Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102698 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

Jack A T: If you were scum who would you want to eliminate and who do you think would want to eliminate you if you were town?

Urist: If you had to choose between priest or thief what would you choose, and why?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:43 pm »

Shakerag, there are no actual /items/ in the list! Except for poisoning and randomizing, anyway.

In which case I suppose I'd rather go with poisoning - poisoning at least gives me a chance of hitting scum, while randomizing seems more like a way to give town unreliable information.

(This is assuming you don't have access to some more thorough list of items than me)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 09:40:27 pm »

Shakerag, there are no actual /items/ in the list! Except for poisoning and randomizing, anyway.

GlyphGryph: Check the tabs at the bottom.

Jack A T: If you were scum who would you want to eliminate and who do you think would want to eliminate you if you were town?
Mr. Dwarfinton: Who I would want to eliminate as scum: GlyphGryph.  He's experienced, and I don't know much about him.  Not a combination I would want to deal with as scum.
Who would want to eliminate me if I was town: I'm assuming you're looking for people who, as scum, would want to kill town me.  Based on prior experience, nobody is likely to want me dead immediately (I don't think anyone's ever listed me as someone they would want to NK quickly if they were scum, and I almost never get NKed).  There's really too many variations between games for me to guess much beyond that.

Flandre: If you were scum, which players would you fear most if they were town?  How about the other way around?
From what I have seen, it would probably be Urist Imiknorris and Glyphgryph either way. It's a bit of an uninformed answer, but there it is.
Flandre: Any specific reasons?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 10:35:19 pm »

Native: Who would you most prefer to have on a scumteam with you?

Well, I know Jack A T is a reliable scum player, so him.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

Tiruin: Which artifact do you think would be most useful for the town?
An artifact that prevents death. Actually, I have no idea as I don't know where the list of artifacts are, but that is my best idea.

Jack: How does newbies in a game affect your scumhunting strategy?

Tiruin: As town, how would you treat the first day differently than a vanilla game?
Flandre: No different than any other day or game. Seriously.

If you were a Paladin, on what basis would you inspect other players if you choose to use your scroll and why?

Flandre:  If you were scum and couldn't choose random, which class would you pick?
It would probably be the Priest, since protecting my scumbuddies would seem to be a smart move.
How would it possibly be a smart move, if I may ask?

Dariush: Why do you think nobody is asking you anything? Except for this.

Nevertheless, what is your most favorite class here if scum? If town?

Darvi: How did you get in twice?!

Also, who would you most prefer as a scumbuddy? Who would you prefer the least, and why on both?

NativeForeigner: How are you going to approach Day 1 scumhunting?

GlyphGryph: If you were a Ranger, how would you act during the day in order to lean on your advantage, or not?

Shakerag: Where did you get that avatar? Also, let's say you are a scum Paladin and was inspected, how would you react?

Urist I.: Do you think flavor is useful here?

Mr. Dwarfinton: What shortened name would you accept so we can type your name easier? And what class would you favor over the rest, if town and if scum, and why?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »

Mr. Dwarfinton: What shortened name would you accept so we can type your name easier? And what class would you favor over the rest, if town and if scum, and why?

Refer to me as MrD. For scum I would choose warrior since I could bypass block and for town I'd choose bard since who wouldn't want to be a bard?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:32:54 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:27 pm »

Tiruin: Like I typically do, keep track of everything and answer questions until something interesting catches my eye.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:22 pm »

O sing my men
And pray, doth tell
Why we are here
In this boring hell

Find the treasure
and seek the Grail
Forsooth, tis' pleasure
Or so the stories tell

I sing all day
And strum all night
For my ears are keen
And my eyes are bright

~Tralala-la-lalala...

Refer to me as MrD. For scum I would choose warrior since I could bypass block and for town I'd choose bard since who wouldn't want to be a bard?

Why would you specifically want to be a bard? Concrete reasons, please.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 11:35:25 pm »

Because I get 2 items, one is uncommon. Gotta get all the advantages I can since I'm new and dying during day 1 isn't all that fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:21 pm »

Please do not edit your posts- even to fix a typo.  Double posting is perfectly fine here.

Also, the Roguelike Information Sheet has a complete list of all items that can drop.  Third parties may or may not have unique items (see RM 3 for an example.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 11:56:00 pm »

Because I get 2 items, one is uncommon. Gotta get all the advantages I can since I'm new and dying during day 1 isn't all that fun.
Why the lack of confidence I sense, there? What makes you think that you are liable for death during day 1?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 11:57:26 pm »

Toaster, that's the list I was talking about. It only lists two possible items - poison, and randomize. Plus a couple of modifiers to how they would work.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 12:06:44 am »

Sorry, I just wanted to make it look better.

Why the lack of confidence I sense, there? What makes you think that you are liable for death during day 1?

Stranger things have happened than a new guy getting lynched on day 1.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:54 am »

Toaster, that's the list I was talking about. It only lists two possible items - poison, and randomize. Plus a couple of modifiers to how they would work.

Try this link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvFsNFGsoA1KdGZsTVZfY3VmX0w3OVhoRk5PaEl5NVE&authkey=CI-PoZUM&hl=en&authkey=CI-PoZUM#gid=0
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 01:17:33 am »

Okay, THAT one works. Sweet. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35