Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)  (Read 181852 times)

Ticky

• Bay Watcher
  • Polygamist Foul Orgy
    • View Profile

I'm having a pretty big problem with it. It runs fine until I create a world, and then it doesn't give me the chance to play the game, it just says create world again. Any idea how to fix this? bug? different download?

Any help would be appreciated.

Aceofkings

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I just tried the java JDK fix for soundSense. No luck. Still getting

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cz/zweistein/autoupdater/callback/IProgressCallback

anybody have any ideas?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

I updated MacNewbie v0.6 with Dfhack r3 and some common bugfixes, utilities and graphic packs.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7850

tested on 10.7.4: stonesense, soundsense works for me.

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile

I updated MacNewbie v0.6 with Dfhack r3 and some common bugfixes, utilities and graphic packs.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7850

tested on 10.7.4: stonesense, soundsense works for me.

Wow you win 42 internet for this!!! Late answer, but I'm so happy some still car for this. I just can't play this game without therapist anymore... Trying it right no with soundsense and stonesence.

Marble_Nuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Real dwarf dig deep!
    • View Profile

The game is not launching, I'm unsure why. Terminal run and nothing happen aside from saying last login and the mac newbie folder path. Also, why stonesence ain't included in the pack if you say it work?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:31:39 am by Marble_Nuts »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, which version of OSX are you using? The packs works, tested on 10.7.5, should work on 10.6-10.8. At least up to now this is the first report of a problem with launching.

You should see something like this on the terminal:
Spoiler: terminal output (click to show/hide)

In the Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress folder you can find a file called 'df', try running that one. And SoundSense IS included, there's even a launcher in the MacNewbie GUI.
I'll have a new version up in a few days btw, if you can't make it work please post here with errors: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128960

Oort

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN'T_LEARN]
    • View Profile

disregard, I skimmed past the link to the new thread >,<
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:02:55 pm by Oort »

Sashoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything works well except for DFHack. When I go to open DFHack it says the file is damaged and should be moved to the trash. Ive reinstalled thrice now and it always says the same thing. I finally agreed to the prompt to move to the trash can, and then suddenly all of my dwarves instantly turned miserable!!!
Its like they wanted me to have DFHack.
Anyway do you know how to fix this??

nannaannnaaa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

so one question my df works normally when i start it from terminal. I got your pack so i didn't have to manually start each time and to have textures so i could tell what stuff was any ways it opens but when i attempt to create a world it generates but then the option to start a new fortress doesn't appear the file for the world is in my saves folder as region one and the logs show me creating multiple worlds yet im unable to start a game as the option doesn't appear any thoughts??? running on mac osx 10.9.4

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So this all works great for me, save for after a fort gets to a certain size then either right after loading a save (and un-pausing) or part way into a saved game I get this error and DF quits.

/Applications/Games/Macnewbie.9.16/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:   386 Bus error: 10           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

:-\

Am I missing a necessary software component?

MacOS 10.9.5
Late 2012 Mac Mini
4 Gig RAM.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:38:34 pm by Montieth »
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2015, 03:05:31 pm »

So this all works great for me, save for after a fort gets to a certain size then either right after loading a save (and un-pausing) or part way into a saved game I get this error and DF quits.
/Applications/Games/Macnewbie.9.16/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:   386 Bus error: 10           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"
Try switching print mode to 2D from TWBT in the graphics tab.
If this helps: check if you have any system updates/graphics drivers you can install.
If not: try turning off dfhack...
Please report progress in the updated Macnewbie thread, link in my sig below.

infiniteunrest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10/11][v0.6.(5) Cyan] MacNewbie Pack - for Mac beginners (see the FAQ!)
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »

Using the MacNewbie pack with El Capitan and seeing a couple of challenges.

- DF crashes when using the green 'fullscreen' button when DF is in windowed mode
- Dwarf Therapist doesn't display any text in the main body of the window; menu headings, list, etc. display but nothing in the tables reading from DF

That's all so far.

EnderCrypt

• Bay Watcher
  • who needs sleep anyways?
    • View Profile

Using the MacNewbie pack with El Capitan and seeing a couple of challenges.

- DF crashes when using the green 'fullscreen' button when DF is in windowed mode
- Dwarf Therapist doesn't display any text in the main body of the window; menu headings, list, etc. display but nothing in the tables reading from DF

That's all so far.

i can confirm the fullscreen mode for dwarf fortress not working in mac os x capitan
dwarf therapist seem to work perfectly for me

when i click to maximize dwarf fortress in mac, it creates a white workspace and then goes back to normal size
first time playing dwarf fortress: ‎‎
16th ‎november ‎2012, 00:52:00
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]