Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX  (Read 225411 times)

Sanchezsangros

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.20.08 | DF 0.47.XX
« Reply #450 on: May 02, 2023, 04:15:37 pm »

XML export is back in legends mode!

I hope I can continue enjoying legends viewer

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 03, 2023, 03:14:40 am »

Since you can't export the pops, history or maps, then no, looks like it'll be a while before Legends Mode can be used.

Aerth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 04, 2023, 02:46:34 am »

The exportlegends info wouldn't work now they returned the function?

Correction - humm, nope.. 'exportlegends must be run from the main legends view' is the inevitable message. No cookie here either.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 04, 2023, 03:08:28 am »

Correction - humm, nope.. 'exportlegends must be run from the main legends view' is the inevitable message. No cookie here either.
Even if it did work, that only exports extra XML doesn't it? Unless the DfHack crew spend time trying to recreate the export of the pops and history text files, but that'd likely be judged a waste of their time as it's a vanilla DF feature (normally).

Aerth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 04, 2023, 04:58:14 am »

You are probably right. I didn't know if the exportlegends had its own code to extract data from memory, since it can provide more details, or if it relied on an already existing function (probably the same than the one behind the button).

I really miss the ability to consult Legends. DF is absolutely not the same for me without it.
And I want to know why the hell my dwarves insist in crafting Dingo statues.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 05, 2023, 02:00:19 am »

@Aerth: Legends Viewer was able to use the vanilla Legends Mode exported files only for a limited view of the info, or that together with the information exported by the DFHack supplemental script for the more complete picture (but still not fully complete). The usage of past tense indicates it reflects the pre Premium release status, and doesn't indicate the future, in which I hope Legends Viewer will again be able to augment the game play.

As Shonai_Dweller said, it might be possible to modify the DFHack supplement to export some or all of the data DF hasn't yet restored, but it's likely a waste of effort for something that's likely to be restored before too long.

So, the DFHack export functionality triggers the vanilla one as well as adding additional info its own script collects (ideally DF itself would export that info as well, as the DF team is much less likely to misinterpret the data than the DFHack community is. I wouldn't be surprised if the vanilla exports would eventually grow to include things the DFHack supplement provided (and probably will provide again once things are back to normal)).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 07, 2023, 04:26:38 pm »

Where in DF are you running the script from? It needs to be run from legends mode.

Even if it did work, that only exports extra XML doesn't it? Unless the DfHack crew spend time trying to recreate the export of the pops and history text files, but that'd likely be judged a waste of their time as it's a vanilla DF feature (normally).
Right, we haven't attempted to recreate anything that DF pre-v50 exported, assuming the DF feature would come back in less time than it would take us to recreate those features.

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 02, 2023, 12:55:35 pm »

with the newest DFhack the xml-plus file has returned, but it appears the latest version of Legends Viewer does not properly translate this file. I'm sad because legendsviewer has great graphs and that feature is very dear to me.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2023, 10:37:00 am »

What errors are you getting from legends viewer?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:08:41 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 17, 2023, 04:46:34 pm »

In the museum game we have run into issue. The player character Moldath Mournsaints the Ardents profile now results in a crash. Might be related to secrets learned.

Legends files - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16082
The Save - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16073

Spoiler: Exception Text (click to show/hide)

I guess this is pretty much abandoned now since it is for 0.47 but this bug is creeping up more often in our 300+ year succession save with various entities and sites causing crashes. Does anyone still maintain this mod?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 17, 2023, 09:14:13 pm »

I guess this is pretty much abandoned now since it is for 0.47 but this bug is creeping up more often in our 300+ year succession save with various entities and sites causing crashes. Does anyone still maintain this mod?
This tool (technically a utility, not a mod) could work with v50, although v50 does not export all of the required information yet (as mentioned above).

There is a proposed fix for what I think is the same issue on GitHub. However, the last activity by the author on GitHub was in Nov 2021. I'm not aware of someone else maintaining it currently.

There are a few other legends-related utilities listed at https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utilities#Legends_tools that you may find useful.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 18, 2023, 08:29:21 am »

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The issues persist with the alternative utilities. I’m assuming it’s a quirk of a 300 year old game world which might not be fixable.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2023, 12:32:37 am »

Interesting, I wouldn't expect all of them to have the same bug. I'd suggest posting in the threads for those utilities - some of them have more active work (e.g. LegendsBrowser 2 was released fairly recently).

My understanding is that, at least for the Legends Viewer issue, it's not a problem with your world, per se - it's an unusual case that the tool wasn't written to account for, which is probably more likely to come up in a world with a larger history (longer and/or from a larger world).

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2023, 03:19:27 am »

I've posted in the LB2 thread. Thanks.

Getting the same error for every entity there, not just the one(s) that cause crashes in LV.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]