Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Angry Laser Space - v1.1 is a go! (a game by Shook and Chartle)  (Read 55645 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Angry Laser Space - a WIP game by yers truly
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2012, 08:59:07 am »

Is the new version uploaded? :D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2012, 09:37:19 am »

This keeps becoming more and more awesome.

And shook, you could just write badges to a small .txt file, and have a button to delete it.

That is, if you dont mind the problem of people being able to cheat quite easily.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2012, 10:11:54 am »

If i can succesfully make Game Maker write and read a .txt file, then that's a definite option. People cheating with achievements isn't really a problem, it's kind of like cheating with assignments in school. You may have completed it, but you're still terrible. :U
Definitely going to look into it though, achievements make a lot of people go that extra mile to be cool. And quite frankly, some of the things i have in mind WOULD label you as pretty cool. (i.e. beat HARDCORE EPIC MAN MODE >:C, a feat which would go beyond manly and into the ridiculous)

@Korbac: Not yet, but as mentioned, i'm hoping to have it out during this week (likely near the end of it), but no guarantees are made. Making levels is probably the most tedious part of it all, and i don't quite know how busy Chartle is at the moment.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2012, 06:56:45 pm »

Are you ever going to introduce us to this 'Chartle' character?
He sounds somewhat interesting.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 04:50:35 pm »

Chartle? I think i mentioned it before, but he's a friend from the Netherlands who also does some programming on this, though he doesn't frequent the Bay12 forums at the moment. In particular, he's responsible for the second boss, and in the coming update, level 13-14. He also worked on the saving system until we decided to scrap it because of difficulties (he told me it was ok though), and made it possible to sell upgrades in the shop. I know it sounds like an uneven distribution of work, but i don't mind doing the most myself. Hopefully he doesn't mind either. :U

Also, we've begun level design now! Not gonna enforce a deadline though, i suddenly acquired a significant amoung of university-related work to do, so it might stretch a little past sunday.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2012, 12:07:23 am »

I feel like trying to voice act Hamstone. I'd kinda need a list of lines first though, as well as your preferred sound format.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:38 pm »

Hot damn, you want to try voicing Hamstone? This i gotta hear! Just so happens that i also recently had an idea on HOW to implement it: Have a HAMSTONE COMMENTARY option in the... Options. I'm just not quite sure whether it should be on or off per default, because KING HAMSTONE.
Anyways, possible list of phrases:

"YEAH"
"AW YEAH BITCHES"
"KING HAMSTONE APPROVES"
"TERRIBLE"
"HAM SENSE IS TINGLING"
"HAM TIME"
"CELEBRATORY HAM JAM"
"KING HAMSTONE SAYS ROCK AND ROLL"

for starters (also .wav or .ogg would be preferrable)

Also, apologies, but the level designing is taking more time than anticipated (plus i also saw Skyfall yesterday), but i'm still holding on at least this November, possibly THIS week. There are still a few things to fix (including a few previous levels), but other than that, the biggest update so far is almost ready. c:

oh yeah MANDATORY TEASER IMAGE THAT SAYS VERY LITTLE

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

It seems to me that Hamstone would talk like a steroid jacked college jock.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2012, 02:12:19 pm »

Well. Turns out my voice sounds a lot more different when I play it back. This was expected, but not THAT different. I'll keep trying though and see if I can get a good balance of sounds.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2012, 02:26:54 pm »

Well. Turns out my voice sounds a lot more different when I play it back. This was expected, but not THAT different. I'll keep trying though and see if I can get a good balance of sounds.
I feel you bro. You can't predict how your own voice will sound if you're not saying it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:21 pm »

Haha, i know that feel bro. For the record, listening to ones own voice for 30 minutes is a weird thing, especially because you get to hear all the weird little things you habitually spew out. The things i say generally sound good in my head, but then the speakers get all "naw dude it's all delivered in the same flat intonation as always" and then i feel ridiculous. But hey, i'm not a native speaker of English, so i think i'm allowed a bit of slack in that department. But of course, while my verbal English is clumsy, my verbal Danish is fast and cluttered, so pick your poison.

Anyways, chiming in to say that i've been a bad dude lately, since i've not really done anything. I suppose i just needed a bit of a break (THE MOJO SUDDENLY WENT AWAY). The fact that more awesome games just popped up doesn't help either. However, i remain adamant that it'll be here in November, so within two weeks!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »

I feel you bro. You can't predict how your own voice will sound if you're not saying it.

Me three. I think I have a high - pitched, girly voice with no accent, but when I listen to it I have a very gender - ambigious voice with a ridiculously strong welsh accent. :P

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2012, 09:38:10 am »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »

Hot damn, that could pass for Hamstone when he's speaking very quietly! Thing is though, he shouts a lot in my head. Like, a LOT. Imagine krogans from Mass Effect 3 or Heavy from TF2, except more shout and more manly. And deep. KING HAMSTONE DOES NOT DO INDOOR VOICES. That is also why he never does lower-case speech.

Also, slight news: I'm half way through level 12, while word has it that Chartle's done with 13 and soon to begin work on 14. Then i'll do something about the completely ridiculous formations in level 8 and 9, then somehow make it obvious how certain skills work (read: DASHING), THEN it's release time.

aw yeah heavy wedges

Also, i reduced the number of fragments spawned by splinter weapons from the tougher enemies. Previously, the number of splinters was equal to "2 + 2*hitPoints" (note that the game displays your damage values 10 times higher than they actually are), whereas it's "3 + hitPoints" now. This means that while ordinary wedges now spawn 5 fragments down from 6, the new heavy wedges will spawn 11 instead of 18. Still a fair few, but not nearly as ridiculous as before.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »

Hamstone sounds more like the soldier in my head. But hey, he's your hybrid of meat and rock.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26