Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Artifacts You Really Don't Even Want  (Read 20151 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Artifacts You Really Don't Even Want
« on: April 07, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »

I just got a Glassmaker to go into a fey mood... a glassmaker. I had to build his forge, and the only reason I had glass was a caravan. He then grabs that, my precious freaking Emerald that was to be encrusted into something, and some oak. Oak. You already took my greatest possession, and you take OAK? *facepalm.*

What's better is the only image on this whole item is of a DIFFERENT green glass terrarium, or maybe the thing is engraved on itself. I can't even tell. I'm pretty damn sure it's just a knockoff of a better artifact Green Glass Terrarium. What's worse is I can't even throw the damn thing at the elves without them getting all pissy about the oak. I despise this thing.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts You Really Don't Even Want
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »

Any armor made of non-armorworthy metals.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Electrode

• Bay Watcher
  • murmurs horrible curses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 03:56:57 pm »

Spore tree puzzlebox, decorated with images of circles in adamantine, menacing with spikes of adamantine, hanging loops of adamantine, with an image of the vampire that keeps getting elected mayor every year in adamantine.

OVERSEER IS THROWING A TANTRUM!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 04:20:43 pm »

Well, here's a little story for you. My weaponsmith/metalsmith grabbed some red steel, third best metal in Genesis. I was saying to myself "Ooh! I wonder if it's going to be a short sword. Or an axe! Or maybe a hammer!".

It was an earring.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

Now that is an earring to KILL for. And when i say kill for, i mean kill the guy who made it for doing that. But maybe it could be thrown into someones eye or something!!

Also, my contribution is................

an artifact shoe

I mean really, at least make them in fuggin pairs, then maybe some poor sod will be awarded with the BEST SHOES EVER (read: made of llama wool, useless for armor when you have steel) and be really happy with them (yeah right). Also, artifact mugs. I'm sure we've all had at least one.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:46:11 pm »

The palm bow... why would he even build that? Is this dwarf an elf or something?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 02:32:56 am »

I just got a Glassmaker to go into a fey mood... a glassmaker. I had to build his forge, and the only reason I had glass was a caravan. He then grabs that, my precious freaking Emerald that was to be encrusted into something, and some oak. Oak. You already took my greatest possession, and you take OAK? *facepalm.*

What's better is the only image on this whole item is of a DIFFERENT green glass terrarium, or maybe the thing is engraved on itself. I can't even tell. I'm pretty damn sure it's just a knockoff of a better artifact Green Glass Terrarium. What's worse is I can't even throw the damn thing at the elves without them getting all pissy about the oak. I despise this thing.

I would place the item in a room and pour magma ontop of it.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 02:39:03 am »

Perfect green Glass Gem.

The glassmaker was magma'd. The artifact was placed in his grave.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 04:13:08 am »

The OP's terrarium isn't actually that bad- should have a decent price tag with that emerald. It's a cage, so build it in some room for an instant value boost. I'm pretty sure cages get "has admired <furniture>" happy thoughts, too...

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 04:30:17 am »

Llama skin sock or something encrusted with camel bones. What are you going to do with one sock?
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 06:02:51 am »

I was actually quite happy when I got an artifact cage-built it in the dining room, filled it with crocodile hatchlings, smoothed & engraved everything; that was one classy place to eat.
Even had a mist generator; if only the kittenfall had worked... How exactly do you build one of those?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 08:37:13 am »

Quartizite ring.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 08:54:14 am »

Any artifact that can't be used somehow; all trade goods suck.

Kinda wish Toady would add a display case building to vanilla, so we can get something useful out of those damn rings and toy axes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 09:32:15 am »

What's worse is I can't even throw the damn thing at the elves without them getting all pissy about the oak. I despise this thing.

You can't trade away artifacts anyway, regardless of materials or what race you're trading with.  Dwarves won't even take them to the depot.  If it's a finished good inside a bin, and you mark the bin to be taken to the depot, the dwarves will take the artifact out of the bin and drop it on the floor first.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23:05 am »

All armors, weapons and furniture are always welcomed, except maybe boots, because I had an artifact platinum right boot someday. They, as mentioned before, should come in pairs.
Finished goods: only jewelry is fine, because my adventurer can equip it for extra looks points.
My personal record for worst artifact was an yak bone toy axe, with no fine decorations. It was worth 2400 dwarfbucks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5