Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160]

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 314448 times)

Nevets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #2385 on: July 20, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »

How would I go about selling stuff wholesale?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2386 on: July 20, 2018, 04:42:38 pm »

Input an amount and a price in the warehouse screen next to the item you want to sell.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 20, 2018, 05:27:30 pm »

Shit, Marcie's is really showing me that I'm not the only guy who benefited from whatever bug happened to give us a lot of dosh. I can't compete with that crap.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 20, 2018, 10:04:03 pm »

For anyone who is just starting out, I'm pretty sure the fastest way to get money right now (aside from any exploits that might remain) is to build all farmer's markets and sell only Whole Turkeys, which you buy from Vlad II for $26 on the BTB and sell for $60-$80.  It's boring but stupidly profitable.

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 21, 2018, 02:11:58 am »

The bank says that interest rate is 1%, however I got charged 3% right now :(

Edit: Another question: What does the 'Projected x$' information in shops want to tell me? I could not figure this out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:18:24 am by Dwachs »

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 21, 2018, 04:03:08 am »

The bank says that interest rate is 1%, however I got charged 3% right now :(

Edit: Another question: What does the 'Projected x$' information in shops want to tell me? I could not figure this out.

It's the projected revenue of your sale for this item. It seems pretty off thought, most of the time i have more. I think it's because it depends also on prices changes from others actor on the market, so it's can be 100% accurate (and shouldn't be anyway).

For anyone who is just starting out, I'm pretty sure the fastest way to get money right now (aside from any exploits that might remain) is to build all farmer's markets and sell only Whole Turkeys, which you buy from Vlad II for $26 on the BTB and sell for $60-$80.  It's boring but stupidly profitable.

Yeah it's what i call the Russian exploit. Not a real exploit obviously, but VLAD II seems to be a very old, and awfully rich account. So either it's the admin giving us a small boost since the game is hard when low on players, either it's a player from the alpha that doesn't give a damn, cause yeah, he could sell it way more.

Feel a bit like cheating though. Even with my industrial company, i had to invest in turkey and farmers market since not using that boost mean that you would be behind all the players using it. It's anti-roleplay, but too interesting to missing out, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:06:12 am by Whivy »

Aranna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 21, 2018, 02:31:01 pm »

Heh, Tortilla is researched at Confectionery and its quality is: 48% Flour, 24% Filtered Water, 24 Cooking Oil, 5% Salt, and -1% Research.

I assume its a bug, though I do wonder what would happen if you researched Tortilla and used Q0 Flour, Filtered Water, Cooking Oil, and Salt. (I assume either Q0, Q-0.01, or it will flow under to whatever the cap is for quality levels.) Anyone with a bakery want to find out for us?  ;)

Also, as the prior link to the game is on page 156, this is the link to the version we are playing. Bettermember, could you put the link in your signature so its easier to find? (or I guess make a new topic for it so the link would be in the 1st post)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 21, 2018, 03:17:12 pm »

I agree with new topic.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 21, 2018, 05:20:14 pm »

are there exploits on this? i fail to understand how there's people with billions of turkeys and electricity etc when the server is only a few days old. there is barely anything on the market and stuff you sell in stores only earns you a couple hundred each hour or so.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 21, 2018, 07:35:22 pm »

There are exploits, but they are being dealt with.

If you look at some of the top net worth characters, you'll see they're kind of old.  I think they've been playing since around January.

The top net worth character, Edqmaster, used to play the old version obsessively, and has lots of experience.

First tier products such as fruit or broccoli don't make a lot of money in stores.  If you're not happy with how much you're earning in your stores, try the strategy I suggested, which is build farmer's markets and put only one product in them -- Whole Turkeys -- which you buy from the BTB for $26 and you sell for about $60.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 22, 2018, 02:12:49 am »

it's a leftover of the shitty market equation. turkey and chicken have a huge base value, and since the marked demand comes from mostly from the good base value they are pricey and have absurd demand.

this was an issue in the cos server too, where jets where selling like hot cakes due their base value.

¤ Product Demand (cents) = K * Total_Building_size * (1 + 0.02 * Q_avg) * POWER( MAX(1, 3*Product_Base_Value - Product_Avg_Price/10), 0.2);

relevant part in bold.

K varies by product, but here's the thing: even if one goes and say 'let's give all base ingredient low demand' - turkeys and chicken are not base ingredients. they're quite far in the production chain: it's like 4th or 5th level, depending on how you count the feed going twice into eggs and turkeys. they are madly profitable because while sitting high on the recipe complexity, they can be mass produced with relatively few factories, making them one of the most m^2 efficient top tier products to sell.

the other way I see viable to sell them is that demand should be inversely proportional to base value. but then top tier good would enter into a quality war and game would change in impredicibile ways.

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
    • http://bettermember.net/
« Reply #2396 on: July 22, 2018, 08:41:01 am »

I've seen quite a few posts in this topic about making a new topic just for the bettermember server.

as requested, I created a thread at : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171469.0

Thank all of you for your support here.
Thank you,
BetterMember
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160]