Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 427959 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #435 on: April 07, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »

A thief has stolen a masterwork steel longsword!

:DDDDD
Wait, don't forget the shield!

A thief has collapsed from the weight!

CoraiUnki has been knocked unconscious!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 07, 2012, 04:32:24 pm »

Well, just for fun... I decided to make a fortress in DF - with everybody in this thread. Just like in the OP. ...At least, everybody I didn't accidentally miss.

Fifty-seven people crazily transported to dwarfworld via a bizarre copy of DFHack (I used dfusion - simple_embark)... all Bay12'ers:

On the dolomite wall of a deep, dark hallway, beautifully covered with swirling, artistic engravings of laptops, computers, iPhones and pixelated smiley faces, there exists a blank patch. On this blank patch is a long section of beautifully engraved handwriting - labeled at the top in large cursive letters engraved with great care into the living stone: "The journal of Talvieno Violencelashes, dictated by himself, and engraved by Fen Wheeldreamy." It looks as if it hasn't been touched for a long time, and curiously you brush your fingertips over the strange lettering, wondering how such odd fonts came to be in a land of dwarves and elves. Holding your lantern closer to the wall, you begin to read.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Part 2 >>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:09:04 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 07, 2012, 04:40:11 pm »

Well, just for fun... I decided to make a fortress in DF - with everybody in this thread. Just like in the OP. ...At least, everybody I didn't accidentally miss.

Fifty-seven people crazily transported to dwarfworld via a bizarre copy of DFHack (I used dfusion - simple_embark)... all Bay12'ers:

On the dolomite wall of a deep, dark hallway, beautifully covered with swirling, artistic engravings of laptops, computers, iPhones and pixelated smiley faces, there exists a blank patch. On this blank patch is a long section of beautifully engraved handwriting - labeled at the top in large cursive letters engraved with great care into the living stone: "The journal of Talvieno Violencelashes, dictated by himself, and engraved by Fen Wheeldreamy." It looks as if it hasn't been touched for a long time, and curiously you brush your fingertips over the strange lettering, wondering how such odd fonts came to be in a land of dwarves and elves. Holding your lantern closer to the wall, you begin to read.

First, WIN.

Second, what? No Corai Kobolds coming to steal your stuff?

EDIT: I demand you continue this! I DEMAND MORE THE TWELFTH BAY

Pwease :3
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:43:13 pm by Corai »
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #438 on: April 07, 2012, 04:46:23 pm »

Masterwork post.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 07, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »

I must also ask what a woman's scorn feels like. No one takes me seriously enough to waste perfectly good scorn, unfortunately.

I agree completely; couldn't piss anyone off to save my life, as odd as that would be...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 07, 2012, 04:47:21 pm »

You mean to say that after six months I was still living in a dorm room?

None of you would be alive.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 07, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »

Hey, its real-time what hes getting at, it would take YEARS just for a entire squad of legendaries to get your temple built.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #442 on: April 07, 2012, 04:53:41 pm »

Bah! You wouldn't be able to kill me, I'd take my own life if it meant no one else got the kill.

Oh... Right.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »

Kiss Ass

It would take six months for a team of 10 legendary miners just to excavate enough dorms for this community, and a year for them to be smoothed or furnished if half the population were working on it. It would then take a year for any temple worth anything to any sort of deity to be excavated without fear of collapsing the roof, and more than two to smooth and engrave everything.

Quit yackin about our work rates, or you can help out!

Just got the bloody magma forges dug out and some dumbass just had to stand in the middle of the magma. Now we're working on the catacombs for the lot of ya that will tantrum!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:00:50 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 07, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

I don't want excuses, I want results!

I don't need a temple right away, naturally it should be high on the priorities list, but that's besides the point.
I just need my own little personal space and a door.

Come to think of it, you'd all best have locking doors.
/人‿‿人\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 07, 2012, 05:04:07 pm »

I don't want excuses, I want results!

I don't need a temple right away, naturally it should be high on the priorities list, but that's besides the point.
I just need my own little personal space and a door.

A Murderor! Run away!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #446 on: April 07, 2012, 05:10:57 pm »

A Murderor! Run away!

Oh that's good, for a moment I thought you meant murderer.

A grammar hammerer! Run away!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 07, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »

A Murderor! Run away!

Oh that's good, for a moment I thought you meant murderer.

A grammar hammerer! Run away!

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 07, 2012, 05:19:08 pm »

"And then he ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:31:51 pm by KodKod »
/人‿‿人\

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 07, 2012, 05:33:32 pm »

Corai, thanks. :P Thank you, too, Loud Whispers. :D As to continuing it, I don't know. My laptop crashed right after I got it uploaded and I lost most (not all) of the save - the last time I'd saved it was in the middle of spring. If you didn't mind a possible story change (I'd keep it as close as possible), I could continue. And if enough people want me to continue, that is.

Corai - you hung around the wagon most of the time. :-\ I tried to keep the skill sets as close as possible to what was described in the thread. We never went below 10 idlers, actually. (so many people decided to say they were "useless"...  ::) lol)

KodKod - really sorry. Eric Blank and Talvieno were just beginning miners when they "arrived". I barely had time to do what I did, and despite having 4-5 miners, I only have two picks. If it makes you feel any better, the bedrooms were up next. I thought about adding that the women especially were upset about the room situation, but decided against it for one reason or another.

Eric Blank, Lol. (hoping the "kiss ass" wasn't at me) Your dwarf and mine were the first two to grab picks, so we were the miners.

EDIT: Oh, and KodKod... When you play DF, you start with 7 dwarves and an ample supply of food. lol    When I started it today, I had 57 dwarves, the greater majority of them were skill-less, and I had just as much food as someone would normally start with - about 50. To feed 57 people. I honestly can't believe we survived - we almost starved. Not quite, but almost. Carving out 7 small bedrooms in six months is one thing. Carving out 57 in six months is very, very different. Especially if you have no idea what you're doing.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:38:09 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 214