible computer (runs fine on dual core 3.0 and mobility radeon 4250). I hear you can fix this via turning off VSync.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: The NIS/NISA thread: CLADUN on PC!?!
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2012, 07:17:46 pm »

I'm noticing there's very, very, very little information on Cladun x2 available online.

Would you guys be adverse to a topic being made for it for information collecting purposes? I do think it's a hell of a good game. So what community it DOES have deserves more content.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

Yes, go ahead. It's a rather expansive game that's now accessible to most everyone, so I think it's worth covering its content.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2012, 07:59:10 pm »

Alright. Ill get on typing the first post out. And see what information that DOES exist that I can link.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2021, 02:19:26 pm »

NINE YEAR NECRO-BUMP!!!

NISA has had a fairly disappointing showing in recent years. For a while each new title took longer than the last, and had less original content and more regurgitation of the same ideas we've already poured thousands of hours into in previous games. There was a time when I checked their website regularly to see what was being worked on. Then I was checking infrequently, and eventually not at all.

But now, it seems there's something new to talk about. Disgaea 6 is coming to Switch 6/29/2021! I'm eager to once again grind my way through the underworlds with damage numbers that stretch across the entire screen!

And something to keep busy with while we wait, Disgaea RPG just released on mobile! Download now and you can still get the launch bonuses!
Disgaea RPG has the usual eastern mobile game trappings; limited playtime stamina, and gacha with abysmal chances of getting the units you want. Also they've made the curious decision to change from the tactical layout of previous games, to a standard active-turn based RPG system. Odd considering how well suited touchscreens are to a tactical board.
Disgaea RPG has also retained much of what made the console titles popular, including unique passive abilities on each unit which heavily influence your team-building choices, an item-world for massive grinding, and the music/visual style which Disgaea titles are known for.
Lots of complaints in the reviews about paid-only-gachas and server issues. I'll need more time before I can form a proper opinion, but from my first day I'm optimistic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]