Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 315824 times)

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #2370 on: July 19, 2018, 04:40:19 am »

Also Support EoS at the bottom of the screen can be clicked on once per day as a daily log-in currently day 4 and day 7 are the only ways to get influence until quests are running.

old eos also had a daily influence login bonus, as per the old formula thread:

Daily influence gained = 10 * player_fame_level

oh, also I dropped an order for 2,000,000 corn @ $0.50

Wouldn't you prefer apple over corn? It's healthier  :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 19, 2018, 10:40:47 am »

Wouldn't you prefer apple over corn? It's healthier  :P
I've heard of pork over apples, but apples over corn is just to veggy.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Deagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 19, 2018, 12:41:57 pm »

More cartons up on the b2b, if anyone wants I can run a couple K boxes and throw them up as well.

Thanks!  Looks like I can go through about 5k cartons per day at present, but I'm slowly building my capacity, so it will probably be more eventually.

Oh, if anyone decides they want to make a pizza or fast food place, I can provide cheese to the B2B, just let me know.  I noticed someone is selling pizza sauce, so that made me think of it.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: July 19, 2018, 10:03:30 pm »

It appears that marketing does not work for farmers markets, I can set the budget and everything, but the button to finalize the decision does not seem to work. Anybody had a similar experience?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 19, 2018, 10:59:49 pm »

It appears that marketing does not work for farmers markets, I can set the budget and everything, but the button to finalize the decision does not seem to work. Anybody had a similar experience?
Page or two back was reported as broke, still is.

Edit: A third has entered the lumber game and is killing my share of sales with their (way to) low of a sale price, dropped the average price from over $8 to less than $6.  If you are here, UP YOUR PRICE.  We can't even hit 00.01% of the demand yet, you can up your price and actually make decent money.  Even at my (now) skewed price my revenue share is higher than my sales share, by 6% (which is A LOT(at this level)).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:09:19 pm by Shooer »

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 20, 2018, 04:14:52 am »

Page or two back was reported as broke, still is.

Edit: A third has entered the lumber game and is killing my share of sales with their (way to) low of a sale price, dropped the average price from over $8 to less than $6.  If you are here, UP YOUR PRICE.  We can't even hit 00.01% of the demand yet, you can up your price and actually make decent money.  Even at my (now) skewed price my revenue share is higher than my sales share, by 6% (which is A LOT(at this level)).

I'm the new actor. The problem is not so much the market demand, since the market for lumber is not implement yet (you can see that on the EOS-pedia, so you could seel 1billion wood you wouldn't reach the 1% i believe), the problem is the amount you can sell per tick, without marketing power. Sure you can sell at 10 wood, you'll make 10 time the profit of the cost, but you'll need several day just to empty 10k. During that time, your building cost maintenance and salaries, so not profitable.

I'll up the price a bit, so that it doesn't harm your share too much, but 10 buck for a lumber is slow on my side.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:16:58 am by Whivy »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 20, 2018, 05:33:24 am »

you don't need to extract 10x profit from each sellable item especially once you get a good production going.

i.e. in a pure linear market equation:

production costs 1, sell 1000 at 10$, earn 9 * 1000$
production costs 1, sell 500 at 2$, earn 2 * 500$

now here's the fact, the market equation here is not linear and it peaks at around twice the manufacturing price, this was already demonstrated previously here and on the original forum (as long as you have no downtime in selling, if you move more inventory than what you produce then raising prices until sales equals production is more efficient)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 20, 2018, 07:33:37 am »

in a pure linear market equation:

That's not how that works. That's not how any of that works.

Also, by "manufacturing price", do you mean the wholesale price listed in the help section? Because costs can vary quite a bit, depending on the price of ingredients...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 20, 2018, 07:43:43 am »

I've even specified 'in a purely linear equation' and afterward how it works in the game, so what's your point?

the 2* cost* (100+quality) formula to maximize effective earning per store is solid however. it is derived from the sales formula.

doesn't matter that's not how it works in reality, it's a byproduct of the game rules.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:48:28 am by LoSboccacc »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2379 on: July 20, 2018, 11:41:24 am »

I think the issue is that you don't account for time anywhere in that formula.
If you had a finite amount of a resource, and no fixed costs, then yes, maximizing the profit per item is best.
Otherwise it usually isn't even close.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:50 pm »

You missed that he did mention time, indirectly.  Selling at more than double manufacturing cost is where your sales actually start to dip in a negative impact to revenue.  Before that you are profiting enough to cover costs.  So selling your products for less can sell more faster, but you are losing out on profit. 

Of course you can go further and stretch the system as I have, on some products.  Lumber for me is paying more than the costs of everything, everything else I'm selling is a slow, steady, extreme profit.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 20, 2018, 12:39:37 pm »

I think the issue is that you don't account for time anywhere in that formula.
If you had a finite amount of a resource, and no fixed costs, then yes, maximizing the profit per item is best.
Otherwise it usually isn't even close.

well I specifically said the contrary: it's valid as long as you have no downtime in selling (i.e. assuming you produce enough to cover whatever number the 2x cost formula sells)

assuming that the optimal revenue happens when you sell exactly what you produce on average, having more production and cheaper price or less production and higher price are both suboptimal to producing exactly the amount you sell at 2x the cost.

so here's how time factors in: to maximize profit per m^2 of store, you need to produce on average the same amount you sell per tick (of course production is in batches, so the 'on average')

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 20, 2018, 01:08:53 pm »

in a pure linear market equation:

That's not how that works. That's not how any of that works.
I've even specified 'in a purely linear equation' , so what's your point?
... I was kind hoping we could laught at your accidental typo together. So here's what's wrong with it:
1. If you decrease the prices, sales should go up (or at least not go down.)
2. in a linear model if you decrease the price 5 times, you sell 5 times more product, not 2.
3. if it costs $1 to make something and you sell it for 500 of it for $2, you get a profit of $500, not $2*500.

Not to doublepost: do market requests expire?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:20:20 pm by a1s »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2383 on: July 20, 2018, 02:32:32 pm »

Not to doublepost: do market requests expire?
Not that I've seen. BetterMember put up a request for biofuel over a week ago, and it's still there.
The only thing that references timeframes over a week is the IPO process, so I'd say it's a permanent request.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 20, 2018, 03:51:19 pm »

I used to have a standing order to buy electricity, but now it's gone and I'm to cheap to fork over 500 bucks if it's just going to expire the next day.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160