Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 160

Author Topic: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*  (Read 314290 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale *Free Browser Game*
« Reply #2325 on: July 14, 2018, 08:49:35 pm »

Some buggy or weird things I've noticed:

Buildings always expand instantly even though it says it will take many hours.

R&D expansion is weird after 100 m2.  You can only add 3 at a time.  Since it's instant, it doesn't really limit the size of your R&D if that was your intent.  It just makes you expand 3 at a time over and over, which is incredibly tedious.

I think it's bad idea if you intend to limit research that way, because then it makes research all about spending money to complete the research, which is very tedious doing over and over, and not about the size of the R&D.  Also, at some point it becomes very expensive to spend complete the research, and impractical to do the research normally since you're limited in the size of your R&D, which means everyone will eventually be at the same tech level in most products.

In the old version, it would show in your markets an estimate for how long your current stock will last, and your market share.  Seems to be disabled in this version.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 15, 2018, 03:15:20 am »

Can you move the operating profit up on the income sheet? So that it doesn’t include construction and research as it does now

BetterMember

• Bay Watcher
  • PHP Web Design
    • View Profile
    • http://bettermember.net/
« Reply #2327 on: July 15, 2018, 07:08:31 am »

Some buggy or weird things I've noticed:

Buildings always expand instantly even though it says it will take many hours.

R&D expansion is weird after 100 m2.  You can only add 3 at a time.  Since it's instant, it doesn't really limit the size of your R&D if that was your intent.  It just makes you expand 3 at a time over and over, which is incredibly tedious.

I think it's bad idea if you intend to limit research that way, because then it makes research all about spending money to complete the research, which is very tedious doing over and over, and not about the size of the R&D.  Also, at some point it becomes very expensive to spend complete the research, and impractical to do the research normally since you're limited in the size of your R&D, which means everyone will eventually be at the same tech level in most products.

In the old version, it would show in your markets an estimate for how long your current stock will last, and your market share.  Seems to be disabled in this version.

Those are some good catches Zaz, and congratulations on becoming a millionaire in minutes.  LoL.  I think that I put some safe guards in place now.

Yeah, I plan on re-configuring the R&D, research times tech levels at some point.

Yes the market script is unfortunately one that was almost completely broken.   I removed most of the script and re-wrote the other half.  I still have much re-writing to do on that one. 
Thank you,
BetterMember

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 15, 2018, 08:27:36 am »

You need to look at the unit cost of produced goods as they drop into warehouse. Seems something is missing or getting dropped from costs. Buying from the B2B, shows the right costs as you purchased, no problems there. But your own production always shows lower unit cost in the warehouse than what was show when producing at the factory?

A simple example would be electricity, its been showing as 0.03 production costs per unit on the plants at production, but when it hits the warehouse it shows as costing only 0.01 per unit. Happens to the other goods too and it looks like it is having a knock on effect to unit production costs down the line.

Another example:
10,771 stock left in warehouse showing 0.10 unit cost for an intermediate good.
95,018 in production of this good which showed 0.08 cost at the factory.
Goods are finished, and I set my line all producing for the next day, leaving me with 17188 left in the warehouse which now show as 0.06 unit cost...

The production cost of my final good as show on the factory last couple of days, 0.31 - 0.32, warehouse stock right now, showing 0.28 unit cost.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2329 on: July 15, 2018, 08:57:12 am »

Have you bought electricity from the market?
I think bought inventory adjusts the production costs in relation to how much you paid for however many goods, as compared to the stock you already have.
Just spitballing as I'm pretty new to this too.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 15, 2018, 09:09:05 am »

Also, you need to look at the RS for the Petroleum chain of goods.

Gasoline - Has no way to research currently.

Petroleum - classed as 'refined natural resourses', although this comes straight from ground & the Well-Pump at the start of the chain, is researchable in the green tech building. This building researches chemical minerals & Polyethylene which are both produced at the end of the chain building the Poly-Plant (Chem.Minerals, Polyethylene, Plastic, Gasoline).

Oil - classed as 'Natural resources', researchable with Mining Tech, although this is made either with a Prep-Plant refined from Petroleum, or can be made from Well-Pad using water, sand & chemical mineral (which itself comes from Poly-Plant + Mineral from a mine).

So, those last 2 are mixed up category wise and research wise.
Petroluem is the Natural resource coming from the ground, and the Oil is the refined natural resource, refined either from Petroleum or Minerals. I suppose it doesnt help since the names, icons aren't the best choices -- Petroleum using 'Crude oil barrel' icon, Oil using a black oil drop which happens to look like crude oil too.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:36 am »

Have you bought electricity from the market?
I think bought inventory adjusts the production costs in relation to how much you paid for however many goods, as compared to the stock you already have.
Just spitballing as I'm pretty new to this too.

Yea clearly that happens. But it doesnt change anything to what I have said. Im talking about an empty warehouse and prices of goods that are produced only (4 goods, all show less cost in warehouse then what factory displayed). Either way, no one is selling electric at 0.01, and although my memory isn't the best... I would remember if someone was selling me hoards of 0.01 electric each day to plumit my costs  8)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 15, 2018, 01:18:44 pm »

Just joined... and it seems like nobody's bothered to incorporate yet.

I guess the problem right now is getting enough of a manufacturing chain going to start producing consumer goods, because it seems like most of the stuff on the market is raw materials.

Edit: seems like most of the consumer goods require fairly comprehensive manufacturing chains to produce.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:36:13 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 15, 2018, 05:43:22 pm »

The game requires "fame level > 5" to initiate an IPO.  If I remember right, fame is only gained through quests, which are disabled.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 16, 2018, 04:17:26 am »

As for wrong prices in warehouse - it seems it doesn't include building salaries and maintenance, which stacks heavily if you are doing production chains by yourself as resources counts price from warehouse.

Is marketing disabled (you can't set anything in marketing modal and slider looks like has no value range)? It wasn't a few days ago. Is it because people exploited it heavily?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 16, 2018, 05:20:56 am »

Don't believe the previous version accounted for salary/maintenance with cost either.  Probably cause you pay them full price, even when they are doing absolutely nothing.

Would be nice to see a breakdown of wages/maintenance per building, at the very least.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 16, 2018, 06:30:30 am »

Don't believe the previous version accounted for salary/maintenance with cost either.  Probably cause you pay them full price, even when they are doing absolutely nothing.

Would be nice to see a breakdown of wages/maintenance per building, at the very least.

well there's that too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: July 16, 2018, 08:58:21 am »

Huh, I suppose having played this before absolutely killed any curiosity for the blue info stuff.  Though, I suppose I never remembered looking at it in the old version either.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: July 16, 2018, 09:26:14 am »

bug: a reset doesn't reset the company counter, so I now get:

"The cost of your next company will be $ 38.7 M to secure all the land permits. You are considered high risk for the sale of 10 previously owned companies"

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2339 on: July 16, 2018, 09:39:11 am »

I mean, assuming that's come up because of 10 resets, and not that you actually sold 10 companies before reset, that kinda sounds reasonable.
Probably not an intended feature though.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 160