Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Cry from Beyond and other writing  (Read 660 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
The Cry from Beyond and other writing
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:41:29 am »

Oh hi guise.

The Cry from Beyond:
In the night, in my sleep. A strange dream.
A cry making my body tremble, filling me with terror.
A strange call from sources unknown. As if from another world.
As if it came from the mouth of a creature, in the deepest ravines imagineable.

Red rock upon a violet sky, lit by a different star, a strange light.
An old and lonely Colossus, roaming the lifeless wastes of his homeworld.
A beast calling for its kind. A ghastly beckoning. Drawn towards the gate.
Strange formations, distorted space/time, a hole in cosmos.

Called to pass the gate, baited into the trap. It closes shut and i am stuck.
In a world different to me, where even the rules of sleep are void. I cannot wake, i cannot sleep.
Stuck inbetween states of consciousness. Vague visions of this horrible world i am stuck in.
Where no life dwells, and where no death comes. Fear of immortality, an attempt to seize my undying.

Apprehension, its steps upon the crumbling rock, closing in. My heart stopping, but with no effect.
Seized by fear, its giant shadow blocking out the sun. A thousand tentacles, scaly arms with menacing claws,
looming red eyes upon a lizards head, but with the legs of a horse, an iron tail. Mechanical appartus,
a pipe organ sticking out of its back. Wings of the brightest material. A knife cutting open its stomach from the inside,
two bony hands parting the flaps of the incision. Unspeakable horror inside, black and charred, glowing cat eyes.
Never heed the cry from beyond or you will see its vicious taunting smile, i still abhor this day.

Title redacted because its stupid:
Reality disappearing out of my grasp, what are theese things? Why dont they make sense anymore?
Loosing contact with the earth, im floating in antigravity towards the infinite. Acrophobia: Fear of heights?
Covered in another slimy layer of lies and illusion, stuck in a fading sequence.
"What is this? Why is the food im eating turning to dust in my mouth? Why is the wine i am drinking turning to fire? Where are my teeth? Ashes? God, you asshole!"

The world crumbling to nothingness infront of me, Jesus with his flaming sword on the left, and Satan and his damned legion on the right.
Can we stand the revelation? Can we take theese unspeakable facts?
Unsettling to the point of inducing madness. A voice like gravity, temptation.
"Get off the floor, walk with me in hell"

Hades glows red hot, waiting for you, welcome inside!
Fantasy takes over, a natural opiate for the weak escapist.
Dragons rising from their mountain dwellings.
The ghost ships rising from the horizon, pirates and buckaneers, an adventurous boy, Lovecraft's child, a new Randolf Carter.
Stars forming and exploding in matter of seconds, painting the starry night sky vivid in colours.

Welcome to the dream world, where the friendly ghasts dwell in the underworld, and the dreamers cross the brigde across the 'Skai'
You descended the stairs of sleep, passed the gates of deeper slumber and here's your reward, a life in eternity.
A river flowing through a jungle, a riverside temple of all beuty, where my darling was born. The summer residence of the king of theese lands.
My wicked child, dont fear the slavedrivers from the dreamworld moon! The cats of Ulthor are here to protect you, to save you soon!
Do like Carter did, save a kitten. They will be in boundless debt to you!

Some fragment of a text i never finished:
Disconnected from reality, stuck in a monsters bowels, swirling in protocosmic dust.
Disoriented, distorted, Agitated Visuals blinding, stuck in an extradimensional maze, pushed into a pocket of reality, stuck in an everchanging maze.
Its horrible figures, three dimensional faces of a four dimensional being,

This is a cut out from a story i am currently writing, named "Somewhere in Nevada":
Somewhere in Nevada, not many months after the Soviets seized most of America.
The red scare, it would never go away, everyone hated and feared the communists.
Most of the worlds urban centres were destroyed by various means, nobody knows the exact means.
Some theorise some superpower with weapons of mass destruction, some says its aliens, some says its god.

It was a silent clear morning in Mesquite, somewhere in Nevada. The women and children hiding in the basements. The men out salvaging a recently crashed B-12 bomber.
A single man, his eyes covered by goggles and long red beard protected by a piece of cloth, he stood in a guard tower, scouting over the horizon waving with heat.

"What the hell kinda redneck fix is this?" Kane said, a younger black man.
"I mean, look at this, they fixed the fuel tank with tape, fucking tape"
"Tape ye say?" it came behind the wild beard of old John, AKA. that asshole with the cowboy hat. Not much more was heard from him.
A gust pushed the dislogded wing around outside, a bit of dust whirled into the wreck.

Comments, Constructive/Destructive criticism and highfives appreciated.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?