Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future  (Read 76281 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »

Tested a little and it feels like a game i'd want to play when it gets a bit more developed.
Though the map confused me as some features disappeared when taking one step

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 05:39:57 pm »

I'm not dead or anything, just laying low till the end of summer most likely.  I got several volunteers that have been very helpful and we've added a ton of stuff (especially in space) since the last post, but I don't want to talk it up too much when there's a lot of work to do.  So around august I'll be posting a bit more with some new screenshots and things  :-X
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:43:54 pm by genmac »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 12:25:36 am »

Played it just a tiny bit at this point. Up to now it seems like a MOO Shores of Hazeron but on a more individual-centric level. Some of the stuff might be a bit grindy/button smashy at times, but I'm still enjoying simply exploring some random biomes and figuring out how to build stuff up from nothing.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 05:09:55 pm »

The first universe of Wayfar1444 just exploded into a(n unintentional) cosmic boom. I was fortunate enough to escape the moon, where I was killing some space pirates, and make it to the bar at the end of the universe, just before tha Big Bang, and server shutdown.

A new universe should be created soon, and this would be an excellent time for some more players to come to the game. It's still in alpha, but really quite enjoyable, and getting updated regularily.

EDIT: it was just a reroll, no universe death after all
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:15:25 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »

Edit: Ignore this post, posted in the wrong thread.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 06:17:49 pm »

I definitely will check this out (probably in a couple days, have a flight tomorrow), love space MOOs! I really want to get back into Miriani (another space MOO), as well. This one looks paticularly interesting though, really liking those planet images up there.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 11:53:39 am »

We're full speed ahead until the end of summer, here a few screens in the meantime:

Totally not a rip off from the future gothic series that starts with "War"...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The alternative to hacking in terms of controlling buildings and objectives, I also made this available for use on google code for other hellcore MOOs.  Claimable stuff is where we're planning to implement the more powerful field pieces like artillery and anti-air - please forgive this horrible airspace scanner as it is weak sauce:

And finally, in the rough draft stages, this is kind of a programmer thing I'm proud of - it spawns rooms as needed which reduces memory usage by quite a bit.  Handy for big planets and instancing.  It also has the side effect of a sort of "fog of war" and gives the wilderness outside of settlements an unpredictable nature:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:33:02 pm by genmac »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

It's almost a different game since when I started playing this a month ago. New stuff is being added every day and some big things like other solar systems are upcoming, people should check it out. It's a great time to help shape the game while it's still in alpha. And abuse funny bugs of course :D

<- Mason ingame
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:57:30 pm by BloodBeard »

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2012, 03:55:44 am »

Just started it tonight and died to a clever beast. seems like dying just respawns you in a random location?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 11:52:53 am »

No, you respawn at your set respawn point which you can customize with @sethome

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 05:22:45 pm »

Well yeah but I got eaten before I had a chance to set up my response point. Also seems like this could lead to spawn camping.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2012, 07:30:43 pm »

Double post let's do this! Ight well it seems to take forever to fabricate basic gear and structures. Also do resource nodes ever expire or deplete?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 04:10:58 am »

This seems like an interesting game. I have just one question at the moment though: what determines quality level of raw materials?

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:09 am »

This seems like an interesting game. I have just one question at the moment though: what determines quality level of raw materials?

As far as I can tell its a combo of dice rolls, the quality of the harvester, and your characters skill.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2012, 02:46:26 pm »

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you turn animal corpses into meat?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20