Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: People are stupid..  (Read 18845 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: People are stupid..
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »

The large amount of misinformation surrounding the game acts as a excuse to not even try which then goes on to create more misinformation.

QFT. The question, then, is what we can do about it.

We cannot do anything without aggrivating people.
Altough we can direct interested people to Boatmurdered.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:39:38 pm by Ultimuh »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2012, 06:37:29 pm »

The large amount of misinformation surrounding the game acts as a excuse to not even try which then goes on to create more misinformation.

QFT. The question, then, is what we can do about it.

We cannot do abything without agrrivating people.
Altough we can direct interested people to Boatmurdered.
I like Gemclod better for being more up-to-date, and I think it's more fun to read.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2012, 06:51:50 pm »

Geez, hope we didn't scare Space-Man off with all this. Calling him an elitest bastard was a bit much.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 06:06:29 am »

DF isn't difficult to learn. You don't need intelligence to learn DF, you only need to be determined and curious. Most people who have the elitist attitude about DF is probably pissed at mindless CoD players who would never play DF and call all DF players weirdos.

I never tell about DF to my friends. I'm very good at CoD so everyone thinks I'm a CoD kinda gamer and it's fine. Sometimes you have to act a little stupid in social situtations. You can't just tell about DF to everyone. It's like saying you are an atheist to a very fundementally religious catholic.

Geez, hope we didn't scare Space-Man off with all this. Calling him an elitest bastard was a bit much.
We probably did.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:12:50 am by Leatra »

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »

It's like saying you are an atheist to a very fundementally religious catholic.

Well, if they declare that they're a very fundamentally religious catholic, then the conversation dictates that I should reply in kind.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 10:36:37 pm »

Well, if they declare that they're a very fundamentally religious catholic, then the conversation dictates that I should reply in kind.

Responses :
  • Hi I'm Chris Hansen, take a seat
  • Hi I'm Christ the devil, take a knife
  • ia Dagon!
  • Do you think Jesus'll give me good corn if I burn Nicolas Cage alive in a wicker-man full of bees?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

• Do you think Jesus'll give me good corn if I burn Nicolas Cage alive in a wicker-man full of bees?

As a christian I can only say: probably.. not sure.. but you will do the movie branch a favor.

edit: Wait... screw the movie branch, it's those who watches movies you will do a favor.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 11:09:02 pm »

How dare ye disrespect The N-Cage!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2012, 11:37:22 pm »

You have to want to play it before you can even begin 

I heard about Dwarf Fortress somewhere on another forum that was comparing it to Minecraft. I looked at the website and was turned off. I downloaded the game anyway and couldn't figure out anything and quickly deleted it.  Sometime later, I was reading PC Gamer magazine and saw the illustrated article about Oilfurnace. The organic worlds, open ended decisions, complex simulations, I was hooked. That comic made me look at Dwarf Fortress in a whole new way. From there, I discovered the story sites and read Boatmurdered. I knew that I had to figure out this game because I was missing out. So I put in a lot of effort to learn how to play. I watched all of the tutorials and read the wiki extensively. It was worth every minute. Now I can build awesome forts and kill goblins sieges and crush forgotten beasts.  I have a 150+ games on my steam library that get ignored in favor of this.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:29 am »

Responses :
  • Hi I'm Chris Hansen, take a seat
  • Hi I'm Christ the devil, take a knife
  • ia Dagon!
From those, I pick #3. Cthulu fthagon!
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]