Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 315446 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #2355 on: July 18, 2018, 12:33:01 am »

I could unload some of my cartons onto the b2b, in fact I'm starting a run of a couple K containers to put up there.  Also I'm selling them at 2.30 in my store, I'll put em up on b2b for less.  Even if I sold them at that price on the b2b you should still make a good profit selling the next tier good in a store. 

Something another player didn't fully grasp last time I played EoS.  Didn't like the price of my bottles, thought I was gouging.  Even after I pointed out that after the cost of everything else (that he was making himself) the end good he was going for sold for 4-5 times the price of my bottles AND I was selling them on the b2b for less than half I could in a store.  But that was back in the day of old broken EoS.

Deagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: July 18, 2018, 12:57:24 am »

I could unload some of my cartons onto the b2b, in fact I'm starting a run of a couple K containers to put up there.  Also I'm selling them at 2.30 in my store, I'll put em up on b2b for less.  Even if I sold them at that price on the b2b you should still make a good profit selling the next tier good in a store. 

Something another player didn't fully grasp last time I played EoS.  Didn't like the price of my bottles, thought I was gouging.  Even after I pointed out that after the cost of everything else (that he was making himself) the end good he was going for sold for 4-5 times the price of my bottles AND I was selling them on the b2b for less than half I could in a store.  But that was back in the day of old broken EoS.

That's exactly why I'm hoping for containers - I can already see that more processing is more profit, and even less the cost of the containers I should be able to make more money selling the milk gallons and half gallons than I can just selling the milk.  I'll have to see if they're more profitable than cheese, but I won't find out until I try it.  Thanks for the response and for the manufacturing! 

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: July 18, 2018, 03:05:40 am »

I noticed you lowered the instant expansion limit from 500mē to 100mē. Too harsh if you ask me. 500 was indeed too high, but i think 200 would have been a good compromise. 100 is reached quickly, even at start-up stage, and then, expanding my farm market from 100 to 110 cost me 15h of time. Way too much.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:10:54 am by Whivy »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: July 18, 2018, 07:27:36 am »

I noticed you lowered the instant expansion limit from 500mē to 100mē. Too harsh if you ask me. 500 was indeed too high, but i think 200 would have been a good compromise. 100 is reached quickly, even at start-up stage, and then, expanding my farm market from 100 to 110 cost me 15h of time. Way too much.

100 is fine for industry as it is.

100 if fine for mamarket as long as the marketing bonus gets fixed.

however, time to expansion needs to be reduced (around 10min/m^2 base price) and until quests are enabled the expansion should cost money instead of influence (around 100k$/m^2)

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:22 am »

however, time to expansion needs to be reduced (around 10min/m^2 base price) and until quests are enabled the expansion should cost money instead of influence (around 100k$/m^2)

Not for all industries. For things like mines, smelter or other processing, it is indeed ok. For farms, it is not. Even with a 100mē orchard and a 100mē farmer market, there is no way i can make a interesting profit out of apple and such, unless i build several farmer market to sell at least 5k apple per tick. And even with that, the profit margin is not that great.

I agree with your formulas for expansions though. Maybe still a bit high for the time, i would have seen something like 1h for 10mē.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 18, 2018, 09:45:30 am »

>  i would have seen something like 1h for 10mē.

economy of scale does apply to expansion, so it should be in that ballpark once you push the numbers up

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: July 18, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »

You really shouldn't be planning to rely on low cost raw materials for profit anyway.  Only reason to sell most things from most of the farms is to get a little money from excess while you make most of your money off of things you are making from them.

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
    • http://bettermember.net/
« Reply #2362 on: July 18, 2018, 05:39:47 pm »

I heard you guys and agree completely.  Expansion times have been reduced.  Prices remain the same. 

I'm working on quests little by little,  looks like a re-write.  Could be a little while.

Also Support EoS at the bottom of the screen can be clicked on once per day as a daily log-in currently day 4 and day 7 are the only ways to get influence until quests are running.
Thank you,
BetterMember

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 18, 2018, 05:50:07 pm »

This cap is to prevent people from buying up all the electric and water and selling it at 7.00 per unit which happened to be the case in the old capitalism game. 
Wouldn't that cause massive overproduction of both water and electric? (if you buy 100'000 electricity at $1/unit, but can only sell 10'000 for $7, you're still $30k in the red, despite 600% profits)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: July 18, 2018, 07:03:49 pm »

Yeah, it's not profitable at all to buy up all the electricity and sell it for $7.  No one except for a few drunks will buy it.  The only reason that happened in the old game was because people made quadrillions from the quest system, or they wrote a script that created a company and then sold it for a small profit over and over, and ended up with more cash than they could spend.

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 19, 2018, 02:10:52 am »

Is there any indication on the salaries and maintenance? How does this depend on building size and/or production?

What influences how much/fast can be selled in the shops? Size? Number of buildings?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: July 19, 2018, 02:25:10 am »

Is there any indication on the salaries and maintenance? How does this depend on building size and/or production?

What influences how much/fast can be selled in the shops? Size? Number of buildings?

*** OUTDATED INFORMATION WARNNING ***

http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/a-single-place-for-all-revealed-formulas/1

*** OUTDATED INFORMATION WARNNING ***

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: July 19, 2018, 02:35:08 am »

More cartons up on the b2b, if anyone wants I can run a couple K boxes and throw them up as well.

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 19, 2018, 02:43:04 am »

thanks! Would be nice to have this as information in game (aka constructing/expanding the building will result in xxx salary and xxx maintenance)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 19, 2018, 03:45:33 am »

Also Support EoS at the bottom of the screen can be clicked on once per day as a daily log-in currently day 4 and day 7 are the only ways to get influence until quests are running.

old eos also had a daily influence login bonus, as per the old formula thread:

Daily influence gained = 10 * player_fame_level

oh, also I dropped an order for 2,000,000 corn @ $0.50
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:56:15 am by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160