Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future  (Read 76257 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »

I keep wanting to jump back in...
Same. But then I remember I need to remake my macros and blah.

Also, a petition for Scrap Yards and other Civilian only buildings to be produceable via the advanced structure tool.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Arrich

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2014, 08:08:38 pm »

Just started playing Wayfar and there seems to be a problem with the Botanist job list. The second job is titled " Leaf eaters for dinner "
But, I don't have the hunt skill and can't figure out how to get that skill. I also have explored many rooms but have never seen any wildlife except colonists.
Any clues? 

also you should add a blueprint for a transmogrifier to the game, I always wanted one of those  ;D

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2014, 09:34:39 pm »

Try background to see what you need to do for it. For botanist, explore a room until its at 100% then type discover to try to find something, there is a chance you will find a new plant which you will get 1 of the plant and it will count for your background.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Breezy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2014, 07:45:53 am »

Hello :) Newbie to the forums and sorta newbie to the game.   Does anyone still play? I'm having a bit of trouble with the space system.  Before I stopped playing, I built a ship, got lost in space and just rerollled and had my ship towed back.

Since I returned, my colony beacon has disappeared. Thinking I could just return using my shuttle terminal, I rerolled. Now, I can't get back to my old planet. I'm thinking about just doing a few re-rolls, then building a ship to find my old planet. I have scores and scores of raw materials and unresearched thingies, there. It hurts my heart that I can't find it! :'(

Anyway, I'm Breezy in-game. Hope to see some of you all!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:48:32 am by Breezy »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2014, 03:32:07 pm »

I'm new as well, actually. Liking it so far, but I only just got my pre-fab up-trying to find some solid-phase metal for more constructions.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2014, 10:08:15 pm »

Greetings :)  Currently your stuff is abandoned after 6 months of real time - this lets anybody with a smartpad come along and repossess it.  And of course anything on the planet surface can be destroyed with enough effort.  I just upgraded the craftable shuttle terminals to deliver your ship straight to the wilderness where the terminal is located.  I don't have any ETAs but the next upgrades will involve some new solar systems.  Also hopefully a halloween event  8)

I'm 99% sure there is a craft with fast add (first available material) now  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:26:59 am by genmac »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:33 am »

Greetings :)  Currently your stuff is abandoned after 6 months of real time - this lets anybody with a smartpad come along and repossess it.  And of course anything on the planet surface can be destroyed with enough effort.  I just upgraded the craftable shuttle terminals to deliver your ship straight to the wilderness where the terminal is located.  I don't have any ETAs but the next upgrades will involve some new solar systems.  Also hopefully a halloween event  8)

I'm 99% sure there is a craft with fast add (first available material) now  :)
Those are not the macros I mean. More the macros to deal with massive swarms of robots.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2014, 06:56:33 am »

Just been spamming NE for the past hour...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2014, 10:01:26 am »

PTW

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »

Bump.
Is there a way I can start with a clean slate? I played a bunch before and feel like coming back, but it feels so awkward to have all this stuff and no idea what I was planning before I left. I've asked in game and one person(the only other non-afk one, it seems) told me to use reroll, but I still have all my stuff. I want to abandon it all without having to make a new character, because I like my name.

EDIT: I ended up dropping all of my things in one of my buildings and dismantling said building. Not elegant, but it worked. Now there's just a few pieces of building material lying around on a planet.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:59:42 pm by Jack_Bread »

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2015, 10:45:04 pm »

I saw a few threads on MUDs recently and figured I'd bump this. 

Handy link - a starting out guide https://github.com/basp/wayfar1444/wiki/starting-out

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:18 pm »

I LOVE WAYFAR 1444. But i'd like to point out what i'd like in this game:
1st: Ancient ruins: Temples cities houses and even strange places of unusual powers.
2nd: Cybernetics scan your body for internal maladies and surround yourself with forcefield.
3rd: Planet-cites like coruscant.
4th: The ability to have your own empire
5th: MOAR players.
I hope you will add the features...

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2015, 05:41:20 pm »

Those are all sweet ideas, I especially like the concept of having city planets or things along those lines, like you see in the prospector roguelike.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2015, 08:27:44 am »

PTW

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

I have even some concepts of "points of interests":
Pyramid: These contain old weapons & armour, traps and mummified corpses. Spawns only in deserts. Square layout that gets smaller the higher you are in pyramid.
Crashed capital ship: If one has the resources one can check the damage, EXAMINE it and then repair it. The ship can be used again. Or one can salvage things from it. Standard ship layout, expect that some rooms are altered. (| [] |) for example may be: #| [} /) can spawn anywhere.
Abandoned dungeon: Old prisoners that attack you whips, electro-rods, vibro-weapons, and rare blueprints. Can spawn anywhere.
Serenity sanctuary: One can meditate here to commune with ancient powers, to get martal arts moves. Scripts can also spawn and also armour and weapons used with some martial arts techniques. Can spawn anywhere.
Underwater temple: Aquatic weapons & guardians wait there to protect what is theirs. Spawns only in oceans, common in water worlds.
Psyker Sanctuary: The places where hunted psykers commune with their warp powers unlocking more of them. One can become psyker if one desires to understand them. Spawns in flatlands,jungles,forests and deserts.
Shelter: One can find many items here, including top-grade weapons, armour, rare blueprints, some feature spaceports which contain partially assemled ships. (Engines and some modules are in place but the ships are damaged and unfueled) Spawns everywhere expect no-atmosphere worlds.
Elemental shrine: If one PRAYs at the shrine one will become an avatar of the elements which will give great powers. Extremely rare, but spawns anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20