Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 430461 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2012, 06:40:33 pm »

Sorry, too busy keeping the gobbos at bay 2 against 55.

OH WAIT THEY ARE CHARGING *retreats behind line of traps*

Preposterous.
If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell.

Yet you do not drink booze, and appear to not be suffering from booze deprivation slowdown syndrome. Care to explain this ?

Also, being a member of HFS doesn't mean you own hell.

And another thing - where would you find children's tears in hell ?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2012, 06:40:55 pm »

Believe it! She's got me working quadrupal duty making ashes, making lye, and making Unicorn_Soap, on top of my glass maker workload!

She only allows the ultra cute and unholy good to be made into toiletry products!

Sadly, she thinks forgotten beasts and kobolds are "ultra cute"...

I feel sorry for the poor fools supplying me with $spoilers!$ and $spoilers!$ fat..... when I find out how that closet ratted me out, rest assured it will pay dearly!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2012, 06:42:50 pm »

Our leader would by default be the greatest warrior. Since we would immediately begin assassination attempts either because we wanted to be leader or because we couldn't fulfill a mandate and didn't want to get face hammered we would go through leaders until someone who was insanely difficult to kill.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2012, 06:43:29 pm »

Our leader would by default be the greatest warrior. Since we would immediately begin assassination attempts either because we wanted to be leader or because we couldn't fulfill a mandate and didn't want to get face hammered we would go through leaders until someone who was insanely difficult to kill.

Hence proving furthermore my Kodkod demon theory...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »

We must throw her into magma to prove her worth. If she complains about being burned to death she is an abomination, if she admires the trade depot she is a dwarf.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »

We must throw her into magma to prove her worth. If she complains about being burned to death she is an abomination, if she admires the trade depot she is a dwarf.
But demons are immune to magma !

Let's throw her into magma regardless. MUAHAHAHAHA

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2012, 06:48:07 pm »

Yet you do not drink booze, and appear to not be suffering from booze deprivation slowdown syndrome. Care to explain this ?

That one is easy, I add enormous quantities of rum to everything I drink, no matter the time of day.
"Fond of despair and alcoholism."

And another thing - where would you find children's tears in hell ?

I couldn't, ipso facto I'm not a clown.

On a completely unrelated note I intend to have a GDS fill the Hammerer's position. Nothing says "You dun goofed" like deadly neurotoxin.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »

No silly. She will admire a fine lever, and a completely sublime bridge.

She will then complain about there not being enough chairs, and about her clothes burning off. Not one mention of the !!dwarf fat!! Though.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2012, 06:51:32 pm »

=(

I'm too thin, beardless, and sober to be a Dorf...

Meaning in DF, I'd probably be a damn elf...

I'd make it my life's goal to be 1/15th as awesome as Cacamane though, so can I be in the fort?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:12:23 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »

That one is easy, I add enormous quantities of rum to everything I drink, no matter the time of day.

You are contradicting yourself, you said you drink only tears.

And dwarven tears are not rich enough in alcohol. Arguably plump helmet tears could but PHM don't cry !

On a completely unrelated note I intend to have a GDS fill the Hammerer's position. Nothing says "You dun goofed" like deadly neurotoxin.

I supposed you would have used jabberers, mostly for the pun with hammerer and the enjoyement of saying "You got jabberer'd" instead of the classic hammered line when a hammerer jabberer plucks a poor dwarf with it's beak and cuts it into two.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:55:59 pm by Naryar »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »

(Don't feel too bad. I'm a total lightweight myself. My native american heritage on dad's side makes me very vulnerable to alcohol. I can get plastered on 2 US winecoolers, but amusingly love the taste of hard liquors. Mmmm.. crown.... but it is of the devil.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2012, 07:09:59 pm »

Feel not shame! I have no taste for alcoholic beverages whatsoever, (they all taste like vomit in a bottle to me...) yet I am no elf with my beard, sadism, and love of stone! As long as you too can perform great acts of stupid dorf tricksarchitectural and mechanical 'wonders' and merciless slaughtering of non-sentient creatures (like goblins and elves), you can prove your dwarfhood, and even become a hero among dwarves!

Also, there's a steam group and DF multiplayer game set up, if anyone is interested in doing a community-wide fortress. We'd just have to get whoever it is that's hosting the server to use runesmith to change our attributes to fit our persons.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »

Oh god... I'm a migrant... I'm going to be sacrificed to a lava pit...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2012, 08:14:45 pm »

I'm nowhere near to the same girth as a dwarf, but I, like the venerable Eric Blank, also have beard, sadism and love of stone. Also a love of blowing things to bits, and setting things on fire, but that's (slightly) different. I'm dwarfy, I think. Anyway... eh, let me sum it up:
Everything he said
This.

I'd be interested in doing a community-wide fortress. All forumites at once? Sounds dwarfy to me. We're doing another one kinda similar to this already, though - the "Ultimate Fortress" thread.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »

'Sus' Dogpulley

Adequate Butcher
Competent Mechanic
Skilled Animal Trainer
Novice Alchemist
Adequate Organizer
Expert Comedian

Likes dogs for their loyalty, wolves for their cunning, green glass, jet and mechanisms.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 214