Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 99591 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 4
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2012, 02:21:28 pm »

ToonyMan:
As you so nicely put it before it's a neutral point.  Also it just wouldn't explain PM's behavior unless something totally full-blown was going on.
I don't get it.
I doubt you and Powder Miner could both be on different scum teams.  Plus you're voting PM.

Powder Miner come out and answer my question please:
@Powder Miner:
Who do you think are scum?

Orangebottle:
Firstly, I'd like to point out the OMGUS.
OMGUS?  OMGUS on a FoS?  Somebody is bugging out.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
IronyOwl: Dariush, NativeForeigner, Orangebottle, webadict
Jokerman-EXE: Urist Imiknorris
Powder Miner: IronyOwl, ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2012, 04:51:15 pm »

Oh, and more thing - all town roles are always listed in the OP. There's absolutely, utterly no way you could be town. Incredibly stretching the guess, one could say that maybe you're third party and not scum. But town? No. Fucking. Way. If you were third party, however, I see no reason for you to keep calling yourself town and not claiming straight-up. Which makes you scum.
No, they're not, because I am one. It's physically possible there's some weirdness with alignment changing, but otherwise I'm a town werebear, full stop, and trying to assertively state otherwise and for no other reason (other than perhaps "he pisses me off") in a closed setup is foolish at best.
The best question for this situation is this:

Why don't/didn't you ask Meph about this in full public view, and see what he says?

Meph, can there be any other roles for town than the ones you listed?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2012, 06:13:19 pm »

Can I get a replace? I've been resorting to lurking this while I've been trying to simultaneously start two games.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »

It is possible for new roles to be introduced without warning.

Powder Miner has requested a replacement
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 4 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2012, 09:09:25 pm »

Orangebottle:
Orangebottle:
Firstly, I'd like to point out the OMGUS.
Interesting. Why do you think, of all my attackers/voters, I'm only OMGUSing you?

I'm voting him because Toaster's logic started to seem more plausible, not because I'm blindly obeying Toaster. Perhaps that was worded poorly.
Still lazy.
I'm not sure what you want me to say here. I mean, I do, but I'm not sure what you're pretending you want me to say here because you're town. You want a full explanation for something in my own words? I doubt it, or you'd have asked for that. You want a lazy excuse of "he agrees with X, therefore bandwagon" to facilitate your bandwagon? Seems likely.

I'd also like more information out of him, because I don't have much yet. Do you object to me voting Darvi in an attempt to scumhunt him?
I'd have no problem with you scumhunting Darvi, if he was actually doing things. As-is, you're 'scumhunting'(read: you asked him a single question) a meta-lurker, which is useless.
So you advocate not hunting Darvi until he stops lurking. Brilliant. I wonder why I think he's your partner?

What would be an acceptable reason to vote Darvi to you?
I don't remember any reason to think that Darvi's scum yet.
And you don't advocate hunting him unless he's doing stuff already, meaning he's lurking town by default and there's no way to change that without being scum.

Tell me, why is Darvi, whom you have no read on, so absolutely townlike that voting him without some solid evidence is a scumtell, attempting to get evidence out of him is a scumtell, and him lurking too hard for anyone to get a read out of him (to say nothing of accomplishing anything) is merely "within his meta?"

Finally, I never said three priests was impossible. I said I was dubious of it, and would like his opinion on it. Do you think fakeclaiming scum taking credit for a priest rez is impossible?
Yes. The actual priest would counter-claim, unless killed, in which case people would figure it out when the other two claimed. Why do you think fakeclaiming scum is more likely?

Which do you think is more likely- three priests or fakeclaiming scum taking credit for a slain one?
Three priests, due to the above logic.
So three priests is more likely than scum fakeclaiming priests because at massclaim everyone would realize four priests is too many.

Right. What's so magical about four that that's the cutoff for someone obviously being a fakeclaimer, and why would that be enough of a deterrent for scum doing it that they never ever would?

Because I didn't want him getting anywhere near LYLO. Survivors near LYLO are dangerous, as are SKs(which is what I thought he was before he flipped).
He was an outed "SK" claiming to be willing to work for town. What about a puppet vig was so dangerous that he had to be dealt with on Day 2 to prevent him reaching LYLO?
Firstly, he was much less beneficial than you make him out to be. He could only kill every other day, for one. We'd be lynching and getting NK'd each day, resulting in two deaths every day.  We'd have eight other players. Let's assume that we have two scum.

9p Lynch, Kill
7p Lynch, Kill, Toasterkill
4p -Endgame, depending on how many scum are left.

He'd have one chance to use his kill at all(and scum could've just NK'd him last night). It would actually get us to LYLO faster if we didn't hit scum at all.
This is ridiculously bad logic.

First of all, yes, he couldn't have gotten very many kills in before LYLO. That's still more than zero, and he'd be RBing in the process.

Secondly, trying to point out that misfires would drag us to LYLO sooner is beyond pointless. If we misfire a vigkill, it's hopefully on someone who we'd be wasting a lynch on if we couldn't anyway. Trying to say that this is somehow detrimental is akin to claiming we should nolynch for the same reasons.

Third, you are actually and honest-to-god using he would soak up a scumkill as a reason why we should have lynched him instead. The horrors! We could have lynched someone else and let scum deal with him, good thing we didn't!

Didn't you have any better targets? Did you have any other targets at all?
I was suspicious of both you and Zombie for withholding information. Don't you remember that?
I remember that, but what I don't recall is any substance out of it. You told us both to stop dicking around and actually claim, then... sat around FoSing us. Was that your sole contribution that Day? It might have been, which is why I asked.

Overall, your logic is atrocious and your contributions are minimal. Pretty sure you're scum, and thinking you're the last active scum at that.

webadict:
Why don't/didn't you ask Meph about this in full public view, and see what he says?
I don't know. It seemed like the sort of thing that should be fairly obvious, but I don't know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2012, 09:19:50 pm »

That's not an answer. Your rules SPECIFICALLY state otherwise. Please either fix your rules or follow them, as well as give a direct answer. Either there can be other roles that are specifically town only by default (which would be a great thing to put into your rules, by the way, and seemingly goes against what the point of the game is--that being an unknown evil against known goods), or there are all the possible town roles listed with minor variations on them.

I don't know. It seemed like the sort of thing that should be fairly obvious, but I don't know.
It really doesn't. Why would anyone think that a Werebear is a possible town role? My first instinct would be to check the roles that are given. After that, I'd be surprised that such a role existed. Why would it be obvious?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2012, 09:38:28 pm »

Orangebottle: So that's a "no" then. You're just defending yourself, torturing logic and missing the obvious.
He'd have one chance to use his kill at all(and scum could've just NK'd him last night).
What the fuck. "Scum could waste a kill on Toaster so let's lynch Toaster!" Why not just let the scum kill Toaster and focus on lynching the scum in the meantime?

Yes. Why didn't you?
I'm just going to answer this with a bit of common sense: Maybe because if I claimed to be a witch with someone who wasn't a witch, that would be effectively suiciding and no player with two brain cells to rub together would let such a lie pass?

web: Who do you think is scum besides Irony?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:02 am »

webadict:
It really doesn't. Why would anyone think that a Werebear is a possible town role? My first instinct would be to check the roles that are given. After that, I'd be surprised that such a role existed. Why would it be obvious?
Well, I guess mainly because it fits the werebear theme so well. Hunting werewolves, there's a werebear. Oh shit. He's actually on the town's side, but they're not so sure of that. Interesting role, wouldn't you say? Kind of like a flavor miller.

Trouble is, listing it straight up on the OP kind of ruins that effect, because then everyone looks at it and says "Oh, yeah, he's town/might be town," and you lose everything but the genuinely paranoid or unrelated concerns. Imagine if Witches weren't listed and you get a similar effect; right now, we know Urist and Native are both confirmed town. If it wasn't on there (and possibly we didn't have ZU's result on Urist and Tiruin's roleflip of wolf), we wouldn't be so sure and that'd create some interesting tension.

Admittedly, this is kind of working backwards from what I already know, but it's a closed setup for precisely reasons similar to this- so that you don't know exactly what's going on. Assuming each and every town role is listed in the OP kind of goes against that, even if it is explicitly stated as such.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 09, 2012, 02:25:01 am »

Mod

Introduced as in role changes (such as Toaster becoming a Lone Vampire) or introduced as in when you were handing out roles?

PFP. Point out if I missed anything directed at me, please.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2012, 10:56:17 am »

Mod

Introduced as in role changes (such as Toaster becoming a Lone Vampire) or introduced as in when you were handing out roles?

Both. However, Webadict does make a good point about the phrasing of the OP. I forgot to update things when I started the game. I'll do that now.
Come play Mafia with us!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »

In that case, unvote. This new information causes me to believe Irony's claim. Everyone would do well to note that werebear is listed on the front page as a potential town role and it sounds a lot like a PGO.

PFP

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »

Day ends in an hour. May want to extend for that.

In either case, just to make sure we're on the same page:

webadict is confirmed town, or else Flandre was part of the most convincing D1 bus I have ever seen.

Urist and Native are confirmed town, barring serious shenanigans.

Orangebottle is obvscum. He's lazy, opportunistic, and has the logic of a car salesman who really wants that commission. Oh and he's chainsawing and defending Darvi.

Darvi is probably scum. He was lurky, lazy, and OB clearly has his back.

Powder Miner is likely scum. He had terrible, conflicting logic for disposing of Toaster, did little scumhunting, and ignored questions.

My gut says ToonyMan's rez didn't go off as intended, but there's not a ton of evidence for that otherwise.

Dariush is playing like crap, but I don't really think he's scum. Before degenerating into lazy garbage, he was scumhunting and everything.

I have no read on Jokerman, but the fact that I've forgotten he was playing doesn't speak well of him.

Back to Orangebottle, of course.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2012, 06:04:34 pm »

Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:46 pm »

Extend
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32