Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Interest Check: GTA IV LCPDFR

(1/2) > >>

Samio:
How many people here would like a spoiler-free (I finished the campaign) playing of the LCPDFR mod on GTA IV?

For those unaware, LCPDFR is a mod for GTA IV that adds a semi-realistic,(though not as realistic as Police Pursuit) fun and user-friendly experience as a LCPD officer. You can pull over dudes, get into pursuits, go on raids (or at least pretend to), shootouts, and also get off 'cuz you're an officer of the law.

It's fun for me, and I'll also probably act extraordinarily corrupt and evil (lore friendly  :P)
So with that said, who wants me to do it? I'll be doing live commentary and probably have something uploaded for you testy folks.

I'll be using Simple Native Trainer 6.4 as well, but under these rules:
- No fixing police car, only spawn a new one if yours is broken and/or on fire.
- No godmode PERIOD
- Will add more rules as they come to mind.

NRDL:
A GTA...cop mod?! 

Wow.  This looks cool, does it necessarily have to be in video form? 

Stworca:
GTA + Video = Copyright strike. Rockstar is on a crusade against let's players. Just so you know.

Itnetlolor:
Why are these companies being such babies? This is free advertising. We're saving them tons and tons of cash by making all these videos and bringing up more interest to these games by showcasing what they're capable of.

It's like going over to a friend's house and noticing they have a pretty cool game. You ask them about it, and they play to show what it's about (or you somewhat join in), and eventually, you manage to afford to get it yourself (with Steam and Desura and other services which makes the prospect of actually buying it more appealing).

I understand their complaints of losing sales, but they have to catch up with the times, and listen to their consumers sometimes, and not overcharge some of their games. Piracy would be less of a problem, and sometimes a cut-off of pricing can bring in more sales. Sounds somewhat impractical, but it works; albeit I'm also using some Tycoon game logic here (reducing the price of park tickets by like 5 bucks have nearly doubled my income, so to put it; or soda being a dollar cheaper or a ride is a couple bucks cheaper over-populated the lines. Even with Tropico, an increase of payment by 1 dollar or a price for visitors is 1-3 dollars cheaper floods the places with people).

I think the bigger companies are getting worried that smaller indie companies are starting to populate the scene again. Reacting violently isn't going to help sales.

NRDL:
Huh.  It's funny when you make big game companies sound like reactionaries in the face of a liberal revolution.

Can this be in picture format, then? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version