Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102536 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurr, no-lynch was supposed to be red, sorry.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

With 10 players, 4 extend requests are required.  With two, day is over.

Thread closed for day end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2012, 10:54:00 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Dariush:  Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T, Darvi
Darvi: 
Tiruin:  Dariush
NativeForeigner: Shakerag, GlyphGryph,
GlyphGryph:
Shakerag: Tiruin
Urist Imiknorris:
Flandre:  Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton:

No Lynch:  NativeForeigner

Not Voting:  Flandre

After a day’s discussion, Dariush is chosen for odd claims he has made.  He spits with rage, but the group forces him to the door.

“Well, I think this trap goes here... yes, that’s disarmed... and if I move this lever...”

If he moves that lever, a spike shoots out and impales him.  He collapses and is dead within a minute.  His dying words are a song of rage- befitting a Bard’s death.

However, there is no evidence of wrongdoing on him.  It seems you have killed an innocent.

Worriedly, you break for a rest.  It’s been a long day.

Dariush has been lynched!  He was a Bard (Town).

Night 1 has begun!  Night 1 will last until Monday, 4/22 at 11 PM.  Since night stretches over a weekend, I may end the night earlier (but in no less than 24 hours) if all night actions are in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Swan Song [Night 1] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:48 pm »

As the group awakens from the rest, the arguments begin as soon as two people gather.  They are stilled by a scream.  Rushing to its source, you find the corpse of GlyphGryph.  His transmuter robes are stained with his blood that surely came from his cut throat.  There’s no sign of misdeed about his person.

Everyone else is still alive, though, and the arguments begin anew.

GlyphGryph has been killed!  He was a Transmuter (Town).

Day 2 has begun!  Day 2 will last until Thursday, 4/26 at **10 PM**.

There are eight items in the public pool.

*I will be out of town Friday/Saturday and will likely need to crash early, so the day's ending an hour early for my sake.  Should there be an extension, the game will be extended to Monday.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I ever wanted... *cough* ...was a really... nice... pair... of boouuuughhhhh- *dies*

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Ok.  I have been and am drinking, so I'll save analysis for the morning and just toss out the facts here.  I used a Scroll of Scrying on GG last night.  He didn't go anywhere, but Urist Imiknorris and Tiruin came knockin'.  Unfortunately, I do not know what either of them did. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait a minute ...

Okay, so did Urist I send in an action last night despite needing a replacement, or ... did the scumteam vote to have him perform the NK last night? 

Urist Imiknorris:  Are you still here?  Did you send in an action last night?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

So there's 4 possibilities here.
1)Urist killed hir and Shake caught him.
2)Tiruin killed hir and Shake caught him.
3)Shake killed him and uses a scumbuddy's inspect result to frame the other two.
4)Jack got targeted by the NK but survived because of my Scroll of Hallucination and either Urist or Tiruin vigkilled GG.

I don't know if the Hallucination Scroll tells me about failed kills. But Shakerag being the killer means he would expose himself for one or two mislynches. Not something I would see scum do, but I also I have no specific reason to suspect Tiruin or Shakerag over Urist and I wouldn't let is past scum to use somebody who asks for a replacement for a kill, so I'll vote him for the time being. Also, should it come to it, losing a non-player is an acceptable loss.

Tiruin, what exactly did you do to GG?
Jack, did you get told about a failed kill-attempt on yourself?
Native, why did you vote for nolynch and why didn't you suspect anybody enough to vote for them?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if it's not one, it's the other. Urist.

Darvi: As stated, I voted for a no-lynched because everyone was too focused on Dariush's grammar mistake to do anything useful that day.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

So the enchant armor scroll didn't work.

Even though I'm up for replacement, Toaster still looks to me for night actions, just like in BYOP.

Tiruin.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Timezones stopped me from replying in day one.

Unvote

Not going to vote a person because English isn't their first language and they made mistake.

Tiruin: If you were scum who would you not want as town and who would you not want on your scumteam?
I'm not sure if you mean 'not want as town' as people, for I am practically viewing everyone as an equal target. Preferring Flandre, as I guess her play isn't different when town or scum. Hard to decide actually, I've never played with the people here enough to know their style.

I would prefer anyone in my team, if they know how to work as a team in acting but individually in their day game. Everyone here seems good enough. No offense, but you (Mr. Dwarfinton) seem like the best choice there, for experience reasons.

I used a Scroll of Paralysis on GlyphGryph.

Not voting anyone at the moment, PFP and re-reading thread, but I'm truly sure I didn't kill him. Unless Paralysis kills somehow...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

I can confirm the use of a redirecting item on me.  I tried to inspect Dwarfinton last night, but was redirected (apparently by Darvi) to Urist Imiknorris.  By the way, I got a town result on Urist Imiknorris.  This does not clear Imiknorris (paladins, items...), but it should be considered in lynch decisions.

Jack, did you get told about a failed kill-attempt on yourself?
Darvi: No.

Hey guys, I have a revelation for you. English is my second language. For some reason I thought everyone here knew that. Well, I still think everyone does, but some choose to ignore that. Yes, I contracted 'would not' as 'won't'. Anyone who has a problem with that can go fuck himself.

...Y'know what?  My vote on Dariush is no longer an RVS vote.  Nice going, Dariush.  I await your explanation.
Oooh, nice. Explanation for what?
The apparent slip.

Shakerag/Darvi/Tiruin/Urist (if he's here): Why did you target your specific targets?

Toaster: Does a Scroll of Hallucination tell the target about any failed kill attempts against him/her?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Taking into account the potential town result on Urist, I think I'm gonna unvote and go with my guy on Tiruin.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:40 am »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris: Shakerag, Darvi
Flandre: 
Mr. Dwarfinton:

Not Voting:  Flandre, Jack A T, Mr. Dwarfinton, Tiruin

Toaster: Does a Scroll of Hallucination tell the target about any failed kill attempts against him/her?

A protected target knows if the protect(s) triggered.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shakerag/Darvi/Tiruin/Urist (if he's here): Why did you target your specific targets?

I chose to watch GG because I believe him to be a fairly strong and competent player, and he was being rather detailed about going through the thread and looking at everyone's posts.  I figured scum might feel threatened by someone like that, so I wanted to see if he'd get targeted (and, as a side bonus, see if he'd do anything to anyone else to try and confirm his alignment). 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35