Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often to you use stonesense?

I consider it an essential part of Dwaf Fortress, and can't play without it.
- 119 (18.5%)
I use it for pretty screenshots, but otherwise don't use it during play.
- 210 (32.6%)
I only try it occasionally.
- 174 (27%)
I have no idea why I'm even in this thread, I don't use it.
- 141 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 641

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 85

Author Topic: Stonesense: Usage Poll!  (Read 720435 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense: Usage Poll!
« Reply #930 on: April 20, 2014, 08:04:30 am »

I thought about that, but I'm fairly certain that's included in the version of DF I'm using (Peridexis's starter pack, r46). At any rate, it's advertised as included. Is there any way to check?

Edit: The task manager lists DF as using about 1.2 GB of RAM before starting Stonesense, and 2.0 GB (as in 2000 MB, not 2048 MB) after, FWIW.

Hmm... It definitely should be, but I now suspect that in the application of all the patches I might have switched out the exe and forgotten to reapply the LAA patch. I'll look into this.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:34 am »

I thought about that, but I'm fairly certain that's included in the version of DF I'm using (Peridexis's starter pack, r46). At any rate, it's advertised as included. Is there any way to check?

Edit: The task manager lists DF as using about 1.2 GB of RAM before starting Stonesense, and 2.0 GB (as in 2000 MB, not 2048 MB) after, FWIW.

Hmm... It definitely should be, but I now suspect that in the application of all the patches I might have switched out the exe and forgotten to reapply the LAA patch. I'll look into this.

Seems like the LAA patch is missing, though it doesn't help, at least not on my side.
I tested with PE r48: with unpatched .exe stonesense couldn't load the map as itg described, after patching and trying to load the map in stonesense the game went unresponsive. After that I reboot to OSX and tried my luck there with the same results, stonesense won't load the map, and the game freezes.

BTW: Holy shit itg, I can understand why you'd want screenshots of that fort. Impressive. :)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 20, 2014, 07:19:07 pm »

Thanks! Is Stonesense itself large address aware?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 20, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »

It's a part of DF, and shares the memory. And the large address awareness.

Dustman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 24, 2014, 07:42:40 am »

I've tried to add my custom building graphics and found that Stonesense totaly ignores "game_custom" parameter.
For example I have:

Code: [Select]
<building name="Soapmakers Worshop" game_type="Workshop" game_subtype="Custom" game_custom="SOAP_MAKER" file="workshop.png">
<
... sprite order
>

<building name="My Worshop 1" game_type="Workshop" game_subtype="Custom" game_custom="MY_WORKSHOP" file="workshop.png">
<
... sprite order
>

<building name="Altar of Storms" game_type="Workshop" game_subtype="Custom" game_custom="ALTAR_STORMS" file="workshop.png">
<
... sprite order
>

They are all in different files and added to index file properly. And works nice if used one in time.
But not with all files together to be load.
Stonesense sees the same game_type="Workshop" and game_subtype="Custom" parameters, and makes no difference between those buildings and draws them using the last loaded rule of the third building.
So now you can have only one custom building and it's Soapmakers workshop already.

Bad thing is I found this problem after a lot of time spent making sprites for all of this stuff.
Is there a way to fix it?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 24, 2014, 11:21:26 am »

That's a new bug, that I didn't know about. If you could send me a copy of your sprites, sprite sheet, and your mod, then I can take a look at things.

You can mail it to me at japa.mala.illo, gmail.

Dustman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 25, 2014, 02:48:10 am »

Thanks! Check your mail.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #937 on: April 25, 2014, 10:34:00 am »

I have a question about the controls:
I've been trying to extend the Z level visibility of the game, so I can see multiple levels, etc. Unfortunately, Control-scroll doesn't work. Not much else does, either. 1 and 2 are supposed to extend the visibility, but they don't do anything.
I'm using it with the MacNewbie Pack, so that might be the thing, but does anybody have any answers? Cheers.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 06, 2014, 09:50:42 pm »

I have a question about the controls:
I've been trying to extend the Z level visibility of the game, so I can see multiple levels, etc. Unfortunately, Control-scroll doesn't work. Not much else does, either. 1 and 2 are supposed to extend the visibility, but they don't do anything.
I'm using it with the MacNewbie Pack, so that might be the thing, but does anybody have any answers? Cheers.

Make sure your using the 1 and 2 on the upper left side of your keyboard. The numpad seems to disagree with Stonesense.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Haputanlas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 20, 2014, 11:26:11 pm »

The suspense is killing me  :D

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14:02 am »

It's like a crazy race between Caldfir's overlay and DF2014 to see which will come out first. 
                  --Also near death from suspense

An update on the overlay would at least help a bit...
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 21, 2014, 01:28:34 am »

Caldfir hasn't made any commits to the repository since the ides of march.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 04, 2014, 09:57:33 am »

I just found a test build. It works. It's awesome.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8611
 Donations here.

Haputanlas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 08, 2014, 10:58:37 am »

Nice! Giving it a shot right now.

Haputanlas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 08, 2014, 11:38:43 am »

Looks like it's coming along really well! There are few things that make it difficult to navigate, but hopefully that will be resolved soon. Some feedback:

1. The arrow keys move the screen around in the opposite direction than you're used to in the normal UI (Very confusing and frustrating). Almost as if it were designed to be used with a touch interface.
2. The toggle button 'o' doesn't appear to be working for me. I was not able to switch back to the normal ASCII interface.
3. As mentioned in the notes, many of the key bindings aren't yet put into place, but that will likely be fixed in the future.
4. Being able to use the mouse to designate the mining and other commands would be HUGE. That's the one missing feature that would make this killer.

Overall, I'm impressed where this is headed and still very excited.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 85