Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)  (Read 181701 times)

increpare

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10][v0.6 Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 08:13:34 am »

Registered just to say muchas gracias for packaging these things together :D

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »

Guys, I'll be left for about two weeks. If there will be an update, I will update my pack l8r.
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

LuRockz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 05:09:55 pm »

The pack is flawless  :o except for two things, It broke my Dwarf Therapist. (Everything was invisible)
though DFHACK worked, I didn't find it very fluid when I realized I had to open it in wine thus following another seperate DF client.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »

Any hope for a patch for .11 in the following couple of weeks?

Also, has there been a fix on the therapist's directory path issue?

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 09:28:48 pm »

.11 works for me - just open up the MacNewbie folder and replace 'Dwarf Fortress' with a copy of .11 (renaming it to 'Dwarf Fortress' so that the application can find it.) Therapist won't work yet because there hasn't been an update, but the tilesets do work.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 02:12:05 am »

Can't seem to get it working, it says that I'm missing the main Index File in the data folder, though I can certain confirm it's there. Maybe a pathing issue again?

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:24 pm »

I've returned from Greece and will patch all.
The new version will come in one-two days because of goods' unpacking.
Also, DFHack seems to be incomplete for 0.34.11, and it's the last thing remaining.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:02:53 am by iXen »
Creator of MacNewbie pack – if you have a Mac and you're not a pro, you should must download it!

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

Do you have Dwarf therapist for .11 in the next version? If so, would it be possible for you to release a patch version (say 0.6.5) that supports .11 and most of the other utilities (AFAIK only DFhack is still unavailable)

Thanks for your continued hard work!
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Porterhaus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 09:53:27 pm »

Just a heads up that the Mac Newbie pack doesn't work well by default with the newest MacBook Pros with Retina displays.  Two quick changes to the init file make it work: TRUETYPE: NO and PRINT_MODE:STANDARD.  You may want to update the Init file options to default to these for maximum compatibility or add a "Are you using a MBP Retina?" that sets these values.

Thanks for the great tool!

iXen

• Bay Watcher
  • retired.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 12:37:57 pm »

Upon my arrival from the Greece, I spent around a week without an internet, and few days to release the fix. There was many, many difficulties, and it's very unstable so I firstly decided not to release it, but, here it is.
It won't work in 10.8 MoLi, but it'll (probably!) work in 10.7. Also, there won't be major releases, only the hotfixes, cause I don't have Xcode for 10.8.

Reynar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 05:56:34 am »

iXen, thank you for such a good app!

NYDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for this great package and the .11 update as well. Much appreciated.

NYDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi again...

I decided I'd try to use DFHack. So, I downloaded WineBottler (which link opened in Safari instead of my usual Firefox so I didn't notice it) and installed WineBottler 1.2.5 (with Wine 1.4.1) on OS X 10.7.4.

I then ran DFHack and it seems to run. However, it doesn't seem to be connected in any way to my DwarfFortress game. If I unpause the game and hit "fpause" the game doesn't pause. I also tried to do a "job list" command and it said I wasn't over a workshop.

Could someone please let me know what I might be doing wrong and how to get DFHack to see my running DF game?

Thanks!

NYDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07][v0.5 Yellow] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »

Now there seems to be an extraction problem, UnArchiver doesn't seem to be able to extract utilities.

FIXED: For some weird reason, all .exe files were tagged to be opened in UnArchiver. Changed them to Wine and all is goog.

EDIT: DFHACK is working, though the therapist didn't even start.

How did you fix the UnArchiver problem? Mine popped up as well at some point... Thanks!

NYDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided I'd try to use DFHack. So, I downloaded WineBottler (which link opened in Safari instead of my usual Firefox so I didn't notice it) and installed WineBottler 1.2.5 (with Wine 1.4.1) on OS X 10.7.4.

I then ran DFHack and it seems to run. However, it doesn't seem to be connected in any way to my DwarfFortress game. If I unpause the game and hit "fpause" the game doesn't pause. I also tried to do a "job list" command and it said I wasn't over a workshop.

Could someone please let me know what I might be doing wrong and how to get DFHack to see my running DF game?

Okay, well, I by mistake ran DFHack without first starting DF (with the big green button) and I noticed that DF started up (this time in a Wine X11 window) anyway, and it was able to play my game. I tested a single command (the one I wanted in the first place): showmood, and it seemed to work. If you close DFHack, though, it kills your DF session without any chance to save, so it's really scary to have it running.

It also asks "Do you need Dwarf Therapist" and of course I say "Yes" but nothing happens. The very first time it asked, "TheUnarchiver" asked me where to unarchive things, but no idea what that was about, and it didn't happen again. But, Dwarf Therapist never runs. :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7