Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 430336 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2012, 09:32:37 pm »

Bamm!

Got 'im!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2012, 09:36:21 pm »

Im back, for every kobold that dies, eight more come.

CoraiUnki, pup.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »

I must also ask what a woman's scorn feels like. No one takes me seriously enough to waste perfectly good scorn, unfortunately.

Try to imagine, just for a moment, a primordial force of nature so incomparable in scale to the world we humans live in that it defies belief, like the enormous dust storms in parts of the world that stretch beyond the horizon, against which even the tallest skyscraper made by mankind is only the smallest speck. A force that it at the same time both terrifying and utterly humbling, causing you to reflect for a moment that we are all brief, insignificant bits of carbon living in a universe of a size which is utterly inconceivable to us.

Now compress that force of nature into a single, human-shaped individual bent only on making you suffer millionfold for the sins you committed against her, an entity, baying for blood, which is more than willing to inflict every inhuman torture upon you; to turn your whole world upside down and leave you begging for a death that never comes. A creature for whom the structures, morals and rules that we as a species have formed over tens of thousands of years mean absolutely nothing, and whose cruelty and malice are so dense the they become a black hole, absorbing every trace of humanity and leaving only a cold-blooded, soulless machine whose only purpose is a destruction focussed on one individual, and who remains conscious during the entire episode only to add an ever increasing resentment at the monster you have turned her into to the twisted singularity of her existence pointed directly at you.

If you can imagine all that then you have been afforded a brief, incomplete glimpse of the seething being of hatred that is woman scorned.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:48 pm »

I must also ask what a woman's scorn feels like. No one takes me seriously enough to waste perfectly good scorn, unfortunately.

Try to imagine, just for a moment, a primordial force of nature so incomparable in scale to the world we humans live in that it defies belief, like the enormous dust storms in parts of the world that stretch beyond the horizon, against which even the tallest skyscraper made by mankind is only the smallest speck. A force that it at the same time both terrifying and utterly humbling, causing you to reflect for a moment that we are all brief, insignificant bits of carbon living in a universe of a size which is utterly inconceivable to us.

Now compress that force of nature into a single, human-shaped individual bent only on making you suffer millionfold for the sins you committed against her, an entity, baying for blood, which is more than willing to inflict every inhuman torture upon you; to turn your whole world upside down and leave you begging for a death that never comes. A creature for whom the structures, morals and rules that we as a species have formed over tens of thousands of years mean absolutely nothing, and whose cruelty and malice are so dense the they become a black hole, absorbing every trace of humanity and leaving only a cold-blooded, soulless machine whose only purpose is a destruction focussed on one individual, and who remains conscious during the entire episode only to add an ever increasing resentment at the monster you have turned her into to the twisted singularity of her existence pointed directly at you.

If you can imagine all that then you have been afforded a brief, incomplete glimpse of the seething being of hatred that is woman scorned.

I cant tell if thats beautiful, or scary.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2012, 09:46:56 pm »

-snip-
She's right, you know. (unless you have 500k urists of marble, an ingenious miner/mason and NON-DF physics.)

[A woman's scorn]

Wierd's surefire method:

Find a vulnerable, reclusive girl. They like libraries, parks, and zoos. They fear rejection, and have a serious self worth complex.  Genuinely act interested in her. Take her on dates. Build up her self esteem. Be helpful, supportive, ad nurturing.

Just as she is beginning to bloom and fall madly in love with you, tell her she was just a temporary fling, and that you were desperate.

Wear abspestos underwear.
Ahhhh, you sound like you have a bit of experience in this. lol :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »

I imagine that it is easy to think that I am exaggerating.

But let me assure you that I only WISH that there were words capable of describing the untold horror that I'm trying to get across to you.
/人‿‿人\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2012, 09:52:03 pm »

But let me assure you that I only WISH that there were words capable of describing the untold horror that I'm trying to get across to you.

......Im gonna go hide in a hole now.

CoraiUnki, Kobold miner cancels hide:Digging hole

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »

I wasn't implying that. :P Lol    As I said, I've felt it before (though not for the same reason as Wierd gave).

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2012, 10:03:01 pm »

I wasn't implying that. :P Lol    As I said, I've felt it before (though not for the same reason as Wierd gave).

If you're still alive and/or not a broken shell of a human being then you got off very, very easy.
/人‿‿人\

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2012, 10:08:53 pm »

If you're still alive and/or not a broken shell of a human being then you got off very, very easy.
Ahhhhh... Yes, you exaggerate. My mistake - I misunderstood. :P

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2012, 10:10:30 pm »

HugoLuman has produced Thotumibul, a soap shortsword!
This is a soap shortsword. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings with slade and menaces with spikes of adamantine and wagon wood. On the item of an image of the universe and a toad in wagon wood. The toad is coding the universe. On the item is an image of dwarves and barrels in soap. The dwarves are striking down the barrels. On the item is an image of kittens in rose gold. The kittens are plotting.

Also ninja'd 16 times
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »

This is a soap shortsword. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is adorned with hanging rings with slade and menaces with spikes of adamantine and wagon wood. On the item of an image of the universe and a toad in wagon wood. The toad is coding the universe. On the item is an image of dwarves and barrels in soap. The dwarves are striking down the barrels. On the item is an image of kittens in rose gold. The kittens are plotting.

Also ninja'd 16 times
How did you get multiple strange moods?!? I call haxx.

Also, I'm afraid of the kittens. :o

Oh, and 16? You beat my record.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 06, 2012, 10:16:11 pm »

Also ninja'd 16 times
How did you get multiple strange moods?!? I call haxx.

Also, I'm afraid of the kittens. :o

Oh, and 16? You beat my record.

I'm glitched. I get more than one mood, yet I often fail them randomly. I don't go insane and die from it though. That is why I only produce something worthwhile occasionally, and have tons of half-finished projects sitting around
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2012, 10:16:45 pm »

-snip-
She's right, you know. (unless you have 500k urists of marble, an ingenious miner/mason and NON-DF physics.)

[A woman's scorn]

Wierd's surefire method:

Find a vulnerable, reclusive girl. They like libraries, parks, and zoos. They fear rejection, and have a serious self worth complex.  Genuinely act interested in her. Take her on dates. Build up her self esteem. Be helpful, supportive, ad nurturing.

Just as she is beginning to bloom and fall madly in love with you, tell her she was just a temporary fling, and that you were desperate.

Wear abspestos underwear.
Ahhhh, you sound like you have a bit of experience in this. lol :P

Me? Oh no.  I have never comitted this sin.  I do not destroy vulnerable people to suit temporary urges. (This fact has raised any number of questions about my sexuality. See the "hyperactivity" thread for my one time answer.)

What I am, is observant.  I have seen this exact thing happen.  There are two kinds of women you should most frear:

The first is the timid kind, that finds herself.  Having overcome her demons, she is invincible. Your betrayal will be swiftly, brutally, and heartlessly dealt with. You will never know peace.

The second is the hardened, worldly woman. She has seen what the world really is, and knows its game. She will punish you in ways you cannot imagine. You will not know peace.

These two types of women are so dangerous, that human patriarchal societies have instinctually worked to ensure they are always a minority.  The "ideal" woman, thruough history is compliant, lacks swlf worth, and lives only to please. The alternative is the clueless bimbo who is kept ignorant, and on the shelf. The trophy wife. As a nonsexual male, I can see this clearly.

The first type of woman is called all maner of names, and derided by conventional society for centuries.  "Brazen", "presumptuous", and "vindictive" are the usual adjectives. The latter has always been a thorn in the side of masculine power, gravitating toward positions of female power. Healers, wise women, and oracles. Their experience grants them oracular power of a sort, because they have seen it all, and nothing ever really changes. The vaneer of man's vanity is as translucent as glass to such women. Their powers are unquestioned throught the ages. They are often decried as witches and enchantresses in literature.

To me, they are mearly women who's eyes have been opened. I tend to get caught in the crossfire, told that I could never understand them, or their plight, but I am not apt to agree with that statement.  I myself and a pariah of sorts. I know the role.  I am not interested in temporary, physical pleasures.  I desire the real, the true.  I love the mind. The women western society make are not real. They are fantasies of other men, striving for a pinnacle that is false. Women should live for themselves, and know what they want.  When I meet women like that, I cannot help but be attracted. I like the full flower of a mature and ripened mind, full of experience, and proud with bold expression. This is true of any gender.  The body doesn't matter. The mind is powerful, and captivating. That is all that matters.

It is the respect one has for a vicious wild animal.  Power. Beautiful, and to be respected.

Like a wild animal, women dislike unnecessary confrontation. (Except amongst each other, but that is a set of circumstances too sophisticated to elaborate on in a forum post.) Do not give them a reason to devour you, and you have little to fear.

Like a fire, you only get burned when you play with it.  I don't need to have experienced the conflagration to know what happens when you pour gasoline on a tiny fire.

I am smart enough not to do it, and biologically blessed to not flit to it like a moth dancing in the candle's light.

I watch all the others fly in, blinded by instinctual urges, and behaving oh so foolishly. They beat the flame with their wings, and it consumes them.

In short, I do not understand my own gender. Men do things I would never in a million years ever contemplate, for 10 minutes of fleeting pleasure.

Fools.  Fools all.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 06, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

CoraiUnki has been possessed.......

I NEED SLADE

I NEED DWARVEN LEATHER

I NEED PLATINUM

I NEED LIQUID FIRE
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 214