Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 161

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 220081 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Russian civil war "expert"
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #2325 on: July 12, 2018, 05:14:20 pm »

I'd look in your spam folder, also it took a while (like 5-10 minutes) for the e-mail to arrive.
Wanted to host a great feast.
Accidentally commited suicide.
Posses help delinquent players!

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 12, 2018, 10:11:40 pm »

BetterMember, does this formula still apply for determining the value of goods in a company's warehouse when determining the company's net worth?
(basevalue * (1 + (Q/50)))

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: July 12, 2018, 10:27:28 pm »

In case anyone else has the problem I had (and probably what Caz is having):
The First Post is for a completely different website, and is essentially defunct.
The current activity is for the version being hosted on http://capitalism.bettermember.net/eos/index.php

Honestly, from the time the continuation(?) was made public, it should've started it's own thread.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 13, 2018, 02:55:57 am »

The First Post is for a completely different website, and is essentially defunct.
The current activity is for the version being hosted on http://capitalism.bettermember.net/eos/index.php

Honestly, from the time the continuation(?) was made public, it should've started it's own thread.

Agreed, lot of people will be in this situation if a new thread isn't started.

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
    • http://bettermember.net/
« Reply #2329 on: July 13, 2018, 03:50:39 pm »

BetterMember, does this formula still apply for determining the value of goods in a company's warehouse when determining the company's net worth?
(basevalue * (1 + (Q/50)))

The only thing that I changed in value determination is the land value.  It was actually way off.  As for the rest of that code,  I never really messed with so it should be the original what Mr. Yang had programmed in.
Thank you,
BetterMember

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 13, 2018, 03:55:07 pm »

Oh yeah, mine is on the bettermember server.  Excellent point n9103, I never even gave that a thought.  The registration for the actual capitalism went down in December for some reason or another.  That's what prompted me to start coding it for my server.  I kept going back to it from time to time.  I like the concept and I didn't have the opportunity to play it when it was popular and cared for.
Thank you,
BetterMember

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 14, 2018, 06:20:53 am »

Can we get a longer authentication timeout?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 14, 2018, 05:45:46 pm »

So I turned a few thousand in cash into almost 50 million in a few days.  I suppose it could be considered using an exploit, but it was all within the rules of the game.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 14, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »

ah yea I was using the wrong site. I signed up and brought a friend too.
huh?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 14, 2018, 08:49:35 pm »

Some buggy or weird things I've noticed:

Buildings always expand instantly even though it says it will take many hours.

R&D expansion is weird after 100 m2.  You can only add 3 at a time.  Since it's instant, it doesn't really limit the size of your R&D if that was your intent.  It just makes you expand 3 at a time over and over, which is incredibly tedious.

I think it's bad idea if you intend to limit research that way, because then it makes research all about spending money to complete the research, which is very tedious doing over and over, and not about the size of the R&D.  Also, at some point it becomes very expensive to spend complete the research, and impractical to do the research normally since you're limited in the size of your R&D, which means everyone will eventually be at the same tech level in most products.

In the old version, it would show in your markets an estimate for how long your current stock will last, and your market share.  Seems to be disabled in this version.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 15, 2018, 03:15:20 am »

Can you move the operating profit up on the income sheet? So that it doesn’t include construction and research as it does now

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 15, 2018, 07:08:31 am »

Some buggy or weird things I've noticed:

Buildings always expand instantly even though it says it will take many hours.

R&D expansion is weird after 100 m2.  You can only add 3 at a time.  Since it's instant, it doesn't really limit the size of your R&D if that was your intent.  It just makes you expand 3 at a time over and over, which is incredibly tedious.

I think it's bad idea if you intend to limit research that way, because then it makes research all about spending money to complete the research, which is very tedious doing over and over, and not about the size of the R&D.  Also, at some point it becomes very expensive to spend complete the research, and impractical to do the research normally since you're limited in the size of your R&D, which means everyone will eventually be at the same tech level in most products.

In the old version, it would show in your markets an estimate for how long your current stock will last, and your market share.  Seems to be disabled in this version.

Those are some good catches Zaz, and congratulations on becoming a millionaire in minutes.  LoL.  I think that I put some safe guards in place now.

Yeah, I plan on re-configuring the R&D, research times tech levels at some point.

Yes the market script is unfortunately one that was almost completely broken.   I removed most of the script and re-wrote the other half.  I still have much re-writing to do on that one. 
Thank you,
BetterMember

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: July 15, 2018, 08:27:36 am »

You need to look at the unit cost of produced goods as they drop into warehouse. Seems something is missing or getting dropped from costs. Buying from the B2B, shows the right costs as you purchased, no problems there. But your own production always shows lower unit cost in the warehouse than what was show when producing at the factory?

A simple example would be electricity, its been showing as 0.03 production costs per unit on the plants at production, but when it hits the warehouse it shows as costing only 0.01 per unit. Happens to the other goods too and it looks like it is having a knock on effect to unit production costs down the line.

Another example:
10,771 stock left in warehouse showing 0.10 unit cost for an intermediate good.
95,018 in production of this good which showed 0.08 cost at the factory.
Goods are finished, and I set my line all producing for the next day, leaving me with 17188 left in the warehouse which now show as 0.06 unit cost...

The production cost of my final good as show on the factory last couple of days, 0.31 - 0.32, warehouse stock right now, showing 0.28 unit cost.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: July 15, 2018, 08:57:12 am »

Have you bought electricity from the market?
I think bought inventory adjusts the production costs in relation to how much you paid for however many goods, as compared to the stock you already have.
Just spitballing as I'm pretty new to this too.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: July 15, 2018, 09:09:05 am »

Also, you need to look at the RS for the Petroleum chain of goods.

Gasoline - Has no way to research currently.

Petroleum - classed as 'refined natural resourses', although this comes straight from ground & the Well-Pump at the start of the chain, is researchable in the green tech building. This building researches chemical minerals & Polyethylene which are both produced at the end of the chain building the Poly-Plant (Chem.Minerals, Polyethylene, Plastic, Gasoline).

Oil - classed as 'Natural resources', researchable with Mining Tech, although this is made either with a Prep-Plant refined from Petroleum, or can be made from Well-Pad using water, sand & chemical mineral (which itself comes from Poly-Plant + Mineral from a mine).

So, those last 2 are mixed up category wise and research wise.
Petroluem is the Natural resource coming from the ground, and the Oil is the refined natural resource, refined either from Petroleum or Minerals. I suppose it doesnt help since the names, icons aren't the best choices -- Petroleum using 'Crude oil barrel' icon, Oil using a black oil drop which happens to look like crude oil too.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 161