Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 160

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 315614 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #2295 on: July 09, 2018, 08:04:04 pm »

So, because I picked "futile" difficulty, I start with $49.  Not enough to do anything.

Someone give me a job.  You'll get an employee who knows the game.  (At least, the old version of it.)  Put me in charge of an empty company with $100k in cash, and I'll make it worth millions.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 09, 2018, 09:46:56 pm »

That could be fun. Send "lukewarm" a mail and we'll get you set up, you crazy masochist.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 10, 2018, 01:24:40 am »

Great that it was resurrected! Thanks BetterMember.

Wow, with current level of starting economy, supermarkets demand and the fact that everyone gets stuff lower in production chains, it's really hard to sell anything in them. Gas stations selling only filtered water is never going to cover it's own maintenance cost, it wouldn't even at 100% efficiency and Q50. And I'm not even starting to talk about production costs. Good that people are still trying to make it work and water/energy gets sold at B2B.

edit: If you are not planning any payments, it would be better for the game to make your repo public. There is always some PR worth merging.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:32:23 am by lastverb »

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 10, 2018, 03:04:21 am »

Whoa! Solar panels  costs a hundred dollars for a unit of electricity!
Those aren't profit margins!
Wew lad!

WoW!!!  Never buying any of those!

LoL

A variable I messed up when fixing qualities.  Should be corrected soon.

Was it ? I don't think i noticed the problem with my 10mē solar panel factory, all my electricity production costed 0.05 dollar per unit.

A trello or something like that would be good to see the roadmap you are planning, and maybe giving you some idea :). Well if you want to make your roadmap public, obviously.

Can you fix the restart so it follow the new game start you setup ? I think that mostly easy difficulty is viable now, and i kinda regret going with intermediary.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 10, 2018, 04:57:35 am »

Someone give me a job.  You'll get an employee who knows the game.  (At least, the old version of it.)  Put me in charge of an empty company with $100k in cash, and I'll make it worth millions.
I would love to, but it costs 200k to get an employee (more than most micro-factories)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 10, 2018, 11:24:08 am »

Alright, I've started Sweet Apple Acres once again.  Easy start, cause of course I need to start mah farm.

Apparently there is none of that electricity/water on the market.  I'll be looking to hire once I've got everything moving along.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 10, 2018, 12:16:19 pm »

Apparently there is none of that electricity/water on the market.

Theres been a bit of both for sale on the market both today earlier and yesterday, so some people are selling some but obviously no significant amounts to be able to rely on right now. ~300k power I saw. Water cant remember, wasnt much, a few k if I recall.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 10, 2018, 02:05:49 pm »

I'm focusing on producing power, there are a few people putting water out. I would have had more power out earlier, but there were some internet issues here so I wasn't able to do the thing I actually planned to do.
I've got a bit of competition for the electricity market, but I think they're diversifying more then I am. I live and die by the power lines.
Also, Zaz, I can't transfer money to my personal account, so you're on your own-I can't start a new corp. Reset and you'll be put on an easier difficulty, or wait until money transferring is fixed and I or someone else can pick you up and profit off of you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 10, 2018, 03:42:41 pm »

Hmm... crud....  I need to sell a whole lot of apples to break even on the wages alone.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
    • http://bettermember.net/
« Reply #2304 on: July 10, 2018, 06:50:18 pm »

Great that it was resurrected! Thanks BetterMember.

Wow, with current level of starting economy, supermarkets demand and the fact that everyone gets stuff lower in production chains, it's really hard to sell anything in them. Gas stations selling only filtered water is never going to cover it's own maintenance cost, it wouldn't even at 100% efficiency and Q50. And I'm not even starting to talk about production costs. Good that people are still trying to make it work and water/energy gets sold at B2B.

edit: If you are not planning any payments, it would be better for the game to make your repo public. There is always some PR worth merging.

Yes, in the process of resurrecting...  Still much work to be done.  The conversations here and those of you contacting me about ideas is a lot of help.

No financials for the game planned yet, just a little side project that I decided to take on.

Thank you,
BetterMember

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 10, 2018, 08:15:27 pm »

So, because I picked "futile" difficulty, I start with $49.  Not enough to do anything.

Remember ZaZ, you can earn $38,000 per week simply by clicking on Support EoS at the bottom of the gametime screen.  By the end of the week, take a loan and Maybe get enough for a startup. 

Take your time and Plan wisely with your investments.

(spoiler)  Rags to Riches badge winners will receive rewards later.  If all the coding goes right.  Much later though, I do have plans for it.

Good luck.
Thank you,
BetterMember

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:54 am »

Seing that you have the code and the visuals, wouldn't it be easier to just migrate everything to a newer framework like Symfony ? I can only guess how tedious it must be to fix or add feature in an old bad written code (quoting the original author).

By the way, marketing power doesn't seem to work. The button to validate the spending doesn't do anything.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:16:36 am by Whivy »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 11, 2018, 10:16:14 am »

Some of the end-products don't have a storefront to sell them. Like everything in a bakery for example (side note: why does a supermarket stock orange concentrate powder but doesn't carry salt or sugar? ???)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 11, 2018, 11:10:29 am »

I couldn't make an account on this. The form seemed bugged and wouldn't send.

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 11, 2018, 09:34:04 pm »

Seing that you have the code and the visuals, wouldn't it be easier to just migrate everything to a newer framework like Symfony ? I can only guess how tedious it must be to fix or add feature in an old bad written code (quoting the original author).

By the way, marketing power doesn't seem to work. The button to validate the spending doesn't do anything.

I like tedious. LoL.  There are some things that PHP applications used to manipulate PHP code that wouldn't write it the way I would.
Thank you,
BetterMember
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 160