Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 160

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 314281 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 10:00:44 am »

PS:  There's a "Welfare Center" link at the bottom of the page for freebies.  It's the vote page, but you aren't forced to vote- just going there is good enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 10:01:49 am »

And the money is put into your private account.
Which you can put into your company account if you want to.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 10:07:35 am »

Or used to buy more stock.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 10:10:35 am »

Apparently the admin is pretty responsive to stuff on the forums, if you saw the latest world news about fruit import tariffs.  I posted about banning newbie fruit imports or at least increasing the duties...
(Though, the change was already in the works... he did add in the part about the Unilateral Representative of New Companies [URNC].)

Berry Punch, CEO of Strawberry Wine

On that note, I want to be able to make and sell Strawberry Wine. 
I used another name, thinking I'd just try this out then quickly drop it, heh.

One thing we could do is make a mega DF company and hire each other, so we could all manage it... (Multiple people working in a company is not in yet, but coming in soon apparently...)

Well i decided to give it a try, i destroyed my lemon farm, and i am starting Armok Products, im currently building all that i need to build aircraft, well se how this goes.
I am working on getting a good supply chain for aluminum going. Is there a way to send/sell materials directly to someone else without going through the market? I could provide you aluminum fairly soon, which is used in making planes.
Apparently, the admin/government looks down upon giving away stuff for 'free' and there does not look to be any way to directly sell to others.  I suppose to promote selling at 'competitive prices' befitting an actual company.  Or getting on at the same time.

EDIT: As a new player, I dun screwed up and bought tons of stock that is gonna take forever to off-load apparently...  Like 125k-ish limes... at least the product is moving...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:13:24 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 10:12:36 am »

I did see something about him mentioning that getting on at the same time and selling stuff for super cheap/expensive to transfer goods was frowned upon, so whatever.

Price fixing and hostile takeover should still be okay, right?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 10:15:22 am »

Alright, well I'll just price 'below average' and let you guys know in advance when I'm putting putting up a batch. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:29 am »

Two things:

Newbies (below player level 5, so all of us) can instabuild/instaexpand any building for free- just click on it while it is building.

If you open a store, be sure to advertise- even dropping ~500 bucks on it can give you a 15% boost or so.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »

Well since this is legitimate I'll jump in for a while. I think the site owner should really redo how the site looks because it just looks so.. shady. Like a site which gives you all the toolbars that you always wanted to have.
Edit: In as Commissar Rakonas of the Commune of Freeport, working on developing the means of rum production.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:40:09 pm by Rakonas »

Sengoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 12:39:30 pm »

I have added some screenshots to the first page.  Finally got photobucket to work for me :D

Seems...human?
Seems so ;)

Normally it's rather annoying to see people sign up just to advertise but this actually looks pretty interesting.

EDIT: the site isn't sending any activation email.. ah well.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been a long time lurker on the forums.  Just decided to sign up as I thought quite a few people here would like the game.  Its a pity you didn't get the activation mail.

Hmm.

You can sell to other players but you can also open your own shop to sell to npc's I think.
I'm still figuring out what I should price my stuff while selling to the npc's.
Gonna focus on making high quality steel for now.

When selling thought a store I would suggest experimenting on prices.  Ideally you want to balance your price.  The lower it is the more you sell - but set your price higher if you are selling more than you can supply.

Could we coordinate all buying the same stock at the same time to artificially raise the price, commit insider trading, and all such other activities that would otherwise getting the SEC to come a-knocking?

You can do so and it has already been done many times in game.  Just don't go down into the path of money laundering, a few people have been caught out already :D

[/quote]I am working on getting a good supply chain for aluminum going. Is there a way to send/sell materials directly to someone else without going through the market? I could provide you aluminum fairly soon, which is used in making planes.
[/quote]

Currently there is no way to directly send/sell materials to another company.  But it is on the developers to do list for the game.

Well since this is legitimate I'll jump in for a while. I think the site owner should really redo how the site looks because it just looks so.. shady. Like a site which gives you all the toolbars that you always wanted to have.

Post a suggestion on the forums, he has been considering changing the layout already as he thought it was attracting the wrong kind of people so if you have any suggestions he will most likely listen to them.

Therian Saga

Character: Endalos
Profession: Extractor

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 12:42:13 pm »

I've just made an account. Samuel Morgan of Oofer Industries.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 01:12:45 pm »

I made an account and set up a 200 square meter well. Frajic of Vikings Inc.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:43 pm »

Jolly Roger of Davey Jones Inc. Fine Rum and Beer. Or at least it will be fine.. in a couple of months. Oh god there's no money in this is there? Oh well, at least going down in flames will be fun.

So what's the deal with producing water at beverage factories? Not bottled water, just water. It seems like you actually lose water when mass producing it. Is this just for the sake of improving water quality?

Voxel_Squid

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't believe I play DF more than minecraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:55 pm »

I just signed up as well, as Aldreans Devralis of AxioDevralis Corporation. Seems like electricity would be in high demand in this game, since it's used in literally everything. I've already made a quick buck by setting up my own natural gas powered power plant and selling off my original stock of electricity.

One thing we could do is make a mega DF company and hire each other, so we could all manage it... (Multiple people working in a company is not in yet, but coming in soon apparently...)

I say we call it Underground Research and Industrial Systems Technologies Inc. with the ticker symbol URIST

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 01:20:24 pm »

Damn, this thread made my mouth water. Registering right now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 01:23:25 pm »

I'm researching up my cotton now, while I'm letting my two stores do the heavy lifting of making me monies.  Retail seems to be a decent place to start (though I'm already on the stock market.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 160