Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future  (Read 75817 times)

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
Re: Wayfar 1444: a roguelike MUD/MOO set in the far future
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2016, 07:29:09 am »

Cool does the universe wipe include character wipes? I have a character who is part of a clan and have access to a lot of money and ships and things. I would love to be able to keep my character name but be able to start again completley fresh.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2016, 08:06:17 am »

I'm willing to give it a go.

dork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2016, 11:31:59 am »

Dude, why can't I shoot to the next room in your game? Is that a firearm?
I tried to get the skins for armor, killed the beast with two shots and then died of bleeding on my bed. Oh, if I could shoot as "fire east mulcher' for example.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:34:06 am by dork »

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2016, 03:50:12 pm »

Cool does the universe wipe include character wipes? I have a character who is part of a clan and have access to a lot of money and ships and things. I would love to be able to keep my character name but be able to start again completley fresh.

Emails will go out to all the currently registered ahead of the new server coming up so you'll get a head start for stuff like this.  It'll be a while although I got several important systems back up and running in the new super efficient mode last night (resources, hurray).

Dude, why can't I shoot to the next room in your game? Is that a firearm?
I tried to get the skins for armor, killed the beast with two shots and then died of bleeding on my bed. Oh, if I could shoot as "fire east mulcher' for example.

Rocket launchers, sniper rifles, grenade launchers and so forth work like this already.  Maybe some guns will do that eventually too, there's no technical reason they can't, just general confinement of combat to a room.  There's also no reason the mulcher shouldn't start shambling over to where the shots came from  :-X

dork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2016, 05:21:42 pm »

Rocket launchers, sniper rifles, grenade launchers and so forth work like this already.  Maybe some guns will do that eventually too

Very glad to know it. I'll wait for the wipe eagerly.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2016, 05:44:54 pm »

What is the most minimum amount of tools you need to play? For instance if I had no access to a complex terminal and threw away every item in my inventory ie harvesting tools I would be pretty screwed(?). So what is the minimum toolset?
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2016, 12:37:24 am »

What is the most minimum amount of tools you need to play? For instance if I had no access to a complex terminal and threw away every item in my inventory ie harvesting tools I would be pretty screwed(?). So what is the minimum toolset?

The basics are available for a few credits on central - and you can scavenge for the very basics (fiber, lumber, metals) without any tools at all.

However it may or may not matter as I've gone ahead and cancelled service for the main instance of Wayfar as of 11/10 - there will either be a relaunch with the improved version, or an announcement of a new game in the near future.

dork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2016, 08:24:14 am »

I wish there was no central hub and terminals, which give you things out of nowhere. It is so wrong for the game about the colonization of the wild planet.
Moreover, you don't need to save your ass, if you can call the shuttle to the center from anywhere on the planet's surface. Then in the central hub you can immediately buy medicines, equipment, food, guns, spaceship.
Also there is no explanation why you will not die if you don't consume the food at all. I think there should be an explanation for roleplay.
I really like this game.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2016, 11:09:44 am »

I think the main reason is that its still pretty heavily alpha. Honestly I would like more reasons to head out of the starter system, aside from hiding an automated robot construction factory and starship construction yards.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2016, 01:58:26 pm »

Hey so... is there a more in depth tutorial??? Like command by command?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 07, 2016, 06:42:08 am »

Heyo. Haven't played in a while, life was happening and I got caught up adulting.

Any updates in the last few months?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2016, 01:32:41 pm »

So I finally started playing.  Game looks super fun, but a bit crafting intensive, so probably gonna start planning out macros for this kinda stuff...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2016, 02:17:22 am »

BUMP because apparently this is shutting down on Nov 10th.  Shame really, but understandable...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2016, 09:54:31 pm »

A little late responding, I got a new job and have been fairly busy.  There will be some news and promotion sometime soon - essentially we're moving Wayfar to a more high powered server, wiping the universe, then expanding it, and cleaning up some of the disaster zones/fixing bugs.  This will take a little while and in the meantime Wayfar will stay online.  It's kind of delicate work to transition over (a lot of sys admin junk involved) so I'll be taking my time with it, but the improvements should be worth it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:51 am »

http://wayfar1444.blogspot.com/2016/10/wayfar-1444-will-suspend-service-as-of.html
The wayfar1444.com domain will no longer be available starting 10th Nov. If service resumes a notice will be posted on this blog. Previous articles, which may be helpful for hellcore users, will remain available at http://wayfar1444.blogspot.com indefinitely. Thanks to the many players that tried our game, and if a new game is released, or MOO service resumed, you will be notified!
This was posted after than Oct 7th announcement.  So, dunno.

EDIT:
However it may or may not matter as I've gone ahead and cancelled service for the main instance of Wayfar as of 11/10 - there will either be a relaunch with the improved version, or an announcement of a new game in the near future.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:18:53 am by Girlinhat »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20