Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)  (Read 181905 times)

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile

I'm using a 2011 MBP with OSX 10.8.2. I've downloaded/installed the WineBottler package, but when I run DFHack from MacNewbie Wine opens (if it isn't running) and it asks me if I want to create a bottle, or run from the default ~/Wine Files/ directory. Then when I select to run directly, nothing happens. No errors, no windows, nothing.

Is there somewhere else I should be seeking support? I've even tried using MacPorts to compile and install Wine from the command line, but nothing happens when I run DFHack from the command line.

Have you DL'd XQuartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.7.4.dmg)? If so and it's not working, I guess, there is a compatibility issue in Winebottler (afaik WineBottler wasn't updated to support 10.8.2), so 0.6.5 is a slightly outdated (cause it was compiled in june before the WWDC where MoLi was announced).

I'm working at version 1.0 now, and it will feature built-in Wine for dfhack.
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does DFHack not work for Mac OS X 10.6.x? :-\

gregw999

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello...attempted to install on a 10.6 comp the other day and got an error message stating that it "was not supported on this type of mac".  Is there any hope for me?

thanks-
~g

malmstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear ixen,
please can you provide a step by step guide to install under Lion di fantastic tool?
I'm a litte bit confused about some passages!
Thanks very much!!

Marco

TehEpic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Now, a serious problem. Whenever I go to create a world I would set up the settings, watch it generate and then after that it would either crash when I continue or it would do the loading thingand boot me back to the menu with no worlds to play on.

Crash message (those darn faces)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What terminal says.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:02:47 am by TehEpic »

ToxicFyre

• Bay Watcher
  • Existence is Futile.
    • View Profile

-Hello.
I'm using a Macbook Air. OS X Version 10.6.8

Whenever I want to run Soundsense I get this error.

Code: [Select]
"/Applications/MacNewbie/MacNewbie Contents/Utilities/SoundSense/SoundSense"
MacBook-Air-User:~ macbookair$ "/Applications/MacNewbie/MacNewbie Contents/Utilities/SoundSense/SoundSense"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: cz/zweistein/df/soundsense/SoundSense : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

celestialjeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am getting the exact same error myself. I'm using a Macbook Pro OS X version 10.7.5

-Hello.
I'm using a Macbook Air. OS X Version 10.6.8

Whenever I want to run Soundsense I get this error.

Code: [Select]
"/Applications/MacNewbie/MacNewbie Contents/Utilities/SoundSense/SoundSense"
MacBook-Air-User:~ macbookair$ "/Applications/MacNewbie/MacNewbie Contents/Utilities/SoundSense/SoundSense"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: cz/zweistein/df/soundsense/SoundSense : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

SSquirrel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

My problem appears to be that when after I unzip and try to install the DMG file, it acts like it's being opened for a normal file install and then nothing happens.  No error, no other window after the initial saying it is opening the file.  This is for a first install of the game and I'm running a 2011 Mac Mini w/OSX 10.8.2 installed.  Any ideas?

smewpy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I also can't run soundsense, mac OSX 10.8.2, I've downloaded the most recent Java package, jre-7u15-macosx-x64.dmg, and installed it, but it did not resolve the problem.  No answrs using google.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Below is the log:

goldfish911

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Why did MacNewbie eat 252 GIGABYTES OF MY HARD DISK???
Did I do something wrong? (Does force-quitting while saving mess dwarf fortress up or something?)
I had to delete it.
Any advice on how to avoid this?
I have a mac running Mountain Lion
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:44:00 am by goldfish911 »
Useless burrow, go evacuate the Weasleys so the dwarves can move in.

lukego

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I finally got this to download fully!  The download kept thinking it was complete before actually finishing...not sure why.  Anyway, I'm very excited to be using this and I am trying to work on getting a version of DT that supports v0.34.11 and works on OSX.  All I need is xcode 3.2.6 for Snow Leopard (or any xcode after that for Snow Leopard, actually).  Can't seem to find it anywhere on the 'net, though...

-Luke
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:18:21 pm by lukego »

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile

It seems that DT is not seeing some dwarves in game. The in-game count is 21 and Dt only show me 19 dwarves and I'm not hiding nobles or children's...

Anybody else got that bug? How did you fixed it? rebooting everything did not do the trick.

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile

It seems that DT is not seeing some dwarves in game. The in-game count is 21 and Dt only show me 19 dwarves and I'm not hiding nobles or children's...

Anybody else got that bug? How did you fixed it? rebooting everything did not do the trick.

Actually itS' worse than this, it messes up name and skills. I got a ranger dwarf with no doctor skill in DF that have multiple doctor skill in DT. Modifying the doctor in DT change the ranger in DF... I was happy to get dwarf therapy for mac, but it'S useless in it's current state. I thought it only forgot some dwarves, but actually mess them up badly...

Edit : Applied the hot fix, will post feedback
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:37:05 pm by Marble_Nuts »

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile

Actually itS' worse than this, it messes up name and skills. I got a ranger dwarf with no doctor skill in DF that have multiple doctor skill in DT. Modifying the doctor in DT change the ranger in DF... I was happy to get dwarf therapy for mac, but it'S useless in it's current state. I thought it only forgot some dwarves, but actually mess them up badly...

Edit : Applied the hot fix, will post feedback

I applied the hotfix and got all my dwarf back into dwarf therapist for now. Skills aren't messed up anymore but, it still does mess up names and sex. DT got a name on it's list thats not in DF and vice versa.

Also, nicknames set in DT does not apply in DF, even when committing pending changes

Anybody experiencing thoses?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:10:48 pm by Marble_Nuts »

Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also can't run soundsense, mac OSX 10.8.2, I've downloaded the most recent Java package, jre-7u15-macosx-x64.dmg, and installed it, but it did not resolve the problem.  No answrs using google.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Below is the log:

Hey there. Just ran into this one myself. The simple way to fix it is download the JDK package (The developer version). It can be found (currently) here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html

It should work following that.

Spy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7