Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 433003 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1725 on: April 18, 2012, 11:50:53 pm »

He's basically a nervous system in a trash can now.

I offered to try to make him a darth vader suit, but when I said I was using corai as the voice actor for the suit, he said no.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 19, 2012, 12:15:00 am »

HugoLuman hears the kittens in his head again!

HugoLuman exclaims "sic semper tyrannis!" and places a ++gneiss crown++ on KodKod's head.

BrospehStalin, what bones make me hear the voices?

*looks over Oliolli's mutilated, still living body* Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the means
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 19, 2012, 12:16:40 am »

The 7 bones in your inner ear.

They need to be replaced with puddingstone simulants.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:57 am »

So, when is that straightjacket going to get here? We need Nekronuke contained post-haste. And probably Corai as well for the same reason protective custody.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:56 am »

hey, i made my artifact soup. i'm off to mill around because i haven't been relegated to any useful tasks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 19, 2012, 01:23:41 am »

* MaximumZero wanders off to a forge to make as much armor as he can possibly wear at one time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 19, 2012, 01:35:53 am »

No one injure me. Or I will unveil my mad science scheme! Admittedly, quick death would stop it though.

Also, this cavern breaching is worrying. I recommend that we seal it back up until we create a system so incredibly complicated for dealing with it that it can't possibly fail.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 19, 2012, 01:44:58 am »

Dear Armok I'm glad I stay the hell away from the dining hall during normal meal time. It always ends in food fights, CoraiUnki chase scenes, or Kodkod ripping someone's digestive tract out to get seconds on the meal they already ate.

...I really need to spend more time writing my essays than goofing off...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 19, 2012, 02:03:30 am »

U     U
U  U

U   
           k

This is an engraving of Humans, Weird Joykill the human, and Corai the kobold in serpentine. The humans are dining. the humans are screaming. Weird Joykill the human is chasing Corai the kobold. Corai the kobold is wearing a giant ostrich egg. Corai the kobold is fleeing.

It's times like these that we need to keep close to our hearts and preserve for future generations.
This space for rent

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:38 am »

Wait-wait-wait; How big are giant ostrich eggs exactly? Ostrich eggs are pretty damn big enough a kobold could -almost- fit in one if it were proficient with yoga, and giant ostriches are 9.53 times the size of normal ostriches. If their eggs scale directly in both volume and thickness of tissue layers, like the shell, we could drill holes in them, empty them out, and use them like little high-altitude kobold drop pods complete with shock absorbing seats and harnesses, a kick-open hatch, and a safe slot for weapons, and deploy CoraiUnki's elite melee troops in massive wrecking balls that roll down into a siege, crushing a few before revealing their contents. Or just stuff a fully armed dwarf in them without the aforementioned amenities and maybe they'd be a little more horribly shaken up and cramped, but bursting out of the shell in a very dramatic fashion.

Dwarven drop pods, in giant ostrich eggs.

Or we launch their eggs into a siege haphazardly after drilling many holes in them and filling them with leather pouches of corrosive chemicals and some glass fragments to bust the leather. Or explosives. They'd make rather nice mass-produced projectiles I'd imagine. Already spherical enough to proclaim them accurate, with a hollow center we can drain of fluids and replace with anything. Virtually no actual labor going into producing the projectile itself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 19, 2012, 06:41:55 am »

Rargh, really annoying stuff!  Okay, so I went on this thread late last night to find that eight new pages had been added since the last time I saw it.  I had a really long reply typed up and ready to submit, when my internet connection borked.  Turns out, my college was doing server maintenance or whatever until 3 AM this morning, as I found out when I woke up today.  Anyway, now I have to retype everything.

The only really important thing I wanted to say was that I'm currently making a war hammer.  Really, I'm just designing it; one of the courses I'm enrolled in grants me access to this really cool 3D modeling software for about six months (from the start of the course), and I'm using it in my free time to make a model of Vol, "Sound," (the name had to change when I learned there's no dwarven word for "song") the war hammer used by Cog Wrathhammer.  If you don't know who Cog Wrathhammer is, the link in my sig (not the fluffball one) leads to my full sig, which has some links to Cog's adventures.

I'll be able to get some pictures of it later today, if anyone's interested.

EDIT:  Oh, didn't see you there Oliolli.  I could Darth-Vader you up, if you'd be interested.  I can 100% promise you that the voice will not be to your hating.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:28:30 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 19, 2012, 07:51:46 am »

You barely function anymore Oliolli, it's a surprise that you notice at all. We've had to designed people as vulture-beaters just to keep the scavengers from pecking at you.

My eyes may be injured, but it doesn't mean I'm blind. Regarding the vultures, let them take a bite out of me and they'll keep away. Oliollis taste (based on recurring testing done on different carnivores) extremely bad. Vultures, maggots and rats escape after tasting Oliolli meat, bears and wolves learn to speak and start crying for their mothers and lions tend to die of shock.

He's basically a nervous system in a trash can now.

I offered to try to make him a darth vader suit, but when I said I was using corai as the voice actor for the suit, he said no.

What I can't understand is why you won't let me be the voice actor!

It's times like these that we need to keep close to our hearts and preserve for future generations.

I would keep close to my heart if I knew where KodKod put it.

Or we launch their eggs into a siege haphazardly after drilling many holes in them and filling them with leather pouches of corrosive chemicals and some glass fragments to bust the leather. Or explosives. They'd make rather nice mass-produced projectiles I'd imagine. Already spherical enough to proclaim them accurate, with a hollow center we can drain of fluids and replace with anything. Virtually no actual labor going into producing the projectile itself.

Or we could fill them with napalm and some sort of ignition. Think of the possibilities!

Spoiler: How about... (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  Oh, didn't see you there Oliolli.  I could Darth-Vader you up, if you'd be interested.  I can 100% promise you that the voice will not be to your hating.

Wait a few more days and the easiest course of action will be to remove my brain, place it in a glass jar and link it up with a robotic body. Stephen Hawking -voice. Think you can do that?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:53:59 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 19, 2012, 08:38:48 am »

Wait a few more days and the easiest course of action will be to remove my brain, place it in a glass jar and link it up with a robotic body. Stephen Hawking -voice. Think you can do that?

I'll get right to work and let you know as soon as I have anything viable.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 19, 2012, 09:14:10 am »

*Slaughters a caged Kobold and takes the bones, then gathers two steel bars, a charcoal piece, and a silver bar, then heads to the metalsmith forge*

Orky_Boss has begun working on a mysterious construction!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:18:32 am by Orky_Boss »
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1739 on: April 19, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

This is madness!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 214