Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 101375 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Pleasant Morning [Day 3]
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:40 pm »

Darvi's been offline for two days. No idea about Jack.

Urist: You, actually. I remember having to open another tab with the thread open to look up how to spell "Imiknorris". Reasoning can come later, PFP.
Good thing you didn't choose me - I was the dumbest possible NK target. Although considering that Shakerag was probably the second dumbest choice, we're probably not dealing with very good scum.

Careful with that "we're". I'm almost certain Shakerag isn't scum. I don't THINK you're scum, but I've been wrong more than once, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:10 pm »

By "we" I was referring to the town as a whole.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2012, 10:59:30 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner, Hapah, Shakerag
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah:  Tiruin

Not Voting: Jack A T, Darvi

Day 3 will last until Friday, 5/4 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2012, 11:27:27 pm »

Why OMGUS Hapah instead of pursuing your actual target?
It would be an OMGUS either way, seeing as everyone is out to get the investigated (me). Firstly, I couldn't formulate a question to Shakerag at the time, based on all his results but it looks like everyone else is also fine with such. Anyway, why exactly, do you believe that you were the dumbest possible NK target? Actually, what led you to draw this conclusion?
Good thing you didn't choose me - I was the dumbest possible NK target. Although considering that Shakerag was probably the second dumbest choice, we're probably not dealing with very good scum.

Everyone: What did you all do last night?

Hapah: So about that post of yours, why does it seem like you're putting away other variables then under the grounds of idiocy, other than questioning him? Other than base speculation, what else proved him 'town' in your eyes? After PPE: Why being so soft on that note to Urist?

Jack A T: Why did you use a Scroll of Danger? Where is your 'posting more later' post? Laziness?

Darvi: What have you been doing these past days? And who did you target last night?

NativeForeigner: I see your basis on me is partly to confusion on other Mafia, as Urist I. is a survivor, as you state.
Like I said, I don't necessarily buy the Shakerag + scum combo and Urist I is probably a survivor.
All I've seen from you is a vague response on a case on me, pushing aside the others' thoughts in your posts. You don't give a thorough idea on why you aren't sold on the theory I've stated earlier. On that note, who else do you think is scum, then? Happy to lay back and relax with that idea without further pursuing it? Looks like you're just waiting on others' posts and facts. Can you elaborate your thinking?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PPE: Hapah and Urist I., twice, then Toaster

Mod: Timecount?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2012, 11:53:10 pm »

Tiruin: I think Urist says he'd be the worst NK target because that makes you (who I think is scum) look even more suspicious. If scum kills Urist then he's obv not scum, and unless he flips some sort of 3rd party it paints you in a poor light. Also, can you clarify your question to me?

Urist: I would like to know why you think Shakerag is the 2nd worst NK target, though. I don't see it.

Also, I'm with Tiruin, let's see some N2 actions listed, Jack and Darvi. It's hard to put the puzzle together when you only have half the pieces. I think these are the claimed actions we've got so far:

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

(also, what does PPE mean? Pre-Post Edit?)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:00 am »

Tiruin:
Anyway, why exactly, do you believe that you were the dumbest possible NK target? Actually, what led you to draw this conclusion?
Because: You're scum. If I die, it's a battle between you and Shakerag for who gets lynched, and he has evidence and process of elimination on his side. If Shakerag dies, it's a battle between you and me, and I have a town inspect result on my side. Actually, on further thought, I take back the bit about poor scum - if I was in their position, I'd throw you to the wolves too.

NativeForeigner: I see your basis on me is partly to confusion on other Mafia, as Urist I. is a survivor, as you state.
? Is this about Supernatural 5? Because I'm not.

Also, if Shakerag's lying scum, how do you explain the missing mafiakill?

Hapah:
Urist: I would like to know why you think Shakerag is the 2nd worst NK target, though. I don't see it.
See above.

(also, what does PPE mean? Pre-Post Edit?)
Yes.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27:19 am »

Ah, there's our scumkill.

Jack A T: Why did you use a Scroll of Danger? Where is your 'posting more later' post? Laziness?
Tiruin:
Why I used a scroll of danger: Had it, didn't have much else of use, and I liked the good chances of useful items.

Reason for late post: Not laziness, but school concert band (primarily).  Our glorious leader doesn't particularly like giving us reasonable advance warning of concerts.

Yeah, just to confirm and be clear:  In addition to seeing that Tiruin targeted me last night, I was notified that I was attacked (via arrow, not sure if just flavor or relevant) and a wall of force (ditto) protected me.
I can confirm that a barrier blocking attacks is this game's protection flavour.

Hapah: When Urist Imiknorris claimed to have protected me from the scumkill, why didn't you react, knowing that you had apparently had carried out a successful protection?  Also, why build so much of your case against Tiruin around the assumption that nobody in his position would have ever suspected Shakerag?

Now.  Tiruin, you're toast.  I know Imiknorris is almost definitely not a member of the scumteam, based on the save.  I know that for you to be town, both Hapah and Shakerag must be scum (assuming only one scumteam, generally a safe assumption).  That would be a really, really crappy trade for the scum to make.  Shakerag's described genuine-looking protection flavour.  There's two tracker results against you.  Simple as that.

NativeForeigner: Are you okay there?  You seem utterly confused, and are being incredibly terse (more so than usual for you).  Any reason for the terseness, at least?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2012, 04:34:49 am »

All I've seen from you is a vague response on a case on me, pushing aside the others' thoughts in your posts. You don't give a thorough idea on why you aren't sold on the theory I've stated earlier. On that note, who else do you think is scum, then? Happy to lay back and relax with that idea without further pursuing it? Looks like you're just waiting on others' posts and facts. Can you elaborate your thinking?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sold on the theory because it doesn't seem likely to me. It's an unnecessary risk that would backfire terribly if it failed (someone else tracked, Shakerag got lynched, both the people tracked flipped town...). As for who else is scum, I don't have a solid second pick, I'll get back to you on that. I don't really need to push on it, now do I? I'm voting you because both you and Imiknorris targeted someone who died. Urist I's save on Jack (not the survivor status that I incorrectly stated earlier) clears him, which leaves you as scum.

Ah, there's our scumkill.

NativeForeigner: Are you okay there?  You seem utterly confused, and are being incredibly terse (more so than usual for you).  Any reason for the terseness, at least?

I'm here, and I'm not confused. I just got a little mixed up. I'm being terse because I have some RL stuff that's taking a lot of my attention and making it difficult to focus well.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2012, 09:17:39 am »

Hapah: When Urist Imiknorris claimed to have protected me from the scumkill, why didn't you react, knowing that you had apparently had carried out a successful protection?  Also, why build so much of your case against Tiruin around the assumption that nobody in his position would have ever suspected Shakerag?

Jack: It caught me off-guard. Honestly, Scroll of Danger never even crossed my mind: I assumed one scum kill and one vigi kill. I wanted to see if anyone was going to claim one of the attacks or claim the protect on Shakerag (I know I protected him, another person claiming to would receive fresh scrutiny). On the second part of your question, I've laid out why I believe Shakerag is probably not scum. Urist acted like I would have acted in that position, Tiruin did not. It's not bulletproof (nothing in Mafia is), but it's what I have: I think Shakerag is good, so Urist and/or Tiruin is scum, and Urist smells like roses comparatively. I think I answered the question, but let me know if I missed something.

On a sidenote, I like the Oracle Scroll defense: It's exactly what I'd do in his place if I was scum.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2012, 08:57:13 am »

Day should be over, yes?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2012, 11:53:54 am »

Mhmm. There are two possibilities:

1.) Toast had a very fun Friday night and is/was in no shape to get on
2.) The same SINISTER FORCE that took Darvi has made off with toast? WHO WILL IT TAKE NEXT?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2012, 12:26:31 am »

Very sorry, day over, will run dayend in AM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - He didn't get what he wanted [Day 2]
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2012, 07:05:28 am »

Vote Count:

Jack A T: 
Darvi: 
Tiruin: Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner, Hapah, Shakerag, Jack A T
NativeForeigner:
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah:  Tiruin

Not Voting: Darvi

There is a fairly clear consensus, and Tiruin is surrounded and shoved to the trapped door.  He only grins.

"Fine.  You caught me... but I'm not helping you out of here!"

He grabs something on the door, and is immediately impaled.

Clearly he was one of the ones attempting to block the escape.  But who else is involved?

Tiruin has been lynched!  He was a Thief (Mafia).

Night 3 has begun!  Night 3 will last until Monday 5/7 at 11 PM.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Caught in the Act [Night 3]
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2012, 07:48:07 pm »

Given that Darvi has fallen off the edge of the planet, he is up for replace unless he wakes up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Caught in the Act [Night 3] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »

Bookthras has replaced Darvi.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35