Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future  (Read 76295 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »

Combat is not quite as refined as it was in hellmoo. You can get along quite well with a good suit of armor and the best gun you can make. That's not to say a dedicated combat character won't kill everything, but a crafter can do they same to everything but a dedicated combat character.

Oh. I was gonna make this idea in game but then passed out. I see we can now craft from ground items. Can we also pull automatically from storage items? It would be helpful for those of us who have several hundred units of resources but just need inert metal right now.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2014, 02:35:58 pm »

There's a reason I have several auto mines dedicated to only inert metal.  I'm considering setting up a refinery just for it as well, and almost certainly will if I can automate the process with some bots.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2014, 08:34:24 pm »

I have decided to settle in an odd area, which is most of my problem. I'll solve it when I get home though.

Edit: Been down for a while now I think. Hard to tell when it started, as my internet here gets iffy after midnight.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:27:53 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2014, 10:51:34 am »

Hosting company moved us - just got out of the morning meeting and got it back online.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2014, 08:43:01 pm »

A new Hellcore tutorial for anybody messing with it: http://wayfar1444.blogspot.com/2014/05/hellcore-tutorial-creating-api.html

We got 3 (!) new programmer volunteers who have made some very nice fixes & additions, including 60 new item descriptions.  Between myself and Aphteroid, with significant contributions from the other volunteers, Wayfar now sports an impressive 4000+ items including biomes, weapons & armor, critters and robots, etc.

NemoVonFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Can ya dig it?
    • View Profile
    • Wayfar 1444 Wiki
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2014, 05:50:29 am »

Have to say, loving the game so far. Noticed the documentation is a little lacking, so i'm doing my part, and i've started a wiki at wayfar1444.wikia.com And it's in sore need of content creators, and, well, anyone with more of an idea how to run a wiki. I'll work on it when I can, and if anyone else would like to do the same, i'm sure the community would greatly appreciate it!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:16:18 am by NemoVonFish »

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:52 pm »

Have to say, loving the game so far. Noticed the documentation is a little lacking, so i'm doing my part, and i've started a wiki at wayfar1444.wikia.com And it's in sore need of content creators, and, well, anyone with more of an idea how to run a wiki. I'll work on it when I can, and if anyone else would like to do the same, i'm sure the community would greatly appreciate it!

Tons of people have attempted a wiki and I whole heartedly support their efforts - if it's helpful for more game information to be published from the website, this is possible as well. 

New solar grid maps on DSO-12, economic contracts are now listed, a history of events (extremely rough feature!) is published to one of the links here: http://bit.ly/1nDXata

Event history:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alien desert concept art:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Updates since May include orbital bombardment from dreadnought class ships with the use of beacons, a couple hundred (!) new descriptions, new items, jobs, fixes, and othersuch.  Several helpful volunteers including a new wizard.  As sort of a three year celebration, we've setup a test server.  This will end up inflicting significantly less pain on existing players, since we'll, probably, sometimes, test our changes before applying them to the current galaxy  8)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:24:32 pm by genmac »

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2014, 10:04:02 am »

I agree that this game could use more documentation. I can't understand what a colony is, for example.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »

This game really got a lot more content since I last played it 2 years ago.
I must say, I had fun at it back then, and it's fun now.

Such a.. deep .. crafting system.
It really deserves some more players.

But yeah, it really, really needs documentation. Be it a wiki, or a forum, anything.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2014, 07:55:59 pm »

Devblog Updates for 7/15/14  :)

Oh. I was gonna make this idea in game but then passed out. I see we can now craft from ground items. Can we also pull automatically from storage items? It would be helpful for those of us who have several hundred units of resources but just need inert metal right now.

This, and robot transportation between buildings, is coming soon.

I agree that this game could use more documentation. I can't understand what a colony is, for example.

Right now colony just sort of means: your sector center, colony beacon (if you have one), and any other buildings on the same planets.  Only a few buildings currently check for other buildings within certain distances of each other but we're working on some various additions in this area.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:17:25 pm by genmac »

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:03 am »

Can we blow up buildings yet?

There's an abandoned colony centre just south of my not so abandoned settlement, or is there way to nuke all my buildings and start a new colony somewhere else

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2014, 10:17:35 am »

Can we blow up buildings yet?

There's an abandoned colony centre just south of my not so abandoned settlement, or is there way to nuke all my buildings and start a new colony somewhere else

You can destroy buildings with a tank, or demo charges, or just enough firepower of any kind, although I recommend a tank or rocket launcher.  You can also hack abandoned (player hasn't logged in for 6 months) buildings and vehicles to claim them for your own.  If you want to get rid of your own buildings I believe DISMANTLE will tear them down and give you some of the parts back.

Daggoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2014, 12:46:37 pm »

Been kicking around with this one for a week or so, and it's pretty interesting. The documentation is completely lacking, but a little trial and error didnt throw me off. The crafting is extremely fun, and the combat is in the right direction... But, there is nobody around, we need to get a planet of B12'ers!
“I think I've reduced the amount of blood in my caffeine system to an acceptable level.” - Khouri

The Elder Scrolls Online: Klavain - Altmer
Eve Online: Neville Klavain -  Gallente - Miners!

I don't RP female characters unless forced per game, so if you run into a Daggoth or Klavain it is probably me.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2014, 12:52:31 pm »

I keep wanting to jump back in...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20