Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)  (Read 181692 times)

Renmusxd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I would love to download the tool, however DFFD is so slow it right now is allowing a down of 20kb/s (I am on a 45mb connection) [~2hours est.]. Could you upload to another site? The download always actually cancels after 9mb every time for some reason. Thank you for your work!

edit: came back tonight and worked (still slow however)
thanks anyway!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:46:24 pm by Renmusxd »

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks like a really cool update, especially DF Hack! I'll check out how you did it once it finishes downloading. On that note, I think Renmusxd is right, you should host with someone else - DFFD is really slow. Github has been working for me, or the new Google Drive might work well. Thanks for the shout-out in your original post too! =)

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile

As for re-uploading, I'll do it few days later. There is only mobile Internet and iPhone with me at the moment, so it's impossible to do it just now :)
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Yellow-mallow
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2012, 04:11:37 pm »

New version is out. Now you can plug graphics/utils in one click and there is also much more things.
Sry, no screenshots now. Will upload later.
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Hostings and screenshots
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 08:27:39 am »

Moved to new hosting and added some screenshots.

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07][v0.5 Yellow] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 10:13:49 am »

In case anybody is having problems downloading from the new host, you need to add .zip at the end of the filename. For some reason it's just downloading as 'MacNewbie for me (with the apostrophe). I might be doing it wrong...

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 01:03:55 pm »

You have done it right. It was a bug. I dropbox'd it. Now it'll download faster, and there'll be no problems.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:07:08 pm by iXen »

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:10 pm »

0.6 with 0.34.08 will be released as soon as DFHack will update. It will feature slight redesign. Stay hungry, stay foolish.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 02:03:14 am »

Waiting eagerly..

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 12:18:50 pm »

If somebody can send me the Dwarf Therapist 0.34.10 layouts, I will release the Cyan just now.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 03:48:58 am »

Can't seem to get the new version working,

- Apparently, I'm missing Wine, what is it?
- Furthermore, the app can't seem to find the DF programm which to run?

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 03:53:31 am »

Wine is a WinApi emulator used to run DFHack. Yes, probably the new version isn't working if there is a mess with paths. I'll fix it as fast as resources will come, so the autoupdate will show out when the update will come.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:00 am »

Ah yes, so I'm back using 0.7 untill all the relevant utilities and bugfixes are done

Aight, managed to solve the Wine and pathing issue, I think.

Now there seems to be an extraction problem, UnArchiver doesn't seem to be able to extract utilities.

FIXED: For some weird reason, all .exe files were tagged to be opened in UnArchiver. Changed them to Wine and all is goog.

EDIT: DFHACK is working, though the therapist didn't even start.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:25:16 am by HraTaika »

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:16 am »

Rapist's one serious bug that he can be installed only to directory which path does not contain Cyrillic, Japanese or other symbols different from English. Move it to another directory and change path in list.txt (MacNewbie/MacNewbie Contents/Utilities) folder, maybe it'll solve your problems.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:52:05 am by iXen »

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10][v0.6 Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 06:10:58 am »

Rapist's layout came out, MacNewbie Cyan too, and I tell you to come on and dance!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:16:01 am by iXen »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7