Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102633 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I targeted GlyphGryph mostly on a hunch that something might be going on with him, it was mostly based on how he sorted:
Native Foreigner - 4
Imiknorris - 6 (not counting posts asking for replacement)
Dariush - 11
Jack - 12
Darvi - 14
Shaker - 14
Flandre - 14
Dwarf - 15
Tiruin - 22

Just caught my eye, wondered how he could numerate all posts and such. Was thinking he was holding something back.

And, gah. Messed up my post.

Spoiler: Real Post (click to show/hide)

Shakerag: GG was being detailed in exactly what way?

Darvi:
So there's 4 possibilities here.

4)Jack got targeted by the NK but survived because of my Scroll of Hallucination and either Urist or Tiruin vigkilled GG.
How did Jack get caught up in all this in relation to GlyphGryph as a possibility?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Shakerag: GG was being detailed in exactly what way?

His post analysis post.  Reading through every post and using some algorithm to rank the players seemed like a pretty detailed thing to do to me. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I chose GlyphGryph because I didn't have much of a read on anyone at the time, and figured he would be the most likely scum target if he was town, for the same reason Shakerag cited - he was a competent player being thorough.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Blargh internet broke prematurely while I was reading this yesterday.

Not a good thing to happen, will have to catch up during recess.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How did Jack get caught up in all this in relation to GlyphGryph as a possibility?
Because it could've been possible that somebody vigkilled GG and the actual kill got prevented by a block (like mine). Basically GG would be a red herring, which as of Jack's and Toaster's posts, isn't so fishy at all.

So Tiruin, why did you figure it would be a good idea to block GG?

Shakerag/Darvi/Tiruin/Urist (if he's here): Why did you target your specific targets?
Urist was just a temporary, "safe" vote until the situation was cleared up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Tiruin, why did you figure it would be a good idea to block GG?

=snip=
That post, with that list. I wondered how he ranked people according to whatever method was possible, and, well, it was also partly based on what I said earlier - like he was hiding something. I also wondered why he(?) rated me highly from everyone else. While I could've asked him about that, I was offline and miscalculated the time from last votecount to the current time.

Ergo, couldn't post. That is basically the reason why I did such, the lack of posts from him, and mostly others weren't that tangible for my scroll.

-snip-

Then this post came up. Firstly, he ranked a person who said what his plan for the day was, going along the lines of lying-back-and-observing.

I don't like NF's meta though, observing while waiting for a slip while only answering questions back (until getting called on it) brushes me as strange, but it may be just my lack of general Mafia experience.

And lastly, Extend. Too little activity today. Flandre and Mr.D, where are you two?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
While I could've asked him about that, I was offline and miscalculated the time from last votecount to the current time.

Ergo, couldn't post.
And how did that make you unable to post? There's only one time that really needs remembering, and that's the time the day ends.

Then this post came up. Firstly, he ranked a person who said what his plan for the day was, going along the lines of lying-back-and-observing.

a) So?
b) Secondly?

Your reasoning is terrible. Also you haven't voted in an effort to avoid the commitment of having an opinion.

Darvi: I think Jack was referring to night actions.

Extend.

Workload decreasing. I should be able to play more again. Unrequest replacement.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Extend.

I'm going to need to reread this whole thing and actually place my vote somewhere with real thought put in to it, and that takes a bit of time.  Especially with people not actually posting.  For now, a preliminary Tiruin vote, mostly based on gut feeling (I think he's a bit more likely to be scum than Shakerag).

Correct.

Tiruin: Uh...
Ratings are based both on the content, size, frequency, and type of post a player made.
...doesn't Native's behaviour fully fit the criteria for a low score, according to the bit we know about GlyphGryph's algorithm?  Basically, what is your point?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your reasoning is terrible. Also you haven't voted in an effort to avoid the commitment of having an opinion.
One thing, I don't want to place in my vote until people get in here and talk. I had a feeling on Dariush on the first day after making my post, why exactly is my reasoning terrible?
And how did that make you unable to post? There's only one time that really needs remembering, and that's the time the day ends.
and I was sleeping during that lapse of time, followed by work. So I couldn't pitch in and post, obviously.

And about the list, how do you see it then, as that is what I inferred from it. Also, out of the rest, I did put the benefit of the doubt on him, as if he was scum then the roleblock would help. If not, then it wouldn't hurt anyone at all, I guess.

PPE: Jack

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP:

And on the topic of his list, many posts during day 1 were mostly RVS and answers to the RVS questions.

But one thing hit me, why didn't anyone suspect, or state they suspected how GG rated them?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - The Tomb of the Forgotten King [Day 1]
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2012, 12:40:17 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner, Darvi, Jack A T
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris: Shakerag
Flandre: 
Mr. Dwarfinton:

Not Voting:  Flandre, Mr. Dwarfinton, Tiruin

Three requests for extension- day has been extended to Monday. (I'm unavailable to end the day Friday, so you get a mod-double extend.)

Day 2 will last until Monday, 4/30 at 11 PM.

Urist I is no longer requesting a replacement.

Flandre and Mr. Dwarfinton have been prodded.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
One thing, I don't want to place in my vote until people get in here and talk. I had a feeling on Dariush on the first day after making my post, why exactly is my reasoning terrible?
I was talking about your reasoning on GlyphGryph.

and I was sleeping during that lapse of time, followed by work. So I couldn't pitch in and post, obviously.
Timezones
Oh. I should read better.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2012, 09:34:33 am »

Where have all the people gone.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2012, 10:07:30 am »

Tiruin: You know, I kind of like it when people complete their posts before posting them.  Answers, please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Correct.
Oh. Ya well, I figured I could protect a potential kill-target. NF wasn't all that active so I figured scum wouldn't focus on him and I haven't played enough games with GG to judge their skill. Jack was the only other experienced person left.

Tiruin: What, exactly, was it about that list that made you so suspicious? As far as I see it, he made a list of people and assigned them values depending on how well, or at least actively, they played. And by "As far as I see it" I mean he outright stated it".

Who do you think is most likely scum at this point and why aren't you voting them?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35