Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simplified Mandates  (Read 635 times)

ddonohu2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simplified Mandates
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:51:13 am »

I'm not sure If this has come up before (my bet would be yes) but I can't find it.

After many years of the same duchess I am getting very tired of her constant demands for flasks. Not because I have any difficulty filling these orders, rather, my difficulty is that her constant demands sometimes aren't displayed prominently enough to get my attention. Additionally, I'm finding it tiresome to order new flasks through the manager menu. Both of these are problems I've had in the past so I thought I'd make some suggestions.

My suggestions are these:

First: Some form of lasting notification similar to the combat report flags which lets me know I have unfulfilled mandates would be great. Especially if the flag changed color to reflect the time remaining, but anything on screen that tells me to press "n" would do.

Second: Having some settings for my manager in the nobles menu would be better. If possible it would be excellent if I could set my manager to automatically attempt to fill mandates. I know mandates are too vague for this at this point, this suggestion is more for discussion rather than a fully formed proposal.

Zoomulator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simplified Mandates
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:48 am »

I'd want mandate messages to be accessible in the "announcements.txt" file! That way any player could chose to keep it as it is, or get a full blown popup box about it.

It constantly passes me by and it's easy to forget when you're in the middle of something else.