Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: HellFire-The Masterwork succesion fort! 34.05 Be glad its not evil.  (Read 32859 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellFire-The Masterwork succesion fort! 34.05-Overseers needed!-
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 11:34:21 pm »

Sorry guys, I don't know why but the save file is bringing my computer to it's knees ???

I don't know what exactly is causing it but it's making my entire computer run slowly if I open it, not just DF. I won't be able to finish my turn  :-[

Suggestion: bypass the Masterwork front end and run DF directly from the Dwarf Fortress executable. Personally when I was playing I lost about 4 months because of crashes while using the front end. Once I stopped using it, the crashes stopped. The problem you're having might be similar.

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 12:46:50 am »

Sorry guys, I don't know why but the save file is bringing my computer to it's knees ???

I don't know what exactly is causing it but it's making my entire computer run slowly if I open it, not just DF. I won't be able to finish my turn  :-[

Suggestion: bypass the Masterwork front end and run DF directly from the Dwarf Fortress executable. Personally when I was playing I lost about 4 months because of crashes while using the front end. Once I stopped using it, the crashes stopped. The problem you're having might be similar.

Doubt it. I ran Masterwork for a while before I went to LFR full time and never once had that issue.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 01:05:50 am »

I was going to ask for a turn and dorfing, but... it looks like I've already been dorfed for some reason? ??? Am I in a time warp? Does Corai have the Sight?

So, uh, I'll take a turn and gently point out that THERE IS NO PERIOD IN "Mr Frog", GODDAMMIT!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:30 am »

may i please be dwarfed?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 08:44:51 pm »

I was going to ask for a turn and dorfing, but... it looks like I've already been dorfed for some reason? ??? Am I in a time warp? Does Corai have the Sight?

So, uh, I'll take a turn and gently point out that THERE IS NO PERIOD IN "Mr Frog", GODDAMMIT!

I dorfed everyone from the last thread.

I DRANK FROM YOUR MUG, I NOW TIME-TRAVEL.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »

why is everyone who i find interesting on the things i just started posting on?
Highly Opinionated Fool

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:19 pm »

...so, Ahrimahn's up, yes? Can we get a fortress update?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 01:55:40 am »

@Aseaheru:

If myself (I'm pretending you were referring to me), Corai et al are "everyone [you] find interesting", you clearly haven't spent much time at Bay 12 :p

@LordBucket:

I... don't think Ahrimahn's actually aware that it's his turn :/ He never announced that he got the save, and I don't think he was explicitly told to pick it up... maybe PM him?

EDIT:

This has been bugging me for a while... how the hell is "Corai" pronounced? The weeaboo in me wants to pronounce it "ko-RYE", but the part of me that can speak French wants to pronounce it "ko-RAY".
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:41:44 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:04 am »

there are 3 others who i haven't seen on the forums in a few months, but everyone else posts where i do.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:46 am »

I... don't think Ahrimahn's actually aware that it's his turn
maybe PM him?

Sent.

Also, @LordBucket: Could you not just mass-designate all the stone for dumping?

Only if you're willing to instantly generate hundreds of hauling tasks. By using stockpiles, you only immediately create a number of tasks corresponding to the number of places that your miners failed to produce stone, and automatically create a new task whenever a dwarf uses one.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »

Got the save, didnt realise that I would be playing this so soon (I hope to not ruin everything).

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »

@Aseaheru:

If myself (I'm pretending you were referring to me), Corai et al are "everyone [you] find interesting", you clearly haven't spent much time at Bay 12 :p

@LordBucket:

I... don't think Ahrimahn's actually aware that it's his turn :/ He never announced that he got the save, and I don't think he was explicitly told to pick it up... maybe PM him?

EDIT:

This has been bugging me for a while... how the hell is "Corai" pronounced? The weeaboo in me wants to pronounce it "ko-RYE", but the part of me that can speak French wants to pronounce it "ko-RAY".

CO

As in "CORE"

RAI

As in "RAYFISH"

Un as in "UN"

Ki and is "KEY"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:11:47 pm by Corai »
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 10:49:49 pm »

If you're Taking turns in, I'll Take one.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »

1st Granite:
I am utterly confused as to how this fort was meant to run in any kind of objective sense. I have been attempting to decipher the layout to this fort, I will attempt to figure out the way what works but I hope for little.

2nd Granite:
From what I understand the forts layout on close inspection it perfectly recreates a rune in the ancient language of the great god Mu that translates to "All hail the dragon for he sleeps under this world dreaming of devouring all!", as this idea came from the founder I will respect his reasoning ad try to avoid destroying his elaborate well crafted art piece and instead focus on working on upper and lower levels then we currently use.

I have also begun the process of removing all access to the fort from above so as to leave the fort in a more defensable position and begun organizing the building of a bridge in order to regulate entrance into the fort.

4th Slate:
These layabouts are organizing a party, what on earth are they thinking?! I mean come on the entire Miners core and farming community are involved in a massive party, and the idiots have left a few ramps open (although the gate is properly set up to restrict and allow transport into the fort)

14th Slate:
Migrants have arrived, new lazy layabouts. I understand the threat of the Strangler menace but what on earth does the king think we are going to twenty middling to unskilled Dwarfs ? On the bright side we got a skilled armorer and a Ranger who have been put in the military (along with two peasants of no real skill, filling the squad). They also came with a bunch of disgusting animals I promptly had butchered because they where all grazing animals in a region with no grass.

23rd Slate:
The Militia commander has given birth to a girl (bringing the total population of useless dwarfs up to the high twenties)

7th Felsite:
We are fast approaching a dangerous situation, we are completely out of drinks and running out of things to make drinks from. There is still plenty with the food because of all of the cows and yak babies the migrants brought but things are getting bad (I hope our new worthless Lye Makers and dyers are the first to die in this situation)

30th Felsite:

By the gods! There is barely a trickle of wine being produced in this fort! Why on earth are they celebrating their own doom!? I have begun ordering deep mining in the hopes of finding a cavern and with that hopefully water (The indignities we are faced with are quite harsh now).

Im gonna leave it there for now because its midnight and I need to sleep.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 11:38:46 pm »

Go back a few pages to see my "note" from the king, it adds depth. Lets see if anyone can figure out how to defeat the king without a loyalty cascade.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10