Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102673 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - No Blood in the Night [Day 4]
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »

Native: Then start "putting our shit together". Do you have any questions for anyone? Do you have any insights, any leads?

I'm attempting to reason it all out, but trying to figure out how the game plays out with a Cult in it is giving me a headache, especially with the mechanics of a cult (if there is one) not on display, as far as I can see it. The ambiguity does make things interesting, I guess.

Anyone could be Cult by this point, and I don't have any solid scum leads. The best I've got is a pretty vague feeling about Urist and Shakerag, but nothing you could hang a hat on. Maybe the night will shed some light, if we get to the night at all.

Do you have anything to say or lines of questioning to pursue that could warrant that extend?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »

I'm real interested in hearing back from Shakerag and I have a feeling that Jack is town. Other than that, I don't have any strong leads.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2012, 07:05:00 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Bookthras: 
NativeForeigner: Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T, Hapah
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah: 

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, Shakerag

Day 4 will last until Thursday 5/10 at 11 PM EST, ~3 hours from now.

One extend request heard.  Two needed to extend the day.

Mod: If a Cultist tries to Convert Person A, and the Mafia kills Person A the same night, do Person A flip as Cult or as their original alignment?

Conversions are the same class as a kill.  That would make them simultaneous, so said person would flip Cult, assuming he was convertable in the first place.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2012, 07:06:47 pm »

Hmm. That helps me reason out the cult-think, if nothing else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:57 pm »

Thread locked to process day-end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2012, 10:10:07 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Bookthras: 
NativeForeigner: Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T, Hapah, Shakerag
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah: 

Not Voting: NativeForeigner

Much as yesterday, there is a great consensus.  NativeForeigner steps up to the door.

"Fine.  You're wrong, but there's no point in arguing.  Thankfully, I've been studying this door.  I think the trick is right..."

A poisoned bolt proves him wrong.  Someone cuts his throat as a mercy.

Nothing points this Bard out as a guilty party.  Tired after ceaseless arguing, you separate for a rest.

NativeForeigner has been lynched!  He was a Bard (Town).

Night 4 has begun!  Night 4 will last until Friday, 5/11 at 11 PM EST.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - A poor choice [Night 4]
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:29 pm »

Another morning dawns (You assume, at least- there's no sunlight down here) without any bloodshed.  What is going on here?

The arguing is quick to take hold.

Day 5 has begun!  Day 5 will last until Wednesday, 5/16 at 11 PM EST.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Same Shit, Different Day [Day 5]
« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:43 pm »

I was blocked despite my ranger training by an entangling aura. I did get my armor enchanted though, so thanks for that.

If there are three scum it's LyLo. My recommendation: Full claims from everyone. Role, alignment, actions performed, other actions known, inventory (including how and when each item was acquired). Posted it already? Too bad, post it again.

Spoiler: I'll start (click to show/hide)

Questioning later when I'm less tired.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »

Actually, two questions for Toaster:

1) Does the user of a Scroll of Ill Will learn what effect was applied?
2) Does the target of a Scroll of the Clear Mind receive an indication of such?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2012, 07:44:38 am »

Actually, two questions for Toaster:

2) Does the target of a Scroll of the Clear Mind receive an indication of such?

1)  Yes.
2)  Not unless a redirect is prevented.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2012, 09:08:01 am »

So Bookthras, what did your scroll of Ill Will do to Native and why didn't you say this earlier?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2012, 01:15:35 pm »

1)  Yes.
Hmm. The flavour was ambiguous ("malignant aura" sort of thing), and from the scroll description I assumed I wouldn't know which effect was triggered, which is what I said. Now I've clarified with Toaster, and he confirms the "lose random item" effect was applied, and where the clues were in the flavour. Yes, they were there, but I dismissed them at the time for the reasons above.

On other things, Jack: why have you failed to answer my questions? Shakerag: you have been too quiet, delurked only to jump on Native's wagon, and also have pending questions. Please rectify that.

Native's flip makes me uneasy. He was scummy enough, but he didn't flip scum. Perhaps we should review our assumptions? As was mentioned before, Toaster is creative with factions and an earlier game had two separate scum teams. Is it possible Tiruin didn't have a buddy, and there's a whole mess of third parties? Or a separate scum team that either doesn't have a kill, or a reason not to have used it?

As for where to go today, I'm still pretty sure Hapah and Shake can't be Tiruin's scumbuddy, but that's pretty much all. My top picks at the moment are Jack and Shakerag, for reasons explained yesterday and above, though I still there is still something odd about a couple of Imiknorris' early comments, and his interactions with Jack.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »

A couple more thoughts:

a) This is Shakerag's pretty much only contentful post in the whole D4. It excels at hedging, being passive, and promising more content after a reread, which never came. Reading it with hindsight it seems more scummy that it did yesterday. Shakerag: promising more content and failing to deliver is a pretty common move by scum, especially this late in the game as an excuse to lurk to victory. Please jump in, answer the pending questions, and give us your updated read on Hapah and Jack and the state of the game.

b) Could Native have been a death anti-miller? (i.e., a scum that flips town due to a unique power/attribute/item.)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2012, 02:34:02 pm »

Is it possible Tiruin didn't have a buddy, and there's a whole mess of third parties?
Solo Mafia is a serial killer, Book. Tiruin was not a serial killer. The Mafia alignment by its very nature strongly implies multiple members. The flavor from Tiruin's death also strongly implies multiple members.

It's interesting how your main focus is third parties, even at the expense of finding the other mafioso/i. Perhaps that's because you are one? Let's do some process of elimination:

I am town.
Shakerag was targeted by the scum kill. (although I love how you're calling him scum despite that)
Hapah protected Shakerag from the scum kill.

Therefore, none of us three are mafia. That leaves you and Jack. I highly doubt Jack would be so stupid as to risk death when his only scumbuddy's lynch was inevitable, so either Jack is non-scum or there are three scum - and both scenarios point directly toward your scumhood.

As for a false flip, I highly doubt that would happen. RL Mafia may not be exactly normal, but it isn't bastardly enough for that to be anywhere near likely. Mod: Are false role/alignment flips possible in any capacity in this game?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2012, 02:52:26 pm »

Short on time, but one thing did catch my eye.

Urist: If you are reasonably convinced that me and Shakerag are town (or at least, not scum), why attempt to use your Greater Treasure scroll on Jack, one of the two people who you suspect may actually BE scum?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35