Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 102472 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

But one thing hit me, why didn't anyone suspect, or state they suspected how GG rated them?
Tiruin, I'm going to second Darvi's line of thinking here.  Why go back to this point now?  GG's dead and flipped town, so what good would it do us to suspect GG's list at this point? 

Even though I'm up for replacement, Toaster still looks to me for night actions, just like in BYOP.
Can you elaborate here?  Are you saying that Toaster PM'd you for an action even though you were up for replacement? 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2012, 04:19:25 pm »

Even though I'm up for replacement, Toaster still looks to me for night actions, just like in BYOP.
Can you elaborate here?  Are you saying that Toaster PM'd you for an action even though you were up for replacement? 
He did that in BYOP (nights 2+3). When he sent me a PM with my questing find at day end (stating at the top that he'd still be sending me game info until a replacement was found), I figured he'd do the same here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2012, 05:42:07 pm »

I haven't had a lot of time to get on, I probably should have mentioned that 2 days ago. Anyway:

After reading all the stuff I missed, voting Tiruin even though he's a nice guy. He's trying to get us to inspect a list that a dude guy came up with even though it is sensible and he seems to be trying to avoid questions.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »

Dead guy not dude guy, oops.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »

Grah, thought I had posted about ~7 or so hours back before logging out.

...doesn't Native's behaviour fully fit the criteria for a low score, according to the bit we know about GlyphGryph's algorithm?  Basically, what is your point?

Yes, Native's behavior certainly fits the criteria for a low score, but my point revolved around the fact of his playstyle. Firstly, after browsing through the recent Mafias that he was in, it was the same thing every D1, mostly. Now, I was thinking that by logical and numerical analysis, based on the list, GlyphGryph was going to attack the one that had least participated in D1 - though, due to his meta. Then, GG throws in the lynch all lurkers at D1. I may be inexperienced (in D1 play), but that doesn't look like a great reason to go after him, maybe justified by said list.

Like I said, I could've asked him yesterday (Mafia term), but he made that post as I was logged off - sleeping. The confusion yesterday was mostly due to Dariush's wording, that which I didn't consider to be scummy at most.

Tiruin: What, exactly, was it about that list that made you so suspicious? As far as I see it, he made a list of people and assigned them values depending on how well, or at least actively, they played. And by "As far as I see it" I mean he outright stated it".

Who do you think is most likely scum at this point and why aren't you voting them?

Firstly, my thoughts were planned on Day 1, RVS and general searching and questioning. The activity, which is also based on playstyle or meta (like NF's hide in day 1 plan and observe) is liable to failure, but it also gives some evidence on who is active. (Pertaining to first question) It may be a Day 1 ploy to catch scum, or an original act to keep tabs on everyone, I couldn't ask him, nor did I see anyone else do such. Also, GlyphGryph, in reading other recent Mafias, is a predominantly powerful player when scum, another point for my action (the other being lack of leads). Hence:

But one thing hit me, why didn't anyone suspect, or state they suspected how GG rated them?

Who I think is scum, is either Shakerag or Urist I, which changed in the last 18 hours upon a good re-read. I did vote for one of them, in the post that should have been here as stated by the first sentence in this post, but due to technical error I am doing it now. See: Response to Shakerag.

Why can't you answer that question?

Tiruin, I'm going to second Darvi's line of thinking here.  Why go back to this point now?  GG's dead and flipped town, so what good would it do us to suspect GG's list at this point? 

I'm going back to that point, as that is the point in which my reasoning is based upon. See:Response to Darvi. Why aren't you and him not answering a simple question?

Shakerag. I know I am innocent, but lack any other way to prove it other than word. We have an inspect done on Urist I that states town, unsure if Paladin or not, but nobody even tries to question him as of this post. Also, you did state the fact that GG did not move to anyone - Paralysis.

Ok.  I have been and am drinking, so I'll save analysis for the morning and just toss out the facts here.  I used a Scroll of Scrying on GG last night.  He didn't go anywhere, but Urist Imiknorris and Tiruin came knockin'.  Unfortunately, I do not know what either of them did.

And it is stated in the description that specifies in the players only. Why would you put in that last sentence? Like you did something else and try to hide it there.

(and, as a side bonus, see if he'd do anything to anyone else to try and confirm his alignment).

How can he do anything to 'try and confirm his alignment' when your Scrying can only tell who actioned him, and who he actioned?

tl;dr: This: "Shake killed him and uses a scumbuddy's inspect result to frame the other two."

but firstly: Mod Toast: In the description of Enchant Armor was: 25% kill resistance, does this pertain to the scum NK, or to item usage that leads to death?

I haven't had a lot of time to get on, I probably should have mentioned that 2 days ago. Anyway:

After reading all the stuff I missed, voting Tiruin even though he's a nice guy. He's trying to get us to inspect a list that a dude guy came up with even though it is sensible and he seems to be trying to avoid questions.

Not trying to avoid questions, see the sentence at the top of this post. It had all the answers, which I will post again. See: Every other statement in this post.

Anyway, the list which I've stated was my reason before GlyphGryph flipped town. Basically, other than most of the debate yesterday (Mafia terms), he was suspicious from the list, as Dariush was doing a grammatical error and my vote was stuck on Shakerag due to...other-Mafia knowledge error, if that's the term for his derp.

What makes you vote for me, exactly, when I'm stating what drove me to block GG? Also, what then do you think is a good lead, if that is what I can see you try to do there? Who are your top scumpicks?

Hmm. Taking into account the potential town result on Urist, I think I'm gonna unvote and go with my guy on Tiruin.

So you, NativeForeigner, won't even try to get extra evidence from the one not under fire? And, go with who guy?

Also,
Well, if it's not one, it's the other. Urist.
What led you to the specific wording, before any of the persecuted could defend themselves?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »

We have an inspect done on Urist I that states town, unsure if Paladin or not
Ranger.

Mr. Dwarfinton:

Let's count what's wrong with this:

1) Bandwagon
2) "Even though he's a nice guy" - ass-covering if (when?) he flips town.
3) No questions. To anyone.

I still don't entirely trust Tiruin, but the paralysis scroll claim and his accusations toward Shakerag feel genuine to me. His tone is also making me less certain of his scumhood. Unvote.

Mr. D, you, on the other hand, are not hiding your scumhood very well at all.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:51 pm »

Tiruin: At the time (and still, really) I've been quite busy, so I was kind of hoping it would be a "lynch the one most likely to be scum, if he flips town, lynch the other" kind of thing. You're both putting out pretty good reasons why it's not you, but I don't see how it couldn't be at least one of you. Is there an item that hides actions? Also, "guy" was supposed to be "gut".

Mr. D: All you have to "add" is a parroting of Shakerag and Darvi? That comes off as a bus to me.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2012, 11:15:42 pm »

And another question to Mod:

Order of Operations are:
Redirection
Block
Bless/Curse
Item Manipulation
Protection
Inspection
Kills
Misc/Item Counts

Define 'Kill'?

@NativeForeigner:
Quote from: Tiruin link=topic=106934.msg3233188#msg3233188
Hmm. Taking into account the potential town result on Urist, I think I'm gonna unvote and go with my guy on Tiruin.

...So you, NativeForeigner, won't even try to get extra evidence from the one not under fire?...

Also, you tell me if there is an item that does hide actions, for I don't read any in the item list.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »

Also, you tell me if there is an item that does hide actions, for I don't read any in the item list.

Neither have I. Suppose I should go do that.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2012, 11:26:43 pm »

EBWODP: There doesn't appear to be an item below rare that disguises an action, so that means one of you two performed the kill.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2012, 11:34:36 pm »

Define 'Kill'?
I'll take this one:

A 'kill' consists of any item whose effect class is listed as 'kill' (i.e wand of death), as well as presumably the mafia's nightkill.

As for items that allow actions to be hidden: I see none. Either Tiruin killed GlyphGryph, or scum!Shakerag and his scum!buddy both targeted him (one with scrying, the other with a kill). Both are plausible, although Tiruin killing GG fails to explain why GG didn't perform an action.

EBWODP: There doesn't appear to be an item below rare that disguises an action, so that means one of you two performed the kill.
Which two?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:07 pm »

You and Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2012, 09:47:14 am »

So you're blind to if Shakerag even did it? Or are just evading?

...So you, NativeForeigner, won't even try to get extra evidence from the one not under fire?...
[/quote]

Then forgot to answer this question.

While
why didn't anyone suspect, or state they suspected how GG rated them?
nobody specifically answered this.

Then it goes quiet once more.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2012, 10:05:33 am »

Guys, things have turned up. I will need a replacement.

I was hoping to be able to finish a game, but that won't be possible right now. Please forgive me!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2012, 02:39:53 pm »

So you're blind to if Shakerag even did it? Or are just evading?

I suppose it could true that Shakerag+another scum targeted him and only reported you two, but I'm not really sold on that theory. What do you have, beyond speculation, to prove that's what happened?

Then forgot to answer this question.

While
why didn't anyone suspect, or state they suspected how GG rated them?
nobody specifically answered this.

Then it goes quiet once more.
[/quote]

I did answer that.

I'll also answer the general question. I didn't suspect or state how GG rated them because it made sense. That doesn't mean it was a good system. Like you said, it doesn't take metas into account. That's why I didn't bother to worry when my score turned out to be the lowest.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35