Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)  (Read 181706 times)

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07][v0.3 Red][Auto-Update] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 08:35:28 am »

You could host at github or google code or something like that. DFFD is slow as heck anyway.

Kolmar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:32 am »

Looks like I'm having the same issue as Derilium, I've pasted the crash report below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:29 pm »

Yeah, I'm having the same issues as Kolmar and Derilium...
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Rupert Rhabit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Technical difficulty
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »

I'm really excited to start running this program, but I'm having a bit of difficulty. I would really appreciate some advice if anyone has some. I'm running 10.6.8 and every time i try to run the program I get a 'MacNewbie quit unexpectedly' prompt. I am unable to even get the program to begin running before it quits. Is anyone else having the same difficulty? I"m jonesin' bad for some hardcore DF, so believe me when I say, any and all advice would really be appreciated. :-\

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »

@Rupert - There is definitely a compatibility issue with 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). See if yours is throwing the same error as Kolmar.(Click "send report to apple" from the prompt, check the text against Kolmar's)
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Rupert Rhabit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 12:16:40 am »

Yep. Same error. Well don't I look foolish.  :-X  Thanks for the screenshot Kolmar. Now at least I know it's the same problem. All that's left to do now is figure out just what the sweet jeebus is goin' on...

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Version 0.4
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 03:41:50 pm »

Finally. 0.4 Green with DFHack and Color editor. Hope you will like it, but there is one bug with utilities I'll fix tomorrow cause I wanna sleep (it's 1 am in my town).

P.S: for those who has snowleos - I haven't got a machine running SL at the moment, but I'll fix it in a time. Maybe tomorrow, maybe after tomorrow. I'm not sure what causes it, so i'll try to compile it under Snow Leo. Keep swingin'.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:52:10 am by iXen »
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

Nanjingrad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07][v0.4 Red][DFHack inside!] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:56 pm »

Hey I run snow leopard and have the same issue. Just thought i should post my error log along with everyone else's so you can make doubly sure it's the same issue, good luck with this project!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
10.6 fix
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 06:39:13 am »

I've re-uploaded the fixed version. Hope it will run. If not running, write me again.
Also, I'm lack of ideas and I ask you, guys, to write what do you want to see in upcoming releases.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:52:52 am by iXen »
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

e4tmyl33t

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but the DFHack'd DF window locks up as soon as I choose "Continue Playing" to keep playing the savegame I have in there (from the OSX instance of the game.) Once it made it to the savegame selection window, but for the most part as soon as I select "Continue Playing" it just locks up and will not budge.

Running OSX 10.7.3, quad-core i7, 4GB RAM. If any more specific info is needed, let me know.

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 07:18:42 am »

Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but the DFHack'd DF window locks up as soon as I choose "Continue Playing" to keep playing the savegame I have in there (from the OSX instance of the game.) Once it made it to the savegame selection window, but for the most part as soon as I select "Continue Playing" it just locks up and will not budge.

Running OSX 10.7.3, quad-core i7, 4GB RAM. If any more specific info is needed, let me know.
Hmm, no problem is present for me. I've continued my old game from OSX instance in DFHack while porting it, and it worked well. Maybe there is something special you did?
I have the same technical specification as you but i5.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:21:29 am by iXen »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good job, mate. Doing a ton of us a big favor. Hope you have a very good day, sir.  :D

e4tmyl33t

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »

Hmm, no problem is present for me. I've continued my old game from OSX instance in DFHack while porting it, and it worked well. Maybe there is something special you did?
I have the same technical specification as you but i5.

I don't think so...I installed Wine and WineBottler, launch DFHack via the app, tell it to launch as a Wine app, and it loads DFHack and DF. I hit "Continue playing" and it freezes.

I'm kind of used to using Wine via terminal, so if I missed something I'm not sure what it was. DFHack didn't seem to detect the Wine instance I had installed via Homebrew though, I had to install it with WineBottler for it to launch.

EDIT: I think I may have narrowed it down a bit. I'm used to playing in a maximized window, so that's usually the first thing I do when DF opens. For some reason, the Wine instance of DF doesn't seem to like that very much. I got it to load the savegame in the non-maximized window, and the instant I maximized it, it locked up. I'm going to completely nuke Wine off my system and reinstall it from scratch, and see if that helps any...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:43:50 pm by e4tmyl33t »

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Re: !
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 03:28:58 am »

EDIT: I think I may have narrowed it down a bit. I'm used to playing in a maximized window, so that's usually the first thing I do when DF opens. For some reason, the Wine instance of DF doesn't seem to like that very much. I got it to load the savegame in the non-maximized window, and the instant I maximized it, it locked up. I'm going to completely nuke Wine off my system and reinstall it from scratch, and see if that helps any...
Aah, maximizing. X11 DF really don't like it (with maximized window, I had the same problem), so it's better to pull the resizing corner :)

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
About the workflow and the upcoming holidays
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 06:06:35 am »

People! I want to tell you that tomorrow I'll go to the village for a week. There'll be no Mac, only goddamn W7 (and seems to be there'll be also no internet) – so the dev will be frozen for some time. New version WILL came, but not now. Write about your problems and give me suggestions and v0.5 Y****w will come out faster :0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7