Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102262 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »

Well ... derp.  I was about to reply with something snarky about you not reading the setup, but then I realized it was the other game I'm in (Supernatural 5) that specified the size of the scumteam, not this one.  So, yeah, my reason is getting two games mixed up. 
Shakerag, the size of the scumteam in the other game was never specified (that I have seen). Was that sort of information publicly available? Otherwise, I am in the uncomfortable position of either knowing something I shouldn't, or believing that you are covering up a scum-slip here with false information.

Fourth paragraph, first sentence.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »

Shakerag, the size of the scumteam in the other game was never specified (that I have seen).
Day 1 flavour says it.

E:

I also have english as a second language :I
Same here. Technically.
Darvi:*Experienced unreadables are high priority inspection targets too, for the same basic reason as inexperienced players: unreadability.
*Experienced players, as a general group, vary in readability.  I would much rather inspect an unreadable player than a more readable player, whether either is experienced or not.
*And experienced players are prone to getting killed quickly.  Your point?
No point, just asked for clarification, which you gave.

If I remember correctly, part of Dariush's scum-meta is that he turns down the flames. So far he hasn't directly insulted anybody and the amount of profanities is smaller than expected. That might be because he's busy, but even in the couple posts he made since his (not so)RVS vote he hasn't actually tried to contribute anything, which is why my vote stays on him for now.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »

Unvote

Not going to vote a person because English isn't their first language and they made mistake.

MrD:  If you had an inspect ability, who would you use it on tonight?

If I had an inspect ability I'd probably use it on Dariush to see if the belief that he was scum was true or false.

Tiruin: If you were scum who would you not want as town and who would you not want on your scumteam?

Flandre: Who would you want to be town regardless if you were scum or not.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2012, 03:17:06 pm »

Fourth paragraph, first sentence.
Okay, my mistake. Thanks.

No one. As scum, I would not want to go against any player I'd prefer on my side as town.

Mr. Dwarfington: Which would be your preferred rare item, and least preferred rare item, and why?

GlyphGryph: Is there an instance where the Staff of Shapeshift could be useful in the hands of a townie?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2012, 03:51:23 pm »

Mr. Dwarfington: Which would be your preferred rare item, and least preferred rare item, and why?

Staff of inspect so I can determine if voting on a person is correct. Least valuable is Helmet of Telepathy because it's basically Scroll Of Mail except you can include who you are.

Flandre nice slip when you answered my question. The question never said 'Who would you want to be town if you were scum' it was 'Who would you want to be town regardless if you were scum or not.'

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2012, 04:25:11 pm »

Flandre nice slip when you answered my question. The question never said 'Who would you want to be town if you were scum' it was 'Who would you want to be town regardless if you were scum or not.'
I meant exactly what I said.

No one. As scum, I would not want to go against any player I'd prefer on my side as town.
Read: As scum, I would not want to go against any player I'd prefer on my side as town.
In other words, any player that town-me would want as an ally, scum-me would not want as an enemy.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2012, 05:36:26 pm »

Going to have to be replaced, sorry. Going to be very busy over the next two weeks.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 07:55:10 pm »

Analysis finished. Dear god that took too long. Ratings are based both on the content, size, frequency, and type of post a player made. Fed through a rather complicated algorithm (executed by myself, rather than the computer, to keep it fair) I got the following results for activity levels:

Native Foreigner - 4
Imiknorris - 6 (not counting posts asking for replacement)
Dariush - 11
Jack - 12
Darvi - 14
Shaker - 14
Flandre - 14
Dwarf - 15
Tiruin - 22

I think the results here are pretty clear, so...

NativeForeigner why the FUCK haven't you done anything in the slightest bit useful this entire day? You've only responded when prompted, your response has been minimal, and you've no sign or interest in anything other than flying under the radar. So go hang, scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »

Can someone please explain the Dariush dogpile to me? I mean, sure, everyone loves to dogpile Dariush, and getting out of the way on day one could well be a good thing, but I... haven't really seen anything scummy from him (yet). I mean, his word choice wasn't even improper for a hypothetical, and that seems to be the primary argument against him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:11 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Dariush:  Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T, Darvi
Darvi: 
Tiruin:  Dariush
NativeForeigner: Shakerag, GlyphGryph,
GlyphGryph:
Shakerag: Tiruin
Urist Imiknorris:
Flandre:  Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton:

Not Voting:  NativeForeigner, Flandre

Day 1 will last until Friday, 4/20 at 11 PM EST, ~90 minutes from now.

Urist Imkinorris has requested a replacement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

NativeForeigner why the FUCK haven't you done anything in the slightest bit useful this entire day? You've only responded when prompted, your response has been minimal, and you've no sign or interest in anything other than flying under the radar. So go hang, scum.

Geez, what's with the hostility? I'm almost positive I said that on D1 I usually hang back and look out for something interesting. I dislike getting involved in RVS nonsense and unless I'm online when D1 has just started, I have trouble thinking of an original, useful RVS question. I keep up with what's going on and only say something if I have something to add. So far, the Dariush thing has been the only thing to catch my attention, but I'm not entirely convinced that that was an actual scumslip, and I definitely wouldn't lynch someone because of it.

You're awfully quick to call me out as scum for no reason other than I've been relatively inactive D1. Do you always shoot for the "lurkers" D1 or do you sometimes do something useful?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shooting for lurkers IS useful day 1, when getting a solid scum read on someone is difficult.

But the fact is, the day is about to end. We're better off lynching someone than no one. You said you've been watching and paying attention - well, you have an hour to show that by actually voting for someone. Maybe even making a case against them. I'm fine with the fact that you spent most of the day hanging back, but we're now less than an hour from lynch, and you're doing nothing - except deflecting.

You've had the entire day now - you really haven't seen anything even slightly interesting? You've got no opinion on who we should lynch? Do you think we should no-lynch, or just pick out of a hat?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shooting for lurkers IS useful day 1, when getting a solid scum read on someone is difficult.

But the fact is, the day is about to end. We're better off lynching someone than no one. You said you've been watching and paying attention - well, you have an hour to show that by actually voting for someone. Maybe even making a case against them. I'm fine with the fact that you spent most of the day hanging back, but we're now less than an hour from lynch, and you're doing nothing - except deflecting.

You've had the entire day now - you really haven't seen anything even slightly interesting? You've got no opinion on who we should lynch? Do you think we should no-lynch, or just pick out of a hat?

You're really trying to intimidate me into voting? And just what do you plan to do if I don't vote, keep your vote on me? Yeah, that'll be useful. I'm not voting because I don't have a strong enough reading to call anyone out as scum. When I do vote, it'll be because I think that person is scum, not because I'm obligated to vote by the end of D1. I'm also not deflecting. I answered your question and presented one of my own.

Other than the situation with Dariush, I haven't seen anything that raises red flags, and no original questions have come to mind. I've already expressed my opinion, I don't think Dariush should be lynched. Unless we have a strong lead, I feel that no-lynches are more useful D1. Picking out of a hat is generally useless unless you get lucky.

Other than me, who are your scum picks?

Why aren't you following that up with a question? Seems to be a relatively small offense to call someone out on that alone.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWODP:

In fact, I will go ahead and vote for a no-lynch and maybe an extend. This Dariush mishap has taken the attention off of almost everyone else and little has been done since, so many of the votes on Dariush are still there because no one has a) bothered to check the thread since they voted or b) might think he's scum but is still going on just his phrasing. I don't like either of those situations.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll agree with Native on this one. I don't like voting for the sake of voting, and The attack on Dariush is a weak one.

No lynch.
Extend.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35