Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i increase the population of the migrantss?  (Read 2798 times)

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
How do i increase the population of the migrantss?
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:21:35 am »

what file determines the amount and how frequent the migrants come knocking on my door?

P.S. i checked the wiki FAQ and other parts of the wiki and could not find the answer.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:23:52 am by azrael300 »
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: How do i increase the population of the migrantss?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:25:27 am »

"The third migrant wave and on are influenced by the created wealth of the fortress, with more wealth attracting more immigrants (more research is needed to determine specifics). Specifically, they're influenced by the fortress wealth as reported by the last outgoing dwarven caravan. Wealth created after the caravan leaves has no influence until the next year's caravan leaves. If the caravan fails to make it out then the fortress' wealth is not reported. The dwarven liaison does not report on fortress wealth, in those circumstances where the liaison makes it out but the caravan doesn't. "

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Migrants#Immigration_mechanics

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 01:30:02 am »

"The third migrant wave and on are influenced by the created wealth of the fortress, with more wealth attracting more immigrants (more research is needed to determine specifics). Specifically, they're influenced by the fortress wealth as reported by the last outgoing dwarven caravan. Wealth created after the caravan leaves has no influence until the next year's caravan leaves. If the caravan fails to make it out then the fortress' wealth is not reported. The dwarven liaison does not report on fortress wealth, in those circumstances where the liaison makes it out but the caravan doesn't. "

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Migrants#Immigration_mechanics
..... file... i know that wealth effects it.... but weres the file to determine how mutch wealth was what im asking?
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 01:32:28 am »

There is none.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:36:04 am »

Or, more accurately, it's the big uneditable one called "Dwarf Fortress.exe".

You can try using a third party utility. I think DFhack has something that can edit migrant waves.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 02:28:22 am »

Or, more accurately, it's the big uneditable one called "Dwarf Fortress.exe".

You can try using a third party utility. I think DFhack has something that can edit migrant waves.

No, only the starting amount.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 03:10:44 am »

You want *more* migrants? @.@

If you want to increase the number of migrants you are getting, you could always mod in a highly valuable good which is easy or free to produce. Produce tons of it by the first caravan and you should end up with migrant waves 40+.

You'll also get everything else tied to wealth quicker (like FB's, seiges etc) but there isn't much you can do about that.

You can also just produce thousands of stone crafts for a similar effect.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 11:25:31 am »

You want *more* migrants? @.@

If you want to increase the number of migrants you are getting, you could always mod in a highly valuable good which is easy or free to produce. Produce tons of it by the first caravan and you should end up with migrant waves 40+.

You'll also get everything else tied to wealth quicker (like FB's, seiges etc) but there isn't much you can do about that.

You can also just produce thousands of stone crafts for a similar effect.

dwarfs! start working and get me some admami.... wait im already rich i have 100000 in wealth ... i dont care start crafting some stuff to increase migrants!

thank you blankbane thats one thing i can do ....

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 07:01:26 pm »

Why would you want more migrants? Lack of dwarfpower is never a problem in DF.

Buoyancy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:15 am »

Why would you want more migrants? Lack of dwarfpower is never a problem in DF.

Lack of dwarfpower is always a major problem if you're trying to run a metalworking industry that never has to stop production because of a lack of smelted metal.  A single metalcrafter, for example, keeps at least 5 dwarves perpetually busy making crafts, smelting the ore, and hauling away the three crafts made per job.  Making steel items takes 6 dwarves per finished product (4 smelting jobs (12 for breastplates), one hauling, one smithing).  If you have too many idlers in your fort, then just add some extra forges and enough support staff to keep them operating continuously.

Or you could make full sized squads for each weapon type and use up 60 dwarves that way.