Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Makai Kingdom: Episode 2: Part 5: VEGETABLE GAEM: PART 2: HUGS

(1/14) > >>

Darvi:
Intro
Well, that's great news for the guys at CERN I guess?
In one such world, in the corner of a backwater galaxy, humans rule over a senseless planet...
However, that's about as important as a speck of dust in this pluralistic cosmos.
Well, here in the Netherworld, things work the same way.
I wanted to tell him that, but... he had problems with my prophecy, already.
You can tell he's evil by his facial marks, his grin, the way he holds his hands, his hairstyle, the title "Lord"...
Hyaaha ha ha ha! Nothing can stop me now!
Oh, and by his laughter and gloating too, I guess.FORBIDDEN LIBRARYSecurity's tighter than I expected. Then again, this IS where the Sacred Tome is kept...
Argh! I shouldn't be wasting my time! if I don't hurry up, my Netherworld will disappear like that damn prophecy said.
Wanna bet that's gonna happen anyway?DEEP WITHIN THE LIBRARY
Of course, you can't get any legendary artifacts without an appropriate boss fight, not even if you're a bad-ass freakin' Overlord (his words).What the--!? Who the hell're you?
I am called Raiden. As per my master's orders, I am here to destroy you.
Oh yeah? Well my name's Solid Snake, and I want you to get the fuck out of my game.
So, uh, let me guess... You're the reason my Netherworld is supposed to be destroyed?
Hyaaha ha ha ha! I'm a freakin' Overlord, you idiot! ... The strongest in the entire cosmos.
I'm sure the Tyrant would like to have a word with you about that.
Are you really the best warrior that prophecy could send? I'll crush you like a grape!
Something's telling me he's not about to be roasted by that lightning...Alright then, tutorial battle time. Zetta starts mumbling, but I ignore him and check out his stats instead.
He's powerful alright, but I've seen better.Zetta has 4 attacks. Slash is your basic sword strike, but his Zetta Sword is probably strong enough to cleave anything the game throws at him at this point in half.
Showtime is a short-range, single target attack. More powerful than Slash, and hell of a lot flashier.
Darkness Falls is a short-range area attack. Throwing Your Sword taken to the extreme by quadrupling it and crashing it into the enemies for OVER NINE THOUSAND damage.
Zodiac is a long-range area attack. It's... disappointingly non-flashy despite its name. Not even any zodiac signs to be seen. Okay, it's got explosions and everything, but it's not what I'd expect.

The enemies are laughably weak, at only Lv100. Even their Omega-tier spells can't scratch the Overlord.
The battlefield after one turn. They actually managed to hurt themselves worse than Zetta did.Raiden himself is Lv1000 but doesn't move yet. Enough time to finish of his minions.
His Thunder Dance even tickles a little.I let him do his thing a few turns and defeat him with two Showtimes.

...Raiden, hm? I've seen that fighting style somewhere before.
Well Shock and Awe isn't exactly a rarity...
But, I'm over it. Looks like my Netherworld is safe, now.
Hyaaha ha ha ha! I'm one bad-ass freakin' Overlord. Hahaha.
Ah, the "Sacred Tome". It's about damn time.
Everything pertaining to my netherworld should be recorded in this book.
Let's take a look-see if things have improved since I trashed that Raiden guy...
My Troper-senses tell me that, if anything, they have become worse.What the--!?
Told ya.Heh, what a crock...
Well I'll be a son of a--
Stupid, am I? My foolishness doomed the Netherworld? Really?
How dare you read to me like that! I'm a freakin' Overlord!
I think it's a good time to mention it, have you ever heard of the Evil Overlord List? You might find it... enlightening.
What is this? "Sacred Tome?" HA! More like... Sucky... Dumb... thing...!
Oh come on, I think you can do better burns than that!
I didn't mean that literally!What the--!?
Gruaaaargh!
What the hell's going on?

I'll hazard a guess and say that you just doomed your netherworld. Self-fulfilling prophecies can be bitches like that.
Wait...! if the Sacred Tome is...
Later, Crispin Freeman would realise just how stupid that was.Ahh, crap! My netherworld's gonna be destroyed!
Humans might not be all that important, but at least they have heard of Croesus.
Grr... What the hell can I do?
Aha! I'll bind my soul to the damn book!End of Intro

Darvi:
So what is Makai Kingdom?

Makai Kingdom is, like most games by NIS, a strategy game. Similar to the perhaps more well-known Disgaea series, You have a hub at which you can recruit new characters, buy equipment, and, most importantly, travel to other places where most of the action takes place.
Here are a few of the more notable differences from the Disgaea games:
-No grid. Character movement is in no way limited to arbitrary X any Y axes, and they can move straight to any position in a set circumference around their original position. That includes on top of your allies. Target areas of skills are also based on spheres and cylinders.
-No item levels. You use what you get. Item world grinding gets annoying anyways.
-Out-of-combat uses of characters. Healers can act as hospitals, merchants sell you items, and so on. And the great thing about it is that you get further benefits that the standard facilities don't provide. Speaking of which...
-Facilities and other non-character stuff. You can summon buildings that provide bonuses to your characters (or just squash your enemies beneath them!). You can also summon vehicles, from motorcycles to mechs (and I fully intend to confine a witch into the Al Azif and have her pilot a mech). Gear Metal? Yay!

Some of these features are similar or identical to those in Phantom Brave. No wonder really, since Phantom Kingdom is sort of its successor.

How do you create a character?

To do that, you have to "confine" them into an item lying around in the hub. This sounds similar to Marona's MO, but is actually quite different. Most importantly, once a character has been confined, it can potentially stay forever without disappearing after a set amount of time.
The kind of item you confine them into has an effect on their stats. Equipment tends to have subpar stat modifiers until late-game, so it's best to stick to plants and rocks. OS' and cakes work great too (except I'm gonna destroy all non-cheesecake cakes).
The first character and original leader gets confined into an item that provides a 20% boost to all stats, making them better than any other unit of the same kind for quite a while. You jelly yet?

What about facilities?

To make a facility, you'll have to sacrifice a non-equipped non-leader character. What facilities you can then make depends on the class of said character. You can then summon this new facility like anything else.
But the character isn't gone permanently! You can remake them as if you had transmigrated them into a new item, minus of course the mana costs for the facility.

Wait what, mana?

Many things, such as unlocking free dungeons, building facilities and creating advanced characters require mana from one of the preexisting characters. Mana can be obtained by killing enemies.
Zetta starts with 3000 mana, but...

Can I become the leader?

AHAHAHAHA over my dead body.

Can I get a regular character then?

Sure, if you accept me as your leader you can join anytime! I need at least 2 minions anyway before I can start.

For now the following classes are available:

Spoiler: Fighter M. (click to show/hide)

HP : 31/120%
SP : 14/60%
Atk: 27/110%
Def: 28/120%
Int: 12/50%
Res: 12/60%
Tec: 13/60%

Skills:
-Sword
-Morningstar
-Spear
-Axe
-HP+1
-Atk+1
-Def+1
Spoiler: Fighter F. (click to show/hide)

HP : 26/110%
SP : 16/70%
Atk: 26/110%
Def: 26/110%
Res: 16/70%
Tec: 12/50%

Skills:
-Dagger
-Sword
-Rapier
-Spear
-HP+1
-Atk+1
-Def+1
Spoiler: Healer (click to show/hide)

HP : 21/70%
SP : 27/100%
Atk: 18/70%
Def: 12/60%
Int: 19/80%
Res: 27/110%
Tec: 10/50%

Skills:
-Dagger
-Spear
-Book
-Syringe*
-Healing Skills
-Passive Skills
-SP+1
-Res+1
Spoiler: Magician (click to show/hide)

HP : 17/70%
SP : 28/120%
Atk: 16/60%
Def: 12/50%
Int: 28/120%
Res: 19/100%
Tec: 16/80%

Skills:
-Dagger
-Book
-Drum*
-Box*
-Magic Skills
-Passive Skills
-SP+1
-Int+1
Spoiler: Witch (click to show/hide)

HP : 16/60%
SP : 28/130%
Atk: 11/50%
Int: 26/120%
Res: 22/110%
Tec: 15/80%

Skills:
-Dagger
-Book
-Staff*
-Motherfucking Magnets*
-Magic Skills
-Passive Skills
-SP+1
-Int+1
Spoiler: Pickpocket (click to show/hide)

HP : 21/70%
SP : 17/50%
Atk: 16/60%
Res: 13/50%
Tec: 20/70%

Skills:
-Dagger
-Rapier
-UFO
-Rifle*
-Fishing Pole*
-Move+2
-Jump+2
Spoiler: Merchant (click to show/hide)

HP : 22/90%
SP : 22/70%
Atk: 20/70%
Def: 15/60%
Int: 19/70%
Res: 15/60%
Tec: 22/80%

Skills:
-Spear
-Nunchaku
-Bazooka*
-Hammer
-Money+30%

Notes:
-It should be obvious what the stats do. If not, then you should probably play more RPG's. The possible exception is Tec, which iirc affects hit-chances.
-The percentages are how effective equipment is in boosting that stat. You'll have a hard time boosting a mage's lackluster Def, for instance.
-Weapon-skills are only learned if a character wields that kind of weapon. Having that kind of weapon listed in the skill-list means that they are proficient with that kind of weapon and learn the according skills faster.
-Weapon types with an asterisk besides them cannot be bought from a store or merchant. They have to be stolen on the battlefield to be acquired.
-Some of these classes have, as alread mentioned, uses outside of battle. Healers heal your characters and gain experience when doing so. Merchants buy and sell as the store would. They initially don't provide the same 10% discount, but as they get better they can give you even better discounts and even give you more money for selling stuff. Witches (and possibly magicians) can arrange characters' skills.
-There already is a M.Fighter. Variance would be nice until we have more people. Similarly, the position of merchant is already reserved under the name of DiMinaccia. Aharharhar.
-UFO's are the pickpocket's tool for theft. Higher Tec equals higher probability to steal enemies' equipment.
-Hammers are mean. Not only are they weak, they also de-level your units upon impact.
-I have no fucking clue how magnets work.

The following items are ready for confinement:

2 palm trees(+10%HP/SP, -10%Def/Res)
2 flowers(+20%SP/Int, -20% HP/Atk)
2 rocks(+20%HP/Def, -20% Int/Tec)
2 weeds(+20%SP/Tec, -20%Atk/Def)

Just tell me what kind of character, confinement item and weapon type you want and I'll try to make it so.
But remember, later on new classes can be unlocked and better items become available. So it can pay off to wait a while before joining.

Can I be a Mech pilot?

Sure... once I have unlocked vehicles that is.

Darvi:
Characters:
Wymar, M.Apprentice Lv7, Allied Symbol, Swords

New Guy, Witch Lv6, Flower☆☆☆, Books

BunnyBob, Pickpocket Lv5, Weed, UFOs

Simmura, Healer Lv6, Rock, Books

Hexedy, M.Apprentice Lv7, Rock, Axes

Shadowgandor, Merchant Lv7, Weed, Nunchuks

Zomph, Magician Lv6, Small Flower☆, Books

Hammer Time, Evil Carrot Lv7, Palm Tree, Spears

Nevyn, Cat Kid Lv7, Rock☆, Chain&Balls

Happerry, F.Fighter Lv6, Flat Rock☆, Rapiers

Waitlist:

Trapezohedron:
Oh yay, Makai Kingdom!

Can I get a slot as a Witch? Because fake Majyyks are always more awesome than physical combat.

BunnyBob77:
Make me a pickpocket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version